Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-14 17:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Maat's Cap +2, Osode +2, DMG- neck, and impact are total ***, yo.

For cereal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-14 17:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Would be so cool :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 17:31:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Yea the belt is bout the only good thing
Twilight helm
Twilight mail
Twilight torque
Twilight cloak
Impact.
Light armor jobs (see OP) only get the belt and torque. I'd guess he doesn't use PDT or MDT, hence the omission of the latter.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Solara said:
Whm is the single most overpowered job in Abyssea, because literally no job can touch it on healing per second the massive hp in there.

The difference between Mnk and Sam or Drg is much less pronounced than the difference between a Whm and any other healing class in Abyssea.

WHM is the only "healing" job that was always meant to heal.
But where does that leave my DNC? :(
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-12-15 08:16:53
Link | Citer | R

MNK overpowered? yep,a bit. but i can live with that, 'cuz back when i was lvl 56 mnk i got no party in any toau area because everyone wanted me to be sam or drg with a polearm. so i had to solo to 75. payback's a ***. even tough you can not really compare these times with today. DRG, and SAM are still extreme damage dealers.

and yeah: mnk needs that Bicycle Kick!
[+]
 Caitsith.Unafae
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-12-15 09:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said:
Whm is the single most overpowered job in Abyssea, because literally no job can touch it on healing per second the massive hp in there.

The difference between Mnk and Sam or Drg is much less pronounced than the difference between a Whm and any other healing class in Abyssea.

Ok how can u say that whm is overpowered ummm if u want some low cure bombs sure take a rdm or sch but considering you have 2k+ hp I think I would want a healer that can give me at least half of it back with a cure VI instead of dying. Just because my whm can do that doesn't mean I'm overpowered it means I'm keeping up with the DD/tank's hp is all, aka doing my job as a healer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Unafae
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-12-15 09:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Caitsith.Unafae said:
Asura.Solara said:

Ok how can u say that whm is overpowered ummm if u want some low cure bombs sure take a rdm or sch but considering you have 2k+ hp I think I would want a healer that can give me at least half of it back with a cure VI instead of dying. Just because my whm can do that doesn't mean I'm overpowered it means I'm keeping up with the DD/tank's hp is all, aka doing my job as a healer.

He means, cure IV is not cutting it out for other healer jobs. 580~ Cure IV isn't cutting it out for rdm when DD's have 3k HP. Whm isn't overpowered it is where it should stand, but other healers need cure V at least.

Not the way I took it, he was saying that whm has too much and its not fair. I think SE is fixing what was messed up so badly, taking rdm and sch healers and putting them back into their respective roles. Why should they get cure V, they aren't the true healers, they got ja and spells that make them special for their job and that's what they should be doing not trying to take away the job of a whm.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-15 09:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

He means, cure IV is not cutting it out for other healer jobs. 580~ Cure IV isn't cutting it out for rdm when DD's have 3k HP.

Cure IV is plenty adequate for a non-optimal main healer job, such as RDM or SCH.

WHM should be the "best" main healer job ... that's what it's designed to be.

Back in the 75-capped years, RDM or SCH didn't have any significant disadvantage in healing power, for most situations. So, people often preferred a RDM or SCH over a WHM. And who could blame them for that preference then?

Now, WHM has access to a ton more Cure Potency equipment, and can cast Cure VI and utilize /RDM or /SCH subjobs to gain additional advantage as a main healer job.
At that same time, RDM and SCH received a host of new abilities that improve their potential to enfeeble, nuke, and buff themselves and the party.

So, if your waiting/anticipating Cure V for RDM or SCH in future level cap increases, I got bad news for you: it probably isn't going to happen.
But don't cry to me about it, because RDM and SCH are still two very valuable, useful, and versatile jobs. They just aren't the most desirable main healer jobs. That doesn't mean WHM is "overpowered", in any way, what-so-ever.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-15 09:25:14
Link | Citer | R

Giving rdm and sch cure V will take nothing away from whm in the least. Whm has access to more cure potency than both of the other jobs and also has Cure VI. They also have different job abilities.

I was actually quite amazed that rdm and sch didnt get Cure V this update. Seeing as how the only thing outside of enfeebles that people ever used to invite a rdm for, refresh, is now so abundant in abyssea with atmas that the spell isn't nearly as useful.
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2010-12-15 09:47:33
Link | Citer | R

I was too. Cure3 is pretty much useless when melee hps approach or exceed the 3k mark and mobs can hit for 2k or more.

And about the Twilight gear, it's mostly ok, some new models, so it's neat to walk around in and Impact is fun to cast.

The discernment abyssite and apocalypse atma more than make up for any shortcomings the gear has.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-15 09:53:34
Link | Citer | R

The potency and effectiveness of RDM Enfeebling Magic is unparalleled. Refresh is an afterthought at this point.

RDM no longer needs to sub /DRK to be a stunner, and by subbing /BLM, RDM gains additional nuking power, which is even further enhanced by these:

RDM AF3 hat
RDM AF3 legs

Black Mage (or Scholar, I guess) is a top-notch nuker, and a decent enfeebler.
On the flipside, Red Mage is a top-notch enfeebler, and a decent nuker.

Red Mages, for years, in my experience, have been complaining about being asked to "main heal". So now why all of a sudden, are Red Mages complaining that their healing prowess is inferior?
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 10:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
The potency and effectiveness of RDM Enfeebling Magic is unparalleled. Refresh is an afterthought at this point. RDM no longer needs to sub /DRK to be a stunner, and by subbing /BLM, RDM gains additional nuking power, which is even further enhanced by these: RDM AF3 hat RDM AF3 legs Black Mage (or Scholar, I guess) is a top-notch nuker, and a decent enfeebler. On the flipside, Red Mage is a top-notch enfeebler, and a decent nuker. Red Mages, for years, in my experience, have been complaining about being asked to "main heal". So now why all of a sudden, are Red Mages complaining that their healing prowess is inferior?

RDM/BLM for nuking power? Only reason I see to /blm is for sleepga(which can be covered sometimes by /sch), stun, and elemental seal(which I don't see being very useful these days). You may get another tier of MAB trait, though I doubt it, haven't looked it up to be sure, just covering my tracks.

But if you want to really gain some ground with nukes, use /sch. It's really an all-around versatile subjob for red mage. Access to -na spells when needed, if not needed, access to increased elemental magic skill and AoE debuffs(like sleep, bind, and gravity).

I will say that stun is amazing for RDM to have though. With our fast cast and if people know to cast the spell in full haste gear, you can really spam this spell. If there are only 2-3 DDs on the monster, and the monster is over 25% HP, you can easily stun most TP moves as long as they don't have regain. 2 RDM/BLMs can help out a ton if they watch for TP moves.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 10:35:45
Link | Citer | R

I'd be happy if they gave a side-grade Cure V to Scholar and Red Mage. A Cure V potent cure with the same hate calculations as Cure IV. This would ***-block you from spamming it in a situation where you're just there for healing, but would still give them the opportunity to do it.

Then again, SE clearly doesn't want Red Mage to be able to tank anymore, so that may never happen.

Also, I want Restoral on Blue Mage! Self-target only Cure for like 1k+ plox.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-15 10:44:52
Link | Citer | R

WHM is overpowered because its healing power far outstrips any other curative job. MNK/WAR are overpowered because their damage-dealing power far outstrips any other DD job. Is that such an unreasonable parallel?

RDM and SCH shouldn't be as good healers as WHM. Even if they got Cure5 they still wouldn't be anywhere approaching. The issue is that if you're fighting something serious in a situation where you can't just throw bodies at something, WHM isn't just the best choice - it is the ONLY choice. This is a problem. If I said that SAM was the only viable DD on hard stuff, people would claim the job is overpowered, and be right. Just because WHM doesn't do damage, people overlook the disparity.

Quote:
Black Mage (or Scholar, I guess) is a top-notch nuker, and a decent enfeebler.
On the flipside, Red Mage is a top-notch enfeebler, and a decent nuker.

Pre-update, RDM was the best nuker in the game over time. May be different with Elemental Celerity and BLM AF3+2 set bonus etc now, but unless you are a top tier BLM, RDM is the stronger nuker.

Also, what is the purpose of Slow/Paralyze/etc? To reduce damage. WHM Slow1 + Para1 and their cures will mitigate damage more effectively over time than RDM Slow2 + Para2 and Cure4. Just something to think about.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 10:59:00
Link | Citer | R

How is BLM a decent enfeebler? Para/Slow are ultimately more useful than Blind(lol), and if you need Grav/Bind for something you wouldn't have a WHM(Or a BLM) lol

I haven't really been paying too much attention to FFXI the last month or so, but unless something has drastically changed that I am unaware of, BLM is pretty much useless.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:07:16
Link | Citer | R

WHM can cast Para/Slow. I'm pretty sure~

If you're in a situation where you're straight tanking something(I.e. 90% of the game), you'd have a WHM. If you're in a kiting situation, RDM is better than BLM. (SCH might even be ffs) And you wouldn't even need Para/slow on a mob you're kiting lol.

I love BLM, and really wish I could justify leveling it past 85 but it's been dead for awhile now~
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:30:35
Link | Citer | R

When would a BLM ever be taking damage?

In an optimal situation
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Then you aren't using a BLM? Why would you when MNK BRD WHM can destroy pretty much every mob in the game

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Bring a mule. If that's your argument to BLM being good, then sorry, lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:44:20
Link | Citer | R

I have a friend who does trio box BRD MNK BLM :c

I'm his fourth box <3

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:49:38
Link | Citer | R

We do use a BRD mule :/ I literally just said that, lol.

Making fights shorter and easier is all what I'm talking about. I'm sure we could do everything we do with a WHM and MNK with a RDM and a DRK, but that would be stupid.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10