First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-14 13:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
At this point in the game though, most of us have so many jobs leveled that it really doesn't matter. My red mage can still solo ***in Abyssea, I guess that's overpowered too. I solo some NMs on BLU, so that must also be overpowered. I've even solo'd a few on BST. Nerf them all.

My points about MNK being overpowered have nothing to do with solo capability, if that's what you mean... I don't consider solo capability an overpowered aspect of a particular job (especially since in Abyssea, solo means less chances at particular drops a lot of the time compared to a group).

Quote:
Sort of but not really a semantics question: are these jobs overpowered or is everyone else just underpowered?

Well, in my opinion at the moment:

Overpowered: WAR, MNK, WHM
Underpowered: PLD, DRK, RNG?

I don't think any of the jobs are in need of balance changes so much as those five, but I do not feel capable of assessing SCH's position at the moment, nor PUP or SMN's (though I am pretty confident SMN is not underpowered like it used to be).

RNG I am on the fence about as well. Jishnu's Radiance is very strong but ... well, food for discussion I suppose.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-14 13:15:26
Link | Citer | R

SMN is definitely not underpowered. I would actually add it to your overpowered list. Predator claws with three atmas and the right gear is absolutely insane.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-14 13:16:31
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen that though my initial reaction would be that it's simply burst damage while a "normal" DD can output far more over time. I haven't seen it though so that's just my knee-jerk reaction.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 13:17:15
Link | Citer | R

You haven't seen the dmg drk can pump out with rampage!?!?!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-14 13:19:45
Link | Citer | R

SMN in my shell put out a 7k+ predator claws yesterday. It was on a regular mob though. Even if you half that though on most of the lower tier NMs, that's still 3500 hate free damage.

There's also a BLU I know that does 3k+ aoe nukes now. He single handedly farms TEs for his entire alliance by killing 10 things at a time. Some would say that's a bit unbalanced too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-14 13:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't it have a recast though? DDs WS extremely quickly. Hatefree is nice though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-14 13:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
lol I used to get that, got turned down so many times from parties/nyzul isle stuff because i didnt have sam.

Is that why?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 13:25:46
Link | Citer | R

7k sounds like a set bonus proc, but I could be wrong. Where's that SS of the 8k+ Ukko's on an Ironclad?

(itt: BNS)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Sushiroll
user: Sushiroll
By Sylph.Sushiroll 2010-12-14 13:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, but when it comes to a job being overpowered.. there is only one

DNC
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 13:29:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sushiroll said:

DNC
ITT: 2009
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-14 13:32:34
Link | Citer | R

well if we are talking about over powered jobs now, Im glad its happening... honestly sam has had it easy all these years being over powered compared to other jobs, now everyone else is catching up and surpassing....bout damn time IMO
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-14 13:32:48
Link | Citer | R

All I'm saying is you can't really say a job is overpowered in one aspect unless you're ready to acknowledge how other jobs are overpowered in other aspects.

I admit that my monk dishes out more damage than my other DD jobs, but at the same time I can't solo some NMs on my MNK that I can solo on my RDM or BLU.

Now if you hand me a white mage, it's a completely different story. But I was talking strictly solo ability.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-14 13:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Sushiroll said:

DNC
PUP is on the list too now, with Nukes, and then with tacticle switch for ws dmg
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-14 13:35:21
Link | Citer | R

plus solo on pup is easy peasy, and you can solo in a couple of different ways too, which makes it even more fun
[+]
 Sylph.Sushiroll
user: Sushiroll
By Sylph.Sushiroll 2010-12-14 13:38:01
Link | Citer | R

When it comes to solo ability I'd have to say DNC is the king, especially with an evasion set it. I mean the job can heal 700+, debuff, buff, stun, has sentinel, and deals a moderate amount of dmg. Only other job that can solo NMs almost as well would be nin/dnc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-14 13:38:18
Link | Citer | R

If I weren't on a phone, I'd be saying how ridiculous you all sound saying how DNC and SMN are overpowered. DNC is over-shadowed in EVERY aspect by none other than NIN. As for SMN, it's not great and it's not bad. In my opinion it doesn't need a fix other than reducing BP timers a bit, since it is still a decent hate/tp free nuke. Maybe give SMN merit-like elemental BPs on level up so we get a wider elemental spread without gimping damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-14 13:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sushiroll said:
When it comes to solo ability I'd have to say DNC is the king, especially with an evasion set it. I mean the job can heal 700+, debuff, buff, stun, has sentinel, and deals a moderate amount of dmg. Only other job that can solo NMs almost as well would be nin/dnc.

Ninja solos better <_<;
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-14 13:41:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 13:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sushiroll said:
That cure for 700 has a 17 second recast. If you're taking <2500 damage/min on DNC, I assure you NIN/DNC will have no trouble keeping up with Waltz III spam. It has better enfeebles, more shadows, at least as strong evasion, Migawari, better PDT gear (more or less balances out Fan Dance), and has comparable or better DPS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 13:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Sushiroll said:

DNC
PUP is on the list too now, with Nukes, and then with tacticle switch for ws dmg
You're either gimping your WS damage with nuking atmas, gimping your nuke damage with DD atmas, or gimping both with a hybrid setup in the situation you describe. Regardless of which of the three it is, that's not an overpowered setup.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-14 14:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
ITT: we don't remember sam onry, arrow burns, drk zergs, rdm soloing/tanking everything, KRT, polearm birds, manaburns, smn lvl sync etc. etc. The pendulum will swing the other way eventually so stop acting like SE hasn't ever thrown you a bone.

And this is about the only time Blue Mage has started to shine, so I'm happy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-14 16:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Whm is the single most overpowered job in Abyssea, because literally no job can touch it on healing per second the massive hp in there.

The difference between Mnk and Sam or Drg is much less pronounced than the difference between a Whm and any other healing class in Abyssea.
[+]
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-14 16:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Sushiroll said:

Ninja solos better <_<;

Hugely so.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-14 16:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Sushiroll said:

DNC
You're either gimping your WS damage with nuking atmas, gimping your nuke damage with DD atmas, or gimping both with a hybrid setup in the situation you describe. Regardless of which of the three it is, that's not an overpowered setup.
The hell are you talking about.... If I am in a pt these days, and I can probably speak for most all pups with this, that we mainly use BLM auto these days, unless we are in need of cures in which case we are using WHM auto, which uses the same atma's.... as far as Melee auto's and atma's, there are abilities to warp to the infusionist if need be and switch atma's...

however i was just making a general statement about DD power with tacticle switch, and BLM auto nuke capabilities...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 17:10:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Sushiroll said:

DNC
The hell are you talking about.... If I am in a pt these days, and I can probably speak for most all pups with this, that we mainly use BLM auto these days, unless we are in need of cures in which case we are using WHM auto, which uses the same atma's.... as far as Melee auto's and atma's, there are abilities to warp to the infusionist if need be and switch atma's...

however i was just making a general statement about DD power with tacticle switch, and BLM auto nuke capabilities...
I could ask the same of you, because I pointed out he's wrong and then you quote me saying HEY PUP IS OP TOO.

Anyway. Are you seriously saying the puppet alone is overpowered? I assumed you were meleeing next to it... If not, and you really think DAD nuking is overpowered in this age of infinite MP, I have to laugh.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-14 17:17:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said:
Whm is the single most overpowered job in Abyssea, because literally no job can touch it on healing per second the massive hp in there.

The difference between Mnk and Sam or Drg is much less pronounced than the difference between a Whm and any other healing class in Abyssea.

WHM is the only "healing" job that was always meant to heal.

Just because people got by with a RDM as main healer does not mean a RDM was ever supposed to be a "healer"

Same with SCH it was not created to be a "healing" class just because it can heal.

The difference with your analogy is a DD is a DD is a DD you named different DDs... they all DD even if there is a gap between which DD is the best DD in that given time period or situation or fight it's still a DD.

You can compare a DD to a DD, you can compare a tank to a tank, you can compare a buffer to another buffer even if some jobs are hybrid classes. You shouldn't compare WHM to another job just because it has the capability of curing someone, it doesn't make it a "healing" class imo. It's not that WHM is "overpowered" it's that it's unique in it's the only true "healer" class in the game. People just forgot about this for a long time because other jobs were able to get the job done.

The truth is back in the day before level syncs etc RDMs didn't always cut it as main healer depending on the situation. It's just that SE brought balance to the game in terms of healing again by making WHM useful look at all the cure pot% gear that's been added exclusively to WHM they are fixing what kind of got broken a long time ago. Even after Abyssea had been out for a while people argued that SCH or RDM could still heal better than WHMs, I can tell you that Cure IVs aren't going to always cut it as most people already found out.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-14 17:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
Yea the belt is bout the only good thing
Twilight helm
Twilight mail
Twilight torque