Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Parry!!
Parry!!
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-13 23:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Ok so Dancer's Roll + Perfect Attendance Atma + Sandy Mission Atma (refresh 5 regen 15) = perpetual corsair parry skill-ups fighting Mandies in Tahrongi Canyon.

However what I need to know, is parry wicked slow in general or amidoingitwrong? Should i fight some lower lvl mobs to get closer to cap before i fight mandies?

I'm at 208 nao and getting like 1 skillup every hour in abyssea.
 Fenrir.Acebeast
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2010-12-14 00:17:20
Link | Citer | R

yep it is very slow just like guard...
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-14 00:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Parry is usually slow.

I think for your current skill level you might be better off outside of Abyssea on lower level stuff like Mourioche & Koriggan in The Boyanda Tree with a -pdt build and -eva gear.

The idea is to fight a mob (preferrably more than one to speed the process up and increase your evasion penalty) whose lvl is equal to or slightly above your Parry level.

Parry 200 is equivalent to a job with A+/- Skill in the 60s, so fighting stuff that is level 80+ will make skillups much slower.

It may sound oldschool but it worked for me back when the cap was at 75
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2010-12-14 00:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Even at 277 base parry, skill ups are slow and random as hell on Abyssea mobs.. So being that far undercapped will take forever. As was suggested before, better off targetting enemies the level that you would skill up a weapon of a similar skill level on.