[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-13 12:34:23
Link | Citer | R

I can't imagine that you do it very often, but how does that compare to other SA->Rudra's Storms?

I did some testing with Shark Bite that seemed to indicate it doesn't copy the first hit's fTP. I guess I can try again more later.
 Odin.Lowblow
Serveur: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-12-13 12:53:04
Link | Citer | R

I havent seen Striking do to much for me. I used to use Climactic, but with RR on its really not needed.

So i guess for me the question is..

Striking or building?
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-12-13 13:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Did some self tests myself with Eviscration. Building seems to work much better... But why not get the extra steps to use both? They are different flourish catagorys.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-13 13:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Lowblow said:
I havent seen Striking do to much for me. I used to use Climactic, but with RR on its really not needed.

So i guess for me the question is..

Striking or building?
Neither, Reverse.

EDIT: Well, I forgot Striking is only 2 FM. *If* it copies fTP, it'll depend on your WS of choice. Striking would benefit Rudra's far more than Evis. Building just isn't worth it.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-13 17:11:05
Link | Citer | R

its on a 2 min recast for one, i was using both striking and building then NFR before the first rudra for darkness sc. i had done a 5900 on the colibri mobs nearby, but if you look at my screen shots on my page, i have a 6500 rudra on thf with double attack (didn't live for the 3rd hit apparently). so no compared to a thf, dnc cant raise it's dmg like that. but yeah this is pretty much the only thing striking is good for, not to be confused with "striking is good because it can do this" it still sucks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-13 18:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Does Striking Flourish -> Rudra's Storm do more damage than a Rudra's Storm that you Double Attack on?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-13 18:16:49
Link | Citer | R

honestly im not sure, i'll have to check to verify. seems like it does though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-14 09:01:32
Link | Citer | R

Ok, maybe it forces a hit that copies fTP afterall then.

Other questions:
* Do you notice a change in your TP return (more than +1) when you use Striking Flourish with it?
* Is your maximum number of WS hits still 2 (1-handed) or 4 (dualwielding)?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-14 09:55:51
Link | Citer | R

If you can pump up Rudra's at all with Striking Flourish to something respectable, it makes Twashtar seem a lot more appealing because you aren't sacrificing so much to activate the aftermath~

We're doing Glavoid on Thursday! Let's see if I can ninja some shells...lollll
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-14 10:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
If you can pump up Rudra's at all with Striking Flourish to something respectable, it makes Twashtar seem a lot more appealing because you aren't sacrificing so much to activate the aftermath~

We're doing Glavoid on Thursday! Let's see if I can ninja some shells...lollll
it's only respectable /thf so you can force a crit.

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Ok, maybe it forces a hit that copies fTP afterall then.

Other questions:
* Do you notice a change in your TP return (more than +1) when you use Striking Flourish with it?
* Is your maximum number of WS hits still 2 (1-handed) or 4 (dualwielding)?
i'll have a full blown test later this afternoon, was hoping to get my charis body +1'd by then but that isnt going to happen.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-05 09:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so I got Rudra's access the other day. Did some Striking -> Rudra's and I can't tell any difference between them and DA-Rudra's. It looks like Striking is still crappy, and this is just a lucky upper-end Sneak attack'd Rudra's. Also, Climactic doesn't stack with Rudra's. I think the aftermath only affects main hand, too.

I am doomed to using Evisceration forevah! Good thing it's awesome.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-05 15:25:27
Link | Citer | R

i totally forgot about having to test that more in depth like i said i was, sorry about that. you are correct about climax, once again i forgot to clarify that (i've been utterly horrible lately ~_~). aftermath typically on any "aftermath" weapon only applies to the main hand so idk why that was brought up. as for rudra i've actually had a few cases outside abyssea were stronger than dancing edge albeit rare. at any rate congrats on rudra access and thanks for replying where i didnt.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-05 15:45:56
Link | Citer | R

No problem. I'm trying to work on my outside of Abyssea build to make Rudra's at least as strong as Pyrrhic Kleos (so I can justify opening Darkness with it), but not having much luck really. Pyrrhic is a lot stronger than people generally give it credit for.
Pyrrhic is 5.5 fTP, 55% STR, 30% DEX outside of Abyssea.
Rudra's is 5.5 fTP, 25% STR, 30% DEX outside of Abyssea.
... feels like I'm fighting a losing battle there.

Ah, question! Have you noticed any damage dependence on TP for Rudra's? I have done a few 300TP Rudra's and honestly haven't noticed any kind of difference. I'd have to repeat it on level 0 monsters with Sneak Attack to be sure, but I'm 380 WSs from leaving Ro'maeve. <_<
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-05 16:07:14
Link | Citer | R

i dont remember my exact damages on lower end mobs but i think 300tp vs 100tp is about a 50% dmg difference
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-05 16:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Okay, that is pretty consistent with Tachi: Fudo... and also unfortunate =p

Well, it does make the 25 TP Bonus augmented Moonshade earring pretty clearly the best for WS though. It would be about a 0.3 fTP boost on Rudra's.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-05 16:14:25
Link | Citer | R

it is, when rudra came out i was all excited about being one of the first people getting to play with rudra...... on dnc...... words cant express how depressed i was.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-05 16:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... admittedly I haven't been eating meat or anything because I'm out WSing weapons, but I've only had one so far that broke 1000.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-05 16:39:32
Link | Citer | R

had a builded one go for 1900 on the pots in sky when i was farming genbu pops
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-05 23:31:12
Link | Citer | R

My new high is 1250ish, but that was with two DAs and 300TP I think. I could see 1900 being possible for sure, with attack food and 300TP. My high-end without Attack food for 100TP is ~1100, and my cRatio is pretty horrible on these.

Interesting thing to note, I think that Aftermath stacks with Samba's double damage from the AF3+2. I swung for a 300+ damage non-crit today on a weapon with ***cRatio.
 Gilgamesh.Okinoki
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Okinoki
By Gilgamesh.Okinoki 2011-01-07 08:44:44
Link | Citer | R

I am 15 Itza scales away from Twashtar Rudra's and this thread has got me worried that the hell of 50 shells was for nothing :( I really don't want to level THF! Is rudra's ever good on Dnc in abyssea and can aftermath proc on ws? :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-07 08:51:45
Link | Citer | R

I have seen no evidence that Aftermath can proc on WS, and I was watching for it. Rudra's isn't ever good for DNC, inside or outside of Abyssea, and it's only good for Thief when stacked with Sneak or Trick Attack outside of Abyssea.

This is still the best DD dagger that Dancers can wear, though.