Sea Gorgets

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Sea Gorgets
Sea Gorgets
By Raldo 2010-07-21 09:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'd be interested to see a parse between Faith Torque and Sea gorgets seeing how H2H works different than any other weapon type.
I've asked this question before once somewhere, but I've never actually seen it answered. I would imagine +.1fTP would beat +1 base DMG for most H2H WSs, but Asuran falls in a pretty grey area since the fTP would only affect the first hit and the +DMG would affect all. I currently use a gorget for Asuran, but at full merits and lv75, the Faith Torque didn't give me another H2H tier (I think?). I'm not yet 80, so I don't know if it would give a new DMG tier at that level.

Does anyone have concrete data on comparing these two?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-21 09:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure Faith beats Gorget on Asuran assuming the 7 skill pushes you into a higher damage tier. I recall a thread here somewhat recently with evidence.
 Seraph.Rof
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2010-07-22 14:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Pretty sure Faith beats Gorget on Asuran assuming the 7 skill pushes you into a higher damage tier. I recall a thread here somewhat recently with evidence.

Is it true for Stringing Pummel ?

Cause with merits i count a base dmg of 35.67 and with merits + faith torque i count a base dmg of 36.44

So if it's true, i will have stop to use my Flame Gorget ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-22 14:45:13
Link | Citer | R

0.1 fTP on an 8 hit 1.0 fTP WS is a 1.25% boost. Faiths will indeed be better when the skill gives you 1 extra base damage.

Should be the same story for Stringing Pummel due in part to your lower base attack.
 Seraph.Rof
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2010-07-22 15:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Ty ty ^^
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-22 15:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget need to evaluate if your acc is capped or not
 Sylph.Katalsar
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-07-22 15:53:23
Link | Citer | R

I got a question..may be dumb but whatever rather know than assume...

Lets say you have a partner or sekkanoki, would sea gorgets give more of a boost in your SC damage rather than the standard torques?

(Sorta like Sengikori w/o the job ability)
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-22 15:55:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Katalsar said:

Lets say you have a partner or sekkanoki, would sea gorgets give more of a boost in your SC damage rather than the standard torques?

SC damage is based on the WS damage I thought, so it would indirectly affect it

/shrug

[+]
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-07-22 15:59:01
Link | Citer | R

It is based on the WS damage.

You know like the SC accuracy or decrease being resisted...
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-22 16:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Katalsar said:

In general,

If you do a level 1 skillchain, the damage of that skillchain will be ~50% of the damage done by the closing Weaponskill. Provided that there were no resists, of course.

If you do a level 2 skillchain, the damage of that skillchain will be ~60% of the damage done by the closing Weaponskill. Provided that there were no resists, of course.

If you do a level 3 skillchain, the damage of that skillchain will be ~100% of the damage done by the closing Weaponskill. Provided that there were no resists, of course.

If you're doing more damage with the gorget, then I suppose you could say that indirectly it is increasing the damage of the skillchain, yes... but that is only because the skillchain damage, in general, is determined by the damage of the closing WS. (skillchain dmg resists and such may be a factor depending on what type of mob you're performing the skillchain on, based on the mob's resistance to the element of the skillchain etc.)
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-07-22 16:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Ok thanks.
 Asura.Hotin
Serveur: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2010-07-31 06:56:15
Link | Citer | R

After Namas arrow i tested light gorget with kaiten tonight with the same method( Sneak attack WS on lvl 1 hare) and logically it worked like breeze gorget so wiki and others site was wrong like for Namas arrow, i fixed it. So light breeze and thunder gorget work for Tachi: Kaiten though i didnt test the last one but it should work with the fragmentation attribute. All "light relic" probably work with light gorget and all "darkness relic" with shadow gorget.