Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Evasion Skill Up
Evasion Skill Up
 Cerberus.Sey
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-10 07:58:06
Link | Citer | R

So at Lv 87 I got a whopping 287 base evasion skill. Before when I had THF to 75 1st, I was able to pull gobs and use Hide before death. Now that I don't have the option what can I do to skill up?
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-10 08:03:36
Link | Citer | R

i stacked regen +35 and still abused hide as THF main

could do same thing with /thf but instead flee to a flux near death to drop hate?
[+]
 Bismarck.Fabiano
Serveur: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-12-10 08:16:44
Link | Citer | R

caped eva in 60 seconds yesterday.

pdt set terra staff . fan drink for 150 notes from the resistence npc lucid potion I+II+II lucid elexier I+II
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-10 08:22:19
Link | Citer | R

holy ***, I'm gonna do that >_>
[+]
 Cerberus.Sey
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-10 08:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Fabiano said:

caped eva in 60 seconds yesterday.

pdt set terra staff . fan drink for 150 notes from the resistence npc lucid potion I+II+II lucid elexier I+II

Hell yeah! I'm subbing whm for RR too and head to mandy camp. I don't care how many deaths it takes as long as I can keep buying the items. Looks like pure win to me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fabiano
Serveur: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-12-10 08:38:35
Link | Citer | R

mandys dont link tho
atowa conflux 00 for fan drink then to #7 for chigoes .

i had 6/6 merit abysites/dorian atma/zenith atma

pushed me to 3950hp and 50% pdt. defender/aggressor/def food/no protect :-( or phalanx.

total def was 589 but you hp still goes down like nothing with 30 chigoes on you .
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-10 09:12:01
Link | Citer | R

I was able to cap mine fairly quickly with just Mounted Champion and ~10 EM mandies in tahrongi. Sub job dancer and the tp feed from mandies is almost enough to keep you alive forever.
[+]
 Valefor.Shystie
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2010-12-10 09:50:04
Link | Citer | R

I am glad I check out this forum. Pure awesomeness right there lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-10 10:23:12
Link | Citer | R

omg i cant wait, fabiano you're my hero
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-12-10 11:07:42
Link | Citer | R

i take that this work for shield too right (parrying also?)?
[+]
By heybrushan 2010-12-11 08:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Tried this trick last night and didn´t get a single skillup :(.

managed to check how tough your chigoes were? mine were only EP+ so guess that´s why. Might need a few BLMs to nuke em down a couple of times so they get tougher o_o''
[+]
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-11 09:20:53
Link | Citer | R

All check as EP to DC. /sigh
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-11 10:17:19
Link | Citer | R

I forgot to check how tough they were, but my evasion were pretty under-leveled (MNK cap at 85), but this got me roughly 6 levels, only using fana drink + powder, didnt bother with any pdt gear or proper atmas for it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-12 23:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Surprised people didn't know about this, lol.

Make sure they check DC+, T is optimal. An alternate method, would be to call on a bored WHM buddy who can Cure V/VI bomb you for 25-60 minutes.

I did mine in a more painful way-- Raptors in A Ule Range. Fun tho, lol.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-13 08:16:18
Link | Citer | R

i used ITs and got 20points skills in about 5 tries, thanks Fabiano
[+]
 Remora.Squallbr
Serveur: Remora
user: Squallbr
By Remora.Squallbr 2010-12-14 13:05:30
Link | Citer | R

For now, what sis a good choose for skill up lv90>, i only have 308 + 8 merit ><
I'll try Mands in tahory canyon. mob s and nm. anyother good possiblity?
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-14 13:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Squallbr said:
For now, what sis a good choose for skill up lv90>, i only have 308 + 8 merit ><

If you have /DNC leveled, try out Orichalcumshells in Mount Zhayolm.

They're level 88-89, so they'll probably leave a 90THF a few levels short of the cap. Jobs without A+ evasion can probably cap on these mobs. This method of skilling evasion is incredibly boring, but it works like a charm. Survival is a non-issue with /DNC and a passable evasion build.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-12-14 13:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Alternately, instead of Orichalcumshells, you can use Duriumshells, in Vunkerl Inlet (S). They're about 93-94 (T-VT @ 90). I've been soloing them on SAM/DNC in PDT set (PDT-28%, eva skill+25, parrying skill+15). /DNC + Soboro and I just stick up Hasso and whack away; no WSs, just Curing Waltz III, Drain Samba II, and Quicksteps as needed to keep up Finishing Moves in case I need Violent Flourish (though I rarely do). Ignore what it says about them being hard to pull without linking; they aren't really. I got 24 evasion levels and 6 GKT levels in about an hour and a half or so, maybe less.
[+]
 Unicorn.Yummee
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Yummee
By Unicorn.Yummee 2010-12-14 14:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Another idea if you don't wish to waste your Abyssea stones. This may be an old school method, but I raised mine in besieged by taking a Giants drink, megalixer, and a fanatics drink. I /whm and cast diaga on the biggest group of mobs I could find. If you are using thf/whm, use your 2 hour right before death and then flee away. I set my home Point in white gate, warped out, came right back in, got new items, rinse and repeat till no more skill ups.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-12-14 14:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Yummee said:

Another idea if you don't wish to waste your Abyssea stones. This may be an old school method, but I raised mine in besieged by taking a Giants drink, megalixer, and a fanatics drink. I /whm and cast diaga on the biggest group of mobs I could find. If you are using thf/whm, use your 2 hour right before death and then flee away. I set my home Point in white gate, warped out, came right back in, got new items, rinse and repeat till no more skill ups.
I think you stop getting skillups in Besieged at 80. :/ If not, then certainly by 85...
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Serveur: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2010-12-16 05:21:02
Link | Citer | R

capped evasion & dagger ( 90thf/dnc) on Duriumshell as well, despite what wiki says they do not seem to link at all, at lvl 90 they check Tough.

despoil: crab shell & HQ crab shell btw.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 05:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:
Remora.Squallbr said:

They're level 88-89, so they'll probably leave a 90THF a few levels short of the cap. Jobs without A+ evasion can probably cap on these mobs. This method of skilling evasion is incredibly boring, but it works like a charm. Survival is a non-issue with /DNC and a passable evasion build.

is it that mobs cap you to a certain skill level or that a mob can cap you for whatever your skill is at its level? i thought it was the latter, i.e. you can't cap anything on less than EM, but i could be wrong.

unless you meant that you could cap other jobs' evasion while on thf, but that wasn't the impression i got.
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-16 07:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Remora.Squallbr said:

is it that mobs cap you to a certain skill level or that a mob can cap you for whatever your skill is at its level? i thought it was the latter, i.e. you can't cap anything on less than EM, but i could be wrong.

unless you meant that you could cap other jobs' evasion while on thf, but that wasn't the impression i got.

Evasion skilling is a common question on THF forums. I didn't even notice than this thread was in the NIN forum until hours later. >.<

Oh, and if you have a leveled THF, you can cap other jobs' evasion on THF. THF is the only job with A+ evasion.

Also, you can cap lower ranked skills on weaker mobs. For example, I capped my 85THF's Marksmanship (C+ skill) on good ol' Steelshells in the Tree. They're DC-T to 75, so I knew that I could skill up to ~276 skill on them (and probably a little higher). It worked perfectly since my Marksmanship skill cap for THF85 was 275.

For anyone wanting to cap evasion outside Abyssea, I'd skip the crabs in Mount Zhayolm. It's a damn long walk. Kyrial's camp recommendation is better (can cap A+ skills at 90) and it only takes a few minutes to reach the camp.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-12-16 07:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Remora.Squallbr said:

You're right in that mobs can only cap you for whatever your skill is at their level (can only get to the level 85 cap on a level 85 mob, regardless of skill rank, and can't get any higher from it), but for some reason, Evasion alone seems to be somewhat exempt to this. Many people have reported capping their evasion on DC mobs, dispite the fact that it shouldn't work.
 Cerberus.Nequito
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2010-12-21 15:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Ovni is a great solo NM i have been doing him all day w/ and w/o TP gears and gives great skill ups. Hope this helps someone. Send Pm if you have any Ninja Questions