users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Usu Gear
Usu Gear
 Sylph.Bladen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Bladen 2010-12-07 14:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Hey y'all had a question. With the requirements and drop rate improved in salvage would it still be worth it to aquire 5/5? I kniw the feet are still pretty good but would it be a waste of time to farm/ spend the money on usu?
 Asura.Echandra
Serveur: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-07 14:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Well considering how everything in Salvage was cut in half, and depending on your abyssea connections, this might not be a bad venture when you're not doing abyssea. It all depends on how much they actually increased the drop rate on the 35 mobs, since 80+ can just mow through salvage.

HALF-PRICE SALVAGE GEARS <do you need it?>
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2010-12-07 14:17:22
Link | Citer | R

Is it still worth getting Usu/Aries/Skadi? since some ppl can't get the gear from Abyssea without a LS?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-07 14:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Only time I still usu full usu is when I actually care about evasion. for pure dmg, I can't remember the last time I used the set. In my TP set, I currently only use the feet but when I get af3+2 head and feet, then I won't be using any of the usu in my TP set

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-07 14:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nekdal said:
Is it still worth getting Usu/Aries/Skadi? since some ppl can't get the gear from Abyssea without a LS?

You mean too lazy to get gear without a LS to do the work for them? You could take that previous question and put "Salvage" in place there too...

do some work...
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-12-07 14:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Echandra said:
Cerberus.Nekdal said:

You mean too lazy to get gear without a LS to do the work for them? You could take that previous question and put "Salvage" in place there too...

do some work...

Not everyone plays on same time as LS event time. You may have to work, or live in different timezone etc.....

Salvage however, if you can enter with 3 ppl it may be easier to find 2 more ppl that plays on same time and just enter together.
 Cerberus.Nekdal
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2010-12-07 14:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Asura.Echandra said:
Cerberus.Nekdal said:
You mean too lazy to get gear without a LS to do the work for them? You could take that previous question and put "Salvage" in place there too... do some work...
Not everyone plays on same time as LS event time. You may have to work, or live in different timezone etc..... Salvage however, if you can enter with 3 ppl it may be easier to find 2 more ppl that plays on same time and just enter together.

Thank you Afania for that and yes i play different timezone then EU im EU-4 and usually not on till late or not on at all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 15:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Asura.Echandra said:
Cerberus.Nekdal said:

do some work...

Not everyone plays on same time as LS event time. You may have to work, or live in different timezone etc.....

Salvage however, if you can enter with 3 ppl it may be easier to find 2 more ppl that plays on same time and just enter together.
You don't need an LS for anything now. Get some friends together, steamroll ***, get gear, ???, profit.
[+]
 Sylph.Bladen
By Sylph.Bladen 2010-12-07 15:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Ok think I may roll with it till I can +2 my af3 I have a abys ls as we are pretty decent group as well. But as a time killer guess it won't hurt to roll some salvage with some buddies. Also have they confirmed that they are or are not making salvage augmented?
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-07 16:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Asura.Echandra said:
Cerberus.Nekdal said:

do some work...

Sounds like I was misunderstood (well Nightfyre gets it). My point was why do you need a linkshell to get af/salvage/anything done? The game dynamics are entirely setup that you can basically get the general AF by xp, quests, independent farming, forming your own groups etc etc etc.

By only needing 3 people now, less points, better drop rates, it seems like you only need to *gasp* just go out and do it. Whether I log on at 3 am or 3pm I still get things done, it just might take some extra work. I just wasn't buying in on the 'I can't get gear without a LS part' that's all. If you decide to go for it, or sit on the sidelines and watch, that's your call. Good luck.
 Sylph.Zefyr
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-12-07 16:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Bladen said:
Also have they confirmed that they are or are not making salvage augmented?

I think at this point it seems pretty damn unlikely... but who knows? I know a lot of people would be happy if their hard-won salvage gear were once again useful.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-12-07 16:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Bladen said:
Also have they confirmed that they are or are not making salvage augmented?

We could untill now not augument any gear, besides Mythics/Relics. And i'm happy about that. Rather beat some NM's than to kill 10,000 bats with a WS to get +1 on all stats on my Usu budy.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-10 04:51:40
Link | Citer | R

I still use my full USU because I'm gimp.
Honestly even with the reduced requirements, I wouldn't bother about full usu. Feet maybe, but certainly not the rest.
Bother about getting at least seals for +1 version, and level 90 should make it easier to lowmen T2 nms in Scars area to get +2 materials as well.

I would bother about that if I were you, rather than Salvo.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 10:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Body's still the best evasion piece around and the hands are best eva/counter piece. I would focus on those before even looking at the Sune-ate, seeing as there's really no place for those once you cap haste with AF3+2 legs and head. Even AF3+1 feet are better.
By Areis 2010-12-10 11:07:51
Link | Citer | R

As far as salvage goes I'll say I'm still doing it. But then I just find it fun when ppl aren't *** up (so much easier when only dealing with 3 ppl)
(not counting AF3+2 because that really is much harder to do with 3 or 4 ppl and for MOST players will probably take LS coordination)

Usukane : It's a solid evasion set, with the reduction in cost to finish if you enjoy salvage go ahead and get what you can

Marduk : still useful for Bard/Summoner I believe in terms of +skill equipment

Morri : very useful for Blue still I think although Rdm/Blm have some better options in terms of AF3+1

Skadi : I don't know that this set ever really shined but I think it still has a WS nitch somewhere

Ares : Twilight gear is fast making this yesterdays news, but depending on it's availability this will still be worthwhile.

So ... yeah. Is Salvage worth doing? Sure as long as your not planning to do AF3+2 for all jobs while hunting down each and every NM to get the best of the best prime gear. I'd equate it's "usefulness" to a Haub v. Haub+1 at 75, you can upgrade, it's a good idea. Depending on what you do with your jobs mileage may vary as to if either or both are a good time investment.
 Bahamut.Angelos
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Angelos01
By Bahamut.Angelos 2010-12-10 11:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Just throwing this out there but there have been repots of ppl getting double drops from NM's. NM's that have NEVER EVER giving any kinda double drops. This could possible be the same for Salvage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 11:10:03
Link | Citer | R

AF3+2 doesn't necessarily replace Salvage gear.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-12-10 11:44:59
Link | Citer | R

From the jobs I have, only Ares body and Usu feet still appeal to me.
 Lakshmi.Giti
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-12-10 12:20:34
Link | Citer | R

I still use full Usu mnk/nin for tank'n. idk what 3rd lunar abyssite to use yet is my problem xD
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 09:04:23
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow, full usu is truly done.

Whether you're soloing or worried about evasion while tanking for some reason, mix/match eva set beats full usu in both dmg and evasion.

vs

Full usu has 1 more str, 1 more stp, 7 more attack, 4 acc

Mix match has 1~2 more evasion (depending on agi), +7 kick attacks, 8~10 more subtle blow (8 if using heed ring cause reaching hard cap).

For solo, full usu is uncrowned, if you're worried about eva and not dmg, don't need the 7 enmity, if you're not worried about eva and are worried about dmg, then should be using a DD build.

Full usu uncrowned in all aspects.

Body and hands useful to keep on hand, legs feet and head banished to mog sack and town gear.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-24 13:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't legs still be used in a WS set?

Edit: ascetics/victory: h.haidate > usu > s.haidate?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 13:50:51
Link | Citer | R

yea legs are still useful IF you don't have Hachiryu Haidate.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-12-24 14:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Usu feet are still a 1337 peice, Ace saboton's are semi better for sam with +1% haste, unless u need that acc and +2STP.

Ares is hot looking IMO

Morrigans is still pretty good (im not a mage but i hear it's good lol)

But yes, 3man high drop rates, super easy bosses, half price, get it for non-main jobs or just for kicks. AF3 peices 90% out shine Salvage now.

There's the few dedicated ppl still thinking SE will allow trials/augment on Salvage gear making it better and not a waste, Goodluck.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 14:03:31
Link | Citer | R

note this is the mnk forum, lol. We can't wear ares or ace's, and usu shoes, provided you have af3+2 on mnk, are no longer useful (for mnk) lol
By Gravionblack 2010-12-24 14:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nekdal said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Asura.Echandra said:
Cerberus.Nekdal said:
You mean too lazy to get gear without a LS to do the work for them? You could take that previous question and put "Salvage" in place there too... do some work...
Not everyone plays on same time as LS event time. You may have to work, or live in different timezone etc..... Salvage however, if you can enter with 3 ppl it may be easier to find 2 more ppl that plays on same time and just enter together.

Thank you Afania for that and yes i play different timezone then EU im EU-4 and usually not on till late or not on at all.

I have to say i know where your coming from here, but tbh unless you have a good ls your still going to have to do it alone or depends on total stranger's. I have been on 3 years and never could get help with CoP because i was not on the night they did the run cause i was working. Just do what you can do and if you cant find someone shout in whitegate that's what i do.