Views On Astral Burning?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 26 27 28
 Hades.Excelior
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 02:58:06
Link | Citer | R

I like the self proclaimed heros of right and wrong on this game who will try to *** up your burns. I think we've had 4 or 5 people get banned this week for doing it lol.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-05 02:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I AM MAKING A RELEVANT POST NOW.

The return of the mustache!! YUSS!!!!
It is actually moving in perfect time to the song I'm listening to on iTunes--David Guetta's mix of Kelly Rowland's "It's the Way You Love Me."

*turns up subwoofer*
 Sylph.Siccmade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-05 03:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
I like the self proclaimed heros of right and wrong on this game who will try to *** up your burns. I think we've had 4 or 5 people get banned this week for doing it lol.
please explain
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-05 03:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Whoever made up the lie that Thorny plays on a 360, and proceeded to call him a 360-noob is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. He plays on a PC and he's better than you'll ever be. Try again.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 03:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Hades.Excelior said:
please explain

If you try to ruin a burn and the players GM you, you will 100% get temp banned for griefing. We're 9/9 on getting people banned for it the past few weeks.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-05 03:07:16
Link | Citer | R

i can't quote you but you didn't explain, *** it up how? because if a mob is yellow it is fair game and GM won't do ***.
so again. please explain.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 03:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Siccmade said:
i can't quote you but you didn't explain, *** it up how? because if a mob is yellow it is fair game and GM won't do ***. so again. please explain.

I appologize. When all the mobs are gathered you can completely stop the burn by casting diaga or any aoe on the mobs to make them yield zero exp. While being yellow makes them claimable it is fairly obvious when its done for no other reason than to ruin someone else's exp. When its concluded you did it for a negative reason you will get taken to GM jail. Usually you can ask the person why they did it and they'll say something like "*** you and your smn burns" etc etc a Gm would see that when he investigates and easily conclude the guy was just being a douche bag.
 Asura.Rielle
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Rielle 2010-05-05 03:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
Usually you can ask the person why they did it and they'll say something like "*** you and your smn burns" etc etc a Gm would see that when he investigates and easily conclude the guy was just being a douche bag.

..or they could always say they're farming and get away completely free.

It's just the morons who get caught being (wow) morons.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 03:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rielle said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Usually you can ask the person why they did it and they'll say something like "*** you and your smn burns" etc etc a Gm would see that when he investigates and easily conclude the guy was just being a douche bag.
..or they could always say they're farming and get away completely free. It's just the morons who get caught being (wow) morons.

It is harder if they claim they are farming, but you can still get banned if enough people call it in. Usually if you're actively pulling mobs off of some1 else its hard to say you aren't in some way disrupting them.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-05 03:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
i can't quote you but you didn't explain, *** it up how? because if a mob is yellow it is fair game and GM won't do ***. so again. please explain.

I appologize. When all the mobs are gathered you can completely stop the burn by casting diaga or any aoe on the mobs to make them yield zero exp. While being yellow makes them claimable it is fairly obvious when its done for no other reason than to ruin someone else's exp. When its concluded you did it for a negative reason you will get taken to GM jail. Usually you can ask the person why they did it and they'll say something like "*** you and your smn burns" etc etc a Gm would see that when he investigates and easily conclude the guy was just being a douche bag.
ah, ok.
my only experience with AB was doing pages in Bubu and a puller pulled every mob in the area. leaving me SoL. so i pulled crawlers off the train. i get a /tell DON'T DO THAT! my response was you have all the mobs so... wtf. dude tells me he wrote down my name and he is gonna ruin my exp from now on. of course he couldn't live up to that. thank you for clarifying, its interesting to know GM's would sideline basic gameplay to ban people, even tho ruining a AB pull is a douche move.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 03:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Well you can get the burners banned if they are *** about it. Amazingly enough all you have to do in this game is be respectful to others, however it seems some people are incapable of that.
[+]
 Asura.Rielle
By Asura.Rielle 2010-05-05 03:27:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really one to say much as I am an avid AF burner, as are my LSmates. From experience, the only problem we really have (that hasn't been resolved with a GM call) is with "farmers" who you know are really only there to bother you.

On our server, there is a lot of farming done in the tunnel (though mostly it came over with the server merge, I guess they didn't do it much there) so we just try to communicate with the farmers in zone in advance so both groups know what's going on. Usually, they're just farming jellies and they're crap xp anyway so it doesn't hurt chain (much) to leave them rather than have them in our hair the whole time.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 03:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rielle said:
I'm not really one to say much as I am an avid AF burner, as are my LSmates. From experience, the only problem we really have (that hasn't been resolved with a GM call) is with "farmers" who you know are really only there to bother you. On our server, there is a lot of farming done in the tunnel (though mostly it came over with the server merge, I guess they didn't do it much there) so we just try to communicate with the farmers in zone in advance so both groups know what's going on. Usually, they're just farming jellies and they're crap xp anyway so it doesn't hurt chain (much) to leave them rather than have them in our hair the whole time.

Yea we usually don't pull jellys or bogys for that reason. You also get faster exp/hour if you don't pull every last mob. I think we get 40k/pull and finish an entire burn+pull in 40-50 minutes.
 Asura.Rielle
By Asura.Rielle 2010-05-05 03:31:32
Link | Citer | R

We do bogies only when no one is camping the NM. Generally, only using 3 smns 2 leech 1 sync we can still kill them all with shiva/ramuh, hit 19 without too much stress, and maintain chain, but I wouldn't necessarily expect a group with less-experienced SMNs to accomplish that.

Kind of have to expect a newer smn to mess up chain or miss a bloodpact all together.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-05-05 03:51:34
Link | Citer | R

I frequently farm jellies down in the tunnel and often see one group of burners after another wipe on the pull/set up phase of the run.

A small part of me enjoys the burners since they usually leave the jellies out of their pulls when/if they see me farming and it creates a big empty zone to farm in.

Another small part of me chuckles every time I see a dead puller/holder.
 Asura.Rielle
By Asura.Rielle 2010-05-05 04:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Another small part of me chuckles every time I see a dead puller/holder.

I'm a burner and I chuckle when I see a dead puller/holder. Keep the nubs out of our camp!
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-05 08:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Phlow
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-05 09:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's still a step too far for me lol.

I can't think of a similar curse in the US, but it's pretty bad in the UK lol.

but lol, I'm glad to see you posting again Kat ^^

*** would be similar in the US. I had an Irish friend that loved the c-word, so he combined the two and ran around saying them. But as mentioned he was Irish, and therefor drunk, so it would come out like "Faking Cant!".

Also, I was surprised that some of the words used over there are considered such bad words. Like "bloody wanker", for instance.
 Bahamut.Habs
Serveur: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-05-05 09:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Phlow
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-05 09:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Hey Habs, how's it been man? How's Bahamut treating you? Doin ok? Never really knew a lot of people on Baha, but I bet it's nice.
 Bahamut.Habs
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-05-05 09:48:16
Link | Citer | R

its been ok lotsa new peeps and ive somehow become a blm main ewwww.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 10:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
blah blah blah I don't know how to read or comprehend simple thoughts blah blah blah *** *** *** blah blah blah I'm a retard, ignore everything I say.

Fixed.

If I Astral Burn, it doesn't affect you.

If it doesn't affect you, you shouldn't care.

See how that works?
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
Serveur: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-05 10:57:46
Link | Citer | R

I prefer alternate areas of burning whenever possible. Too many people use Loka and too many people pass through that could ruin your flow. Pick a spot where no one would find you is my motto.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Serveur: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-05-05 11:25:09
Link | Citer | R

I cant believe this argument is still going on and on but it prob will continue till SE decides if they wanna nerf it or not.
My first job was a 75 Smn and was long before level sync was even thought of. I did it by making my own parties and havning a Whm or Rdm in them so i could actually summon and back up heal if need be. Hell I even pulled with carby to make things interesting.
So people cant use the excuse that you cant do regualar xp parties on summoner. You just have to make your own parties and learn how to do your job,

I have done some AFB parties for merits. With Endgame acitivies taking up alot of some peoples time. Spending 1 hour to get some merits is alot better then Spending several hours fighting over birds all the time.

Also something to consider AFB is a good way to get those sub jobs that you will never take to 99 leveled up for the increased level caps. Aspecially those pain in the *** jobs some people dont like to do. I for one dread having to take Nin from 37-50 taking 1-37 in a party was torture enough. If you can accomplish that in 2 AFB parties more power to you Burning a support job doesnt hurt anyone.

So in closing,
If you are AFB for a support job or merits. Dont really see a problem. If you doing it from 10-75. before you actually go out in the real game as that job spend time skilling up and actually learn the job. So people will stop crying over that your giving a legit way SE put in game to merit a bad rap for people who use it for other things to save time
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 17:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Yeah of course, we are.

My group is winning though, I never seen as much butt hurt as I have seen from the people in this thread for AFB.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 17:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
blah blah blah I don't know how to read or comprehend simple thoughts blah blah blah *** *** *** blah blah blah I'm a retard, ignore everything I say.

Fixed.

If I Astral Burn, it doesn't affect you.

If it doesn't affect you, you shouldn't care.

See how that works?

I do not care, it is gimp and a cheap way.

Oh it effects me, I want to exp in a regular party and can not. I realized this ***is one of the reasons.

so *** off
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 17:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Habs said:
Hades.Excelior said:
i hate to rain on your parade but if theyre white anyone cam claim it.you dont own the mobs because your leveling there,nor can you monopolize a zone just because you can.you assume that the gms you called actually did anything.when all i would have to say is i felt like killing that it was white. all smn burns are doing is lvling crappy players that are unable to play thier jobs at 75 with gimpy skills.i can understand some1 that was 75 already on another char or something lvling fast.but for some noob to level multiple jobs this way is for idiots.it doesnt matter how many 75s you have if you suck at all of em,and everyone will be able to tell how bad you suck...

Well go test that theory of yours and see how fast you get banned. Also, seriously, stop complaning about burns. Typically the people who complain are either too lazy or dirt poor to do one. You complain out of jealousy and ignorance. I understand, many people hate what they envy and do not understand.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 17:42:19
Link | Citer | R

As long as you don't reply to any /tell you get, you won't get banned.

I've had a GM called on me 5 times in the past for ruining a burn, the first time I argued with the burners and got jailed, second time I simply said lol in /tell back to them and got jailed again.

Last 3 times I simply didn't reply, and when a GM messaged me I just said I was farming and didn't realise what was going on (by this time I'd been there for about an hour and a half killing all the mobs indiscriminately whether they were on a fisherman, or just roaming) and the GM simply asked me to move on.

GM's won't stop you if you don't reply and kill everything, not just the claimed mobs.

As long as mobs are white they are fair game (even those gathered on a puller) and if you don't reply to anything said to you, you can actually counter GM call.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 17:43:08
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
Hades.Excelior said:
i hate to rain on your parade but if theyre white anyone cam claim it.you dont own the mobs because your leveling there,nor can you monopolize a zone just because you can.you assume that the gms you called actually did anything.when all i would have to say is i felt like killing that it was white. all smn burns are doing is lvling crappy players that are unable to play thier jobs at 75 with gimpy skills.i can understand some1 that was 75 already on another char or something lvling fast.but for some noob to level multiple jobs this way is for idiots.it doesnt matter how many 75s you have if you suck at all of em,and everyone will be able to tell how bad you suck...

Well go test that theory of yours and see how fast you get banned. Also, seriously, stop complaning about burns. Typically the people who complain are either too lazy or dirt poor to do one. You complain out of jealousy and ignorance. I understand, many people hate what they envy and do not understand.

Also, no. Not everyone who opts to the easy way, are too cheap or lazy, most just like levelling up.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 17:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
As long as you don't reply to any /tell you get, you won't get banned. I've had a GM called on me 5 times in the past for ruining a burn, the first time I argued with the burners and got jailed, second time I simply said lol in /tell back to them and got jailed again. Last 3 times I simply didn't reply, and when a GM messaged me I just said I was farming and didn't realise what was going on (by this time I'd been there for about an hour and a half killing all the mobs indiscriminately (whether they were on a fisherman, or just roaming) and the GM simply asked me to move on. GM's won't stop you if you don't reply and kill everything, not just the claimed mobs.

Why would you ruin somebody's burn? Just butt hurt and have nothing better to do in game?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 26 27 28