Views On Astral Burning?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 26 27 28
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 22:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Zombies spence, Mother F'in Zombies.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-02 22:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
AB is a good way to party to... I'm just recommending this for those people who first job was BST and wanna fully merit Beast Affinity faster then having to ..... all I'm really saying this is just another way to party but for other jobs....
Its a horrible way to party... I've grinded my SMN to 75 that way... (Yes... i admit it) and not only do you get the lack of magic/melee skill, you get a lack of JOB SKILL. JOB SKILL is something a lot of people are lacking these days. The reason we see so many pickup sams and lv 75WAR/29NIN is because of that damned astral flow. If people did it reasonably, it would be good. A fast/easy way to merit for jobs that don't necessarily get merit invites. Not only that, but it takes lv 13 new comers to FFXI that still don't understand their job fully to get to level 24-25. They do not have their sub job and they will not receive any invites (i know i wouldn't invite a level 25 with no sub) and the noob that is still level 13 skill-wise, will not know the game but be ready for Qufim/Kazham (even thought not a lot of ppl party out in kazham now :/ that will lead to players who don't even bother to level their job properly, get the right gears, level their sub etc... why are we getting so much inexperienced DD's, mages that don't know how to Magic burst, even players that don't know how to skillchain? The answer is: the wave of Astral burns that are currently happening on some of the servers (on ragnarok anyways xD)
That's not lack of job skill, it's lack of player skill. FFXI is not hard. You could pick up a lv 75 account of a job you never played before and if you know how to do research and are a good player in general, you'd have the job down in a matter of days.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 22:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
AB is a good way to party to... I'm just recommending this for those people who first job was BST and wanna fully merit Beast Affinity faster then having to ..... all I'm really saying this is just another way to party but for other jobs....
Its a horrible way to party... I've grinded my SMN to 75 that way... (Yes... i admit it) and not only do you get the lack of magic/melee skill, you get a lack of JOB SKILL. JOB SKILL is something a lot of people are lacking these days. The reason we see so many pickup sams and lv 75WAR/29NIN is because of that damned astral flow. If people did it reasonably, it would be good. A fast/easy way to merit for jobs that don't necessarily get merit invites. Not only that, but it takes lv 13 new comers to FFXI that still don't understand their job fully to get to level 24-25. They do not have their sub job and they will not receive any invites (i know i wouldn't invite a level 25 with no sub) and the noob that is still level 13 skill-wise, will not know the game but be ready for Qufim/Kazham (even thought not a lot of ppl party out in kazham now :/ that will lead to players who don't even bother to level their job properly, get the right gears, level their sub etc... why are we getting so much inexperienced DD's, mages that don't know how to Magic burst, even players that don't know how to skillchain? The answer is: the wave of Astral burns that are currently happening on some of the servers (on ragnarok anyways xD)
That's not lack of job skill, it's lack of player skill. FFXI is not hard. You could pick up a lv 75 account of a job you never played before and if you know how to do research and are a good player in general, you'd have the job down in a matter of days.

Yet you TP in full haste gear as sam LAWL
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-02 22:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:

I didn't even astral burn the job :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 22:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:

I didn't even astral burn the job :(

lmao
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-02 22:51:40
Link | Citer | R

:O

205 days between previous and next post!!???

Cerberus.Bee
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Akihiko
By Cerberus.Bee 2010-05-02 22:51:42
Link | Citer | R

I would never go out of my way to find or make an AB party if I were trying to get a Maat's cap or something, because it just seems cheap. Reminds me of telepiping rooms back in the days of PSO. So boring, stale, and unaccomplished.

That said, I wouldn't refuse a party invite into an AB party because I'm not on a moral highhorse myself and it's nice to get big chunks of exp every now and then (it's not like I consider kupo rings cheap), especially if it's for a subjob or merits. But knowing that there are some people out there who go out of their way to AB as much as possible and even level SMN just so they can do it.. makes me wonder where they find enjoyment in this game anymore, or why they don't do something more useful with their time.

And no, people who do it should never be banned, that's just stupid lol
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-02 23:32:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't make a regular habit out of it by any means, they're not bad every once in a while for an easy couple of merits but I honestly couldn't imagine getting a job to 75 without knowing anything about how it works.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-03 00:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:

Wait wut? Sam shouldn't TP in haste now? D:
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-03 00:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Showmo said:
I personally enjoy it but most will look down upon it mostly because they are jealous of not being able to get into one or being able to spam it themself.

SE/GMs say that astral burn is legit because it follows the game mechanics, but rune chopper drks were also considered legit as it followed the games mechanics. However, although it was considered legal SE nerfed it an update later. If SE plans to nerf this, I'm expecting the nerf to come upcoming march updade.

wrong, it gimps n00bs and new players. what about the people who do not have time to play and want a decent exp party? How abnobout I nerf or lv sync a job I do not know ***about.... say scholor and try to freaking do high level important ***with it.. like bahamut vr 2.

what will happen? I do not know ***about schlor... but i AFB it.

You need to play your jobs, this is what 1-75 is for.

well this may not apply to me since I am not an idiot, I am a genius. But still, I like regular exp parties. I want to learn how to play each job I *** level, >.>. Opps I can not since no newbs to play with and lower lv people. Or me being asked when soloing at lv 12 AFB do you need it.

I want to level up and get my CP, I want to level and and get my Imperial standing. Oh wait, I blame this on SE letting this game be played by 360 users. If it was not for the 360 users.. people who think they are better than anyone or long time players who have been playing for 7-8 years...
[+]
 Bahamut.Drevin
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-05-03 00:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
i completely agree with this. its not the fact that your bad at your job, its really the fact that you now have to skill up... astral burns aren't bad themselves. its the people who are really complete idiots, which leveling 1-75 normally aint really gonna help...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-03 00:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Astral burns are cool if you like conquest points!
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-03 00:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Astral burns are cool if you like conquest points!

I have enough as it is, no point. exp parties should remain as is or what is the point?

You need experience, leveling does that. That is all, pretty much.

ASB are for idiots, how will lower level people. new games exp? how will someone exp in a normal party? it is not the same thing as SE bringing TOA into the mix and things changing.

this is pure HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and Se should do something about it. ruin it completely.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-03 00:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Drevin said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
i completely agree with this. its not the fact that your bad at your job, its really the fact that you now have to skill up... astral burns aren't bad themselves. its the people who are really complete idiots, which leveling 1-75 normally aint really gonna help...

this is not completely true. yes you can learn the job by reading ***, but you wont be a great player. in tough situations you will break and leave your pt to die. if you're a mage. if you're a melee then...well lolhitshit. but the only times i really have issues with ppl ABing is when its their mage job and they ruin ***for me cause they fail. I'm sorry but unless your a 75rdm or whm ABing the other is stupid.
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-05-03 22:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
I Disagree with this. Some people STILL haven't their job figured out at level 75. If you decide to burn or buy to level 75, you will most certainly NOT get the hang of the job in a couple days. A level 75 black mage even with best gears but no experience is not better a level 75 BLM that has average gear but has years of experience. A level 75 brd that hasn't seen bastok daylight since level 13 won't be able to pull a meripo for months. I don't understand how a person can get a hang of his job that fast. (Unless he's a sam because imo, SAM is a relatively easy job to play.)
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2010-05-03 22:37:29
Link | Citer | R

I like to do them not going to lie, but they do cause very gimp skills so you are going to waste a ton of time if you actually want to be good at ur job.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-03 22:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
I Disagree with this. Some people STILL haven't their job figured out at level 75. If you decide to burn or buy to level 75, you will most certainly NOT get the hang of the job in a couple days. A level 75 black mage even with best gears but no experience is not better a level 75 BLM that has average gear but has years of experience. A level 75 brd that hasn't seen bastok daylight since level 13 won't be able to pull a meripo for months. I don't understand how a person can get a hang of his job that fast. (Unless he's a sam because imo, SAM is a relatively easy job to play.)
Some of us pick jobs up that quickly. If you sit me down with a 75 job and the appropriate gear - any job - dollars to donuts I would at least rate competent (not good, just competent. I'm not that full of myself =P) on that job within 10 hours of active playtime on the job. FFXI's mechanics really aren't that intricate compared to a lot of other games out there and many principles apply to multiple jobs since they all arise out of a handful of archetypes. A bit of background research and some hands-on time is all you really need if you know what you're doing.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying a newbie could necessarily pull this off, nor the people who clearly have no grasp of even the most basic game mechanics. I'm just stating what I'm capable of and why I would benefit rather than suffer for ABing. I've put in my newbie hours and I'd like to think I know what I'm doing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-03 22:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Ill burn your astral.

This is strictly for the strong or the gimp

If you will spend the next week skilling up then power to you
but
If you will run straight into a merit pt thinking your the ***since you got to lvl 75 in 30min then ill rape your face
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 00:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Concerning the above two posts, I have been playing since Na/beta release. I have played, mage jobs on my cousins account. bard,blm,sch,rdm, blumage etc. I know how all of the jobs work. So someone can get the hang of something in a few weeks or even days.

Would you see me astral burning though? Nope, because I think it creates gimp new players.

I do not care if you want maats cap, you are a gimp who thinks you earned it fast enough. Been playing on 360 for two years? three years? want maats cap getting it this way? Your *** accomplishment sucks.

It means ***, you took the easy way, and are a gimp cookie cutter player. There is not a new gen for this type of ***.

This is not the same as TOA coming out , because that was intended. You are gimp, and will always be gimp. This new gen trash and hardcore attitude has never been stated in this game nor has it ever felt like this. 360 players started this trash, not all 360 players are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to me, just that some people who think they are big and bad and will always suck, real life and in this game.

Yes there are elitist players, but never before have I have seen the same suckage as I have from incompetent 360 players who act like they know more than people who have been playing for 6+ years.

Then when they mess up at an event, or ***hits the fan, can not do ***to recover. " these new gen players, jump into an event not knowing ***, with out taking time to develop the skills needed."

Then wonder why, stuff goes wrong.

So yeah, I do not care who you are. Leveling is crucial to developing the skills needed at 75. For what ever you want to do or are trying to do. That is it, pretty much.

new player being lv synced 75 = automatic n00b. New gen player spamming to get maats cap = gimp new gen n00b.

Old gen player level each job to 66-75, exception probably is summoner.. exp with summoners period. Old gen player= non gimp player truly earned maats cap.

My opinion, and my view. If you do not like it , kiss my ***.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 00:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I think it creates gimp new players.
Could not agree more. It does. New players who don't know the ropes will generate a steeper learning curve for themselves by ABing jobs. If any aspect of AB encourages gimpness, it's this one.
Quote:
So yeah, I do not care who you are. Leveling is crucial to developing the skills needed at 75. For what ever you want to do or are trying to do. That is it, pretty much.
Quoting out of order because it makes more sense to respond this way.

Huh?

You're contradicting yourself. See:
Quote:
Concerning the above two posts, I have been playing since Na/beta release. I have played, mage jobs on my cousins account. bard,blm,sch,rdm, blumage etc. I know how all of the jobs work. So someone can get the hang of something in a few weeks or even days.

So it's possible to acquire these skills in a short timeframe yet the leveling process is crucial? That doesn't add up.

Quote:
I do not care if you want maats cap, you are a gimp who thinks you earned it fast enough. Been playing on 360 for two years? three years? want maats cap, getting it this way. You *** accomplishment sucks. It means ***, you took the easy way, and are a gimp cookie cutter player. This is not a new gen for this type of thing.

Leveling is hard.

Actually, let's step back a bit from that: leveling is relevant.

Maat's Cap signifies one thing and one thing only: you beat Maat on 15 jobs. Nothing else. There is the implication that you put the time in to get all those jobs to 66-70, but even then there's a horde of ways to level without needing anything but the absolute basic skills. Astral Burn is one of these ways, one that receives an undue amount of criticism. It's not the worst in terms of skill development (you do have to get to ~12 after all), it just happens to be the best in terms of EXP/hr.

Back to actually beating Maat. You can't sidestep that through AB; the only way you can dodge that is to have somebody else beat Maat for you. AB doesn't get you Maat's Cap! There is still a (low) skill barrier to be surmounted after you get your levels in. If anything, AB filtered out a few potential Maat's Cap owners on the low end because they'll never put in even those few hours needed to acquire the basic skills needed to reliably win a given Maat fight. Some more skilled players who otherwise wouldn't have gotten a Cap due to the time investment got one too... honestly I'm happy for them, hopefully they'll make good use of it rather than fulltiming it like most owners do and did even before AB became popular.

Finally, it's a *** hat. Not even a good looking one, to be completely honest. If you see it as this grand old accomplishment, cookie for you. I want one because it happens to be a deliciously useful hat for my BLU, not out of some sense of accomplishment obtained from grinding job after job that I really don't care about to 66. Look at me everyone, I can do ***I may or may not enjoy for long periods of time to get a marginal reward!

Probably took the bait hook line and sinker but oh well.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-04 00:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Pathetic... nuff said.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 01:03:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I think it creates gimp new players.
Could not agree more. It does. New players who don't know the ropes will generate a steeper learning curve for themselves by ABing jobs. If any aspect of AB encourages gimpness, it's this one.
Quote:
Quoting out of order because it makes more sense to respond this way.

Huh?

You're contradicting yourself. See:
Quote:

So it's possible to acquire these skills in a short timeframe yet the leveling process is crucial? That doesn't add up.

Quote:
I do not care if you want maats cap, you are a gimp who thinks you earned it fast enough. Been playing on 360 for two years? three years? want maats cap, getting it this way. You *** accomplishment sucks. It means ***, you took the easy way, and are a gimp cookie cutter player. This is not a new gen for this type of thing.

Leveling is hard.

Actually, let's step back a bit from that: leveling is relevant.

Maat's Cap signifies one thing and one thing only: you beat Maat on 15 jobs. Nothing else. There is the implication that you put the time in to get all those jobs to 66-70, but even then there's a horde of ways to level without needing anything but the absolute basic skills. Astral Burn is one of these ways, one that receives an undue amount of criticism. It's not the worst in terms of skill development, it just happens to be the best in terms of EXP/hr.

Back to actually beating Maat. You can't sidestep that through AB; the only way you can dodge that is to have somebody else beat Maat for you. AB doesn't get you Maat's Cap! There is still a (low) skill barrier to be surmounted after you get your levels in. If anything, AB filtered out a few potential Maat's Cap owners on the low end because they'll never put in even those few hours needed to acquire the basic skills needed to reliably win a given Maat fight. Some more skilled players who otherwise wouldn't have gotten a Cap due to the time investment got one too... honestly I'm happy for them, hopefully they'll make good use of it rather than fulltiming it like most owners do and did even before AB became popular.

Finally, it's a *** hat. Not even a good looking one, to be completely honest. If you see it as this grand old accomplishment, cookie for you. I want one because it happens to be a deliciously useful hat for my BLU, not out of some laughable sense of accomplishment obtained from grinding job after job that I really don't care about to 66.

Probably took the bait hook line and sinker but oh well.

My point was I have played the jobs I have played on my cousins account. Therefore since i have played them, I know a lot about them. I do not have those jobs at 75, I am thinking on leveling some of them. So since I have experience in them, should I AFB them to 75? Force my self to cap my skills on fish in {sea}? Therefore encourage more gimp players.

Nope maats cap, is an accomplishment? No maats cap to me is not one, it is hard to level up?

Dude I have been playing for a long time, and NEVER EVER EVER was it hard to get maats cap, even back in the day. If you had no life you could get it in 3-4 months. If i had no life or cared enough about it back then... I would have already had it.

SO yeah, again you can cut my post down. It does not change the fact, that I am a old gen player. It does not change the fact that the 360 ruined this game also. Speaking to me is a moot point.

Maats cap is about 15/15 jobs and to me it matters how you get it, gimp players period. You tearing that post apart will not change my mind.

AFB is gimp period, and if you ever felt leveling was hard. You have issues.

Oh btw how could I be contradicting my self. I did not want to quote the post that stated, it was impossible to learn, and get the hang of a job in a few days. It is possible if you already knew how to play the job. The way your typical brain thinks, it looks like I contradicted my self. But where did I say I wanted to astral flow burn, since I know how to play most jobs?

that comment had nothing to do with level syncing.

[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 01:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This whole post, is about me, trying to explain why I a shitty "360 player" wants to AFB sync

Nuff said.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 01:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Now you're in full troll mode =\

And no, leveling was never really hard. Just *** annoying at times.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 01:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Or as you would put it
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame