First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-06 17:29:00
Link | Citer | R

Kikorimo said: »
I remember seeing a comment about Maat's Cap having a hidden critical hit rate +7%, with a link to some parse a while back... I never did follow the link to see if it was legit or not though. anyone know if that was legit or willing to parse themselves to check? If it is legit I may use Maat's Cap for smite set until I can get a good NNI static and Thaumas. Not sure...

If that were true which it isnt why would you replace it with thaumas if maats had 7% crit?
By Kikorimo 2012-10-06 17:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Because every mnk I see that has NNI gear is using Thaumas hat and head, I figured partially for the set bonus, although I don't know offhand how much STR and DEX you get from that. I don't have a parser myself which is why I was asking if anyone could validate the claims the other parse was making at that time. For now, my other options are either Tantra head +2, Athos hat, or Maat's cap. I assumed for now Maat's Cap, crit hit or no crit hit hidden, was still better for me than Athos hat alone, as Athos alone only gives me 1 more str, and 7 less dex.(I don't have any other Athos gear to combine with hat for set bonus yet either...) So basically, this is what I have to work with at the moment:

Light earring is augmented with crit hit rate +1 until I finish WoTG for moonshade, I also have Tantra tathlum, Thew bomblet, and Black belt as other options to swap in, and AF2+2 hands for if need more acc/attk. Still need to get Epony ring, and 0 luck getting Toci's thus far. Due to dex being a factor for critical hit damage/rate (at least generally speaking) ( I know I need to upgrade pants still also... just using these at moment for the 10 acc and attk...)

(I also wouldn't be asking questions if I was confident I made the right gear choices 100% of the time lol...)
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-10-07 13:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Augmented Byakko legs would probably be better for your leg slot until you get Thaumas Kecks or the new subligar from Meeble Burrows.
By Kikorimo 2012-10-07 21:03:22
Link | Citer | R

What subligar from burrows? (Probably easier to get that than it is to get a decent augment on Byakko's...)
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-07 21:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Abatteur Subligar
DEF:50 STR+10 DEX+10 Accuracy+7
Attack+14 "Subtle Blow"+5
Haste+5%
MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC
By Kikorimo 2012-10-07 21:08:09
Link | Citer | R

edit: scratch that, found some info on BG... it's just not in the meeble burrows page.

Umagrhk
Ghoyu's Reverie
Spawned during Meeble Burrows Researcher Emeritus Expedition.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-11 14:10:13
Link | Citer | R

I don't have Thaumas or Athos head piece, what would be another good piece for WS?
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-11 14:12:53
Link | Citer | R

look back one page
By Keymon 2012-10-18 21:18:25
Link | Citer | R

What would be the most optimal WS set for every monk in the game?

-Impetus Down

-Impetus Up

-Acc issue set
 Odin.Kevito
Serveur: Odin
user: Kevito
By Odin.Kevito 2012-10-22 09:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Keymon said: »
What would be the most optimal WS set for every monk in the game?

-Impetus Down

-Impetus Up

-Acc issue set

I'd like to know this too!
By Yushis 2012-10-24 19:20:31
Link | Citer | R

I read a few pages on this thread but I couldn't really find a definitive answer on this; what is the best belt for VS hands down? If there's two answers based on Impetus that's fine, but so far I'm seeing a real medley of selections with no real favorite in the slot. Everything else seems pretty cut and dry, just curious what to use for the waist slot ideally.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-24 19:21:36
Link | Citer | R

There isn't one.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-25 01:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Wanion is solid, and becomes amazing if it actually puts you in the dDex sweet spot.

Anguinus is clutch for Legion, Proto Omega, and other accuracy intense fights.

Those are the two I roll with. If inventory wasn't a concern I'm sure I'd pick up a Prosilio or something, but enh. I'm satisfied with these two.
 Odin.Cindro
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-10-25 03:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Augments on Moonshade are 5% damage bonus w/ TP, and Attack+.

Replace Tantra Cyclas +2 with Toci's Harness for Impetus down.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 21:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Impetus/Berserk down

Impetus/Berserk up

These are what I use. I'll probably get Myrmex Mittens to use for accuracy challenged situations. Not sure if I should use Thaumas Nails or not for the down set. Other than that I'm happy with this. My best upgrade would be getting Vere to 95.

*edit* fixed a mistake
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-10-28 21:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk said: »
The tp bonus is nice, but generally if you are capping attack you are in VW and should be using a vulcans pearl or light earring. But in the end we are talking about a 1% increase at best.
I didnt clarify that i use these earrings when my tp is at 300 from wings.

Their by making moonshade earring un-profitable.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-11-07 21:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Looking to upgrade, don't really wanna blast gil on both.

But between Mustela Gloves and Kacura Leggings +1 which would be overall better upgrade?

Both look to be nice pieces, just not sure which to snag first.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-07 22:13:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure mustela will be a slightly better upgrade in every event but abyssea.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-07 22:33:32
Link | Citer | R

If you aren't using the neck and cape for other jobs, you could sell them and use the gil to buy both the gloves and legs (substituting atheling/rancor collar for a sidegrade). Guessing that's not an option though.

That's almost identical to what my set was just a couple months ago. I think I bought Kacura first because it helped out other jobs, but Mustela helps your monk for both WS and for TP hands when your attack is capped.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-11-07 23:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Haha funny thing... I just got rancorous and nefar for it pretty happy with the combo outside abyssea.

But yeah, I'm usin rancorous/nefar for other jobs as well so was easier to dump gil into.

In the end though I'll be getting both pieces.... just a matter of when I get the gil for the 2nd piece.

Think I will get mustela first... just because kacura would be -8acc and could be an issue. Mustela is pretty much +8 since replacing heafoc.

Appreciate the input guys, and hadn't really considered mustela for TP when attack capped... but is pretty nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-11-17 15:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Elgorian said: »

Looking to upgrade, don't really wanna blast gil on both.

But between Mustela Gloves and Kacura Leggings +1 which would be overall better upgrade?

Both look to be nice pieces, just not sure which to snag first.
Mustela gloves.

Edit: Only use rancor mantle + nef collar when impetus is down. Kakura leggings +1 would also be part of your Impetus down set up.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
user: Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-12-11 13:18:11
Link | Citer | R

I prefer Byakko's over thaumas and Aias bonnet over thaumas with impetus up. With impetus down though I use thaumas head and bomblet.

Haidate Augments: STP+3% Critical hit damage +4%
Moonshade: No brainer att/tp bonus
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-11 13:25:32
Link | Citer | R

You guys talk like Impetus caps your crit rate >_<
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-12-11 13:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Peldin said: »
You guys talk like Impetus caps your crit rate >_<

It's all about the dDex. And I've parsed every which way I can to see. And with this set the only thing that beats me on most anything is 99Ragnaroks with top notch gear and back and forth with 99 Masamunes with top notch gear. My Vere's only 90 so a few hundred more plates and that Masamune won't be on this list anymore.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-11 14:04:45
Link | Citer | R

You really can't say because you usually win parses that's the best set though.
You might just play more agressively\better than the other people, and using other pieces might improve your lead even more.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-12-11 14:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
You really can't say because you usually win parses that's the best set though.
You might just play more agressively\better than the other people, and using other pieces might improve your lead even more.

Well when I've parsed them on the same NMs with the same abyssites multiple times, and I mean large multiples, I can tell which one's the clear winner everytime. And as for the fine DDs on Shiva, we all play aggressively @ an NM when we know there's a parse involved ^^ except for one guy that would rather eat chicken than hit the ws button. I get what you're saying though, but as far as my numbers I can vouche for the set I do better with. Outside of Legion, I can't really say much as far as first hand knowledge there because I only go PLD when I've gone.
 Lakshmi.Ryukin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryu182
By Lakshmi.Ryukin 2012-12-12 22:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Good news (I guess) is Usukane Hiazyoroi +1(legs) only falls behind thaumas by 1.4 dps with Imp up and 1.2 dps imp down. So the fellas that didn't nni shouldn't be to sad
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-18 03:23:16
Link | Citer | R

What race are you Brunwolf?
Or better yet, what is your dex at with that set?

I have 138 dex in my berserk/impetus up set. 151 dex in my down set (as mithra). Maybe I should be swapping to Aias and Byakko's as well.

(can scroll up this page to see my sets).
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-19 02:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Usukane Haramaki +1 is a clear winner over Toci's is it not?

Also I'm thinking Usukane Hizayoroi +1 is going to be situationally better than Thaumas Kecks for those that don't have Abatteur Subligar (although it may depends if your using thaumas hat or not)

Nothing good out of the Omodaka set. The Omodaka Sune-Ate look ok but Kacura Leggings +1 are pretty cheap.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35