Saber Dance
First Page 2
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-05 03:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. This is my opinion, I would like to hear yours.

My thinking is based on having a 2-3 attack parazonium+1, or having haste/march/haste samba aka DNC in overdrive mode. With either of these conditions I find myself attacking at about the same rate as I would with Saber Dance, and I still have the option to waltz. If I do not merit saber dance this opens up the ability to merit fan dance recast, which allows me better capability in soloing hard hitting nms and cure bombing and "tanking" in Abyssea parties. As mages continue to grow more and more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in Abyssea each day I find myself using the last combination mentioned quite often, dropping a divine waltz 2 in order to pull a mob away from a dying comrade and then popping fan dance to keep myself from being murdered. I actually realized after about 2 months of Abyssea being out and completing my parazonium that I had not used Saber Dance in nearly a month, so I did away with it.

Saber dance is useful when soloing and dual wielding evasion daggers as you can use drain samba to heal yourself instead, I was told this earlier this evening. I ask though if you are fighting something which requires you to be using 2 evasion daggers, why are you not using Fan Dance in the event that your amazing daggers fail you? If you are fighting something that would not likely hit you hard enough to warrant using fan dance then I ask why are you using evasion daggers and not something better suited for damaging the enemy? In this case I also find saber dance to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I'd like to hear from people who find Saber Dance to be useful, and I don't mean for the people who are talking about how "Saber Dance adds DA to my WS LOLOLOL" becuase friend, you are a dancer, no one really gives a poop about your WS damage. Also please pass on hitting submit should your advice be "lololol I can killz more EP for magian trials." because like I mentioned before OAthrice is nearly on par with SD so I don't wanna hear that noise.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:19:45
Link | Citer | R

I actually just changed my merits from 0/5 Saber Dance to 5/5 Saber Dance. It's really dependent on what you're using Dancer for. If you're a healer or a soloist, it's pretty much complete garbage. If you're using a OaT or 2-3 Parazonium, it's usefulness is degraded.

In fact, its only real use is to make DNC a make-shift DD job when all other healing roles are filled, which is unfortunately what my DNC use has come down to as of late. With all of the refresh atma, and WHMs in abundance (and me really not wanting to level Ninja or MNK), I've started Magian Trials for STR Kila+1, and eventually going for the WS Damage Dagger to further my DPS. No DNC will never out-parse a top-tier DD (MNK NIN WAR), but it can come close-ish (or at the very least surpass the lower-ranking DDs) and have added utility. I.E. I'm a lazy *** who doesn't want to level and gear another job since my job's usefulness has sharply declined.

Dancer's losing ground in the areas it used to be good in, I.E. being the game's best healer. :/

Also I forgot to add:

Quote:
With either of these conditions I find myself attacking at about the same rate as I would with Saber Dance, and I still have the option to waltz.

When you're attacking fast enough you're not seeing all of the animations. With Saber Dance you're still doing more damage, though you may appear to be attacking at the same rate.

However from what I'm getting from your experiences and what you use DNC for, Saber Dance is completely useless to you.

More Edits:

Quote:
Saber dance is useful when soloing and dual wielding evasion daggers as you can use drain samba to heal yourself instead, I was told this earlier this evening. I ask though if you are fighting something which requires you to be using 2 evasion daggers, why are you not using Fan Dance in the event that your amazing daggers fail you? If you are fighting something that would not likely hit you hard enough to warrant using fan dance then I ask why are you using evasion daggers and not something better suited for damaging the enemy? In this case I also find saber dance to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Yup.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 04:25:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about that Niniann >_> I think dagger DDs have it really really good right now. Not like capping fSTR or dDEX (since Evisceration is king now) is hard with VV/RR and cruor buffs, multihit crit weaponskills are where it's at everyone knows. The nature of how crits affect pdif compensates for the STR:ATT ratio of one-handers. I bet a good DNC would do awesome in a parse. If anyone could do it, it's you.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
I don't know about that Niniann >_> I think dagger DDs have it really really good right now. Not like capping fSTR or dDEX (since Evisceration is king now) is hard with VV/RR and cruor buffs, multihit crit weaponskills are where it's at everyone knows. The nature of how crits affect pdif compensates for the STR:ATT ratio of one-handers. I bet a good DNC would do awesome in a parse. If anyone could do it, it's you.

I can safely say I can outparse 99% of my Server (and probably 99% of the FFXI population while I'm at it), but that doesn't mean DNC is a top-tier DD. I should probably mention I roll with people who have Empyreans, or at the very least the Empyrean WSes. My opinions are very Metagame biased.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 04:28:29
Link | Citer | R

well nini pretty much spoke for almost everything i had to say.

just a note: a dnc with str/dex kila with saber dance has better DPS than mnk or nin does equally geared. paraz is ideal for healing a party mostly, not DPS which a few dnc focus on. and while no one may give a poop about dnc doing ws in a steriotypical fashion, a saber danced evisceration puts out the highest dmg pre-empyrean iirc.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

just a note: a dnc with str/dex kila with saber dance has better DPS than mnk or nin does equally geared. paraz is ideal for healing a party mostly, not DPS which a few dnc focus on. and while no one may give a poop about dnc doing ws in a steriotypical fashion, a saber danced evisceration puts out the highest dmg pre-empyrean iirc.

This is true for the most part, DNC falls behind because it's Empyrean WS is garbage compared to MNK and NIN, and DNC lacks the added damage of counters, etc. There's also other reasons too but I'm tired and can't think straight. D:
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-05 04:32:04
Link | Citer | R

pre-empyrean? i thought rudra's storm was ***unstacked.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:

I think she's talking about compared to say Victory Smite. Rudra's is ***lol.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 04:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

This is true for the most part, DNC falls behind because it's Empyrean WS is garbage compared to MNK and NIN, and DNC lacks the added damage of counters, etc. There's also other reasons too but I'm tired and can't think straight. D:
btw i am quite jealous of you, i wish i was able to 5/5 saber and get away with it. everytime i pop saber everyone in my party is like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP DAT
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 04:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

I think she's talking about compared to say Victory Smite. Rudra's is ***lol.
pretty much
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
btw i am quite jealous of you, i wish i was able to 5/5 saber and get away with it. everytime i pop saber everyone in my party is like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP DAT

Awwww ; -;

It depends on what I'm doing, but I can get away with it enough since a good WHM is totally overpowered. I'm still healbitch in old content, though.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 04:39:03
Link | Citer | R

yeah i enjoy a good ride on saber dance, puts out some great DPS even without a brd in your party.

btw im curious is your para the dbl atk one? and what are your augments on mirke? i use dw/evasion for mine for when im solo
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-05 04:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:

No DNC will never out-parse a top-tier DD (MNK NIN WAR)

here do you mention nin because of blade: hi or do you still consider it top-tier with jin? you mentioned innin in another thread, but only getting the extra crits from behind a mob is pretty limiting.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
yeah i enjoy a good ride on saber dance, puts out some great DPS even without a brd in your party.

btw im curious is your para the dbl atk one? and what are your augments on mirke? i use dw/evasion for mine for when im solo

Yeah, with Saber Dance it's almost like you're receiving buffs! XD

My Parazonium is the OaT-High damage one. I finished Athame back during 75 cap(so it was obviously the best at the time), so I'm pretty much stuck with this one until the end. Hopefully it'll be one of the best daggers at 99, and hopefully DNC will become a useful healer. /wish

My Mirke is Dual Wield/STP, made it before they figured out the Delay Reduction Cap. I still use it for when I'm not getting proper buffs, but honestly considering switching my ACP body back to a SMN piece. :s

Oh yeah I also .dat swapped it to be Timarli body, and it gives me a cute black fluffy tail so it's my default Blinkmenot Alwaysself body. D:
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-12-05 04:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
well nini pretty much spoke for almost everything i had to say. just a note: a dnc with str/dex kila with saber dance has better DPS than mnk or nin does equally geared. paraz is ideal for healing a party mostly, not DPS which a few dnc focus on. and while no one may give a poop about dnc doing ws in a steriotypical fashion, a saber danced evisceration puts out the highest dmg pre-empyrean iirc.
I have to ask, because I am curious, what kind of damage does a saber danced evisceration put out?
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-05 04:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Wish I had some of the healers you guys have so I could mess around with SD. I remember when I still had it I would wait and wait for a chance to use it and almost as soon as I popped it everyone would seem to get HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and I would have to turn it off.

Unfortunately I get stuck with WHM's like Mr. Nohaste from one of the other threads I made who was madly in love with cure 3. Either that or I get an invite and the WHMs all say "Oh a DNC! I'm gunna go change to my lolretardedDD job!"

But here again I am only interested in messing around with it, ultimately once I am done going oooh that was a cool SC, I will turn it back into FD. While doing the damage would be neato and all, if I were in a party and someone said "the dancer isn't pulling their weight as DD" I would simply offer to switch to DRG or SAM(once I finish leveling it) and/or tell them to STFU.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 04:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
well nini pretty much spoke for almost everything i had to say. just a note: a dnc with str/dex kila with saber dance has better DPS than mnk or nin does equally geared. paraz is ideal for healing a party mostly, not DPS which a few dnc focus on. and while no one may give a poop about dnc doing ws in a steriotypical fashion, a saber danced evisceration puts out the highest dmg pre-empyrean iirc.
I have to ask, because I am curious, what kind of damage does a saber danced evisceration put out?

Seeing as you have THF up there it wouldn't have been much different in the way you expect. There's an 8-hit cap, Evisceration hits that with a TA proc since it is 6-hit before the proc counting DW.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

No DNC will never out-parse a top-tier DD (MNK NIN WAR)

here do you mention nin because of blade: hi or do you still consider it top-tier with jin? you mentioned innin in another thread, but only getting the extra crits from behind a mob is pretty limiting.

It's top-tier because of Blade: hi, it's still a good DD with jin though.

Forgot that Innin was behind-the-mob-only, but it's not really a huge deal at any-rate. If you're curious about how DDs fare in a meta-game setting there's a huge discussion here.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 04:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Wish I had some of the healers you guys have so I could mess around with SD. I remember when I still had it I would wait and wait for a chance to use it and almost as soon as I popped it everyone would seem to get HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and I would have to turn it off.

Unfortunately I get stuck with WHM's like Mr. Nohaste from one of the other threads I made who was madly in love with cure 3. Either that or I get an invite and the WHMs all say "Oh a DNC! I'm gunna go change to my lolretardedDD job!"

But here again I am only interested in messing around with it, ultimately once I am done going oooh that was a cool SC, I will turn it back into FD. While doing the damage would be neato and all, if I were in a party and someone said "the dancer isn't pulling their weight as DD" I would simply offer to switch to DRG or SAM(once I finish leveling it) and/or tell them to STFU.

Ooo fun. @_@;

Yeah, I've been blessed with playing with amazing players pretty much throughout my FFXI career. :<
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 04:56:26
Link | Citer | R

totally unrelated yet related in a way, war's fencer trait, the stp trait doesnt work with ws like evis? it's a 1hd ws with an off hand strike which makes me wonder, i havent messed with it sooooo yeah.

Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
you can sit pretty happy around 3.6k on the standard selection of mobs. peaking at roughly 4k if you build it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-12-05 05:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Seeing as you have THF up there it wouldn't have been much different in the way you expect. There's an 8-hit cap, Evisceration hits that with a TA proc since it is 6-hit before the proc counting DW.
I actually haven't touched my THF in months. I have on the other hand been using all sorts of weapons on WAR, having all 9 of my B- and higher weapons over 250 skill (all WSNMs had pre-abyssea save Black Halo). I'm just rather curious about this Saber Dance, because I've not had the privilege of playing with any Dancers at all, really. I do sometimes screw around with Evisceration on Warrior. It's actually quite potent, even before Razed Ruins I could get it to hit 1100+ in Abyssea consistently, peaking around 1600. With Razed Ruins, I've gotten it to 3k, there abouts, so is that what I should imagine with the Saber Dance?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-12-05 05:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
totally unrelated yet related in a way, war's fencer trait, the stp trait doesnt work with ws like evis? it's a 1hd ws with an off hand strike which makes me wonder, i havent messed with it sooooo yeah.
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
you can sit pretty happy around 3.6k on the standard selection of mobs. peaking at roughly 4k if you build it.
Ooh, question answered. Sounds rather nice
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 05:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Erm, I don't recall what the damage is on that new dagger with the 1% haste from the coast NM, but THF friend did over 4k with that in his mainhand (he was having fun with oathrice offhand), so it can go even higher I imagine. I didn't ask him if it was a TA proc or not though.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 05:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Erm, I don't recall what the damage is on that new dagger with the 1% haste from the coast NM, but THF friend did over 4k with that in his mainhand (he was having fun with oathrice offhand), so it can go even higher I imagine. I didn't ask him if it was a TA proc or not though.
was it a bird?

also interesting thought came to mind just now, max dmg of evis with souleater
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 05:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Ugh, I don't remember sorry >< Forget what I said. Might have been extra damage like a bird.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-05 05:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

I think the appropriate question is: WOULD YOU LIVE THROUGH IT TO SEE THE DAMAGE IN YOUR CHATLOG. :<
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 05:13:43
Link | Citer | R

no worries was only mentioning that because rapidus has a poor dmg rating
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-05 05:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

I think the appropriate question is: WOULD YOU LIVE THROUGH IT TO SEE THE DAMAGE IN YOUR CHATLOG. :<
hahaha xD
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 05:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that was why I thought it was noteworthy that someone could break 4k with it xD Just wish I remembered all the variables. Point is though that yeah I think dagger DDs are more viable than ever.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-12-05 05:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
hahaha xD
Lol, Souleater would add you about 800 damage in Abyssea if you have max HP abyssites. Sounds like Dancer can get pretty staunch when they want to.
First Page 2