Forum » FFXI » General » Merc Deal help XD
Merc Deal help XD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-17 18:13:35
Link | Citer | R

I have full byakko popset and have what I think (and have been told) is a fair deal.

If Haidate drops, I lot, Merc LS lots all money items.

If Shura legs drop, a friend of mine gets those.

If no haidate drops, money drops will be sold and split 50/50 between me and the LS that kills.

Does this sound like a fair deal for both parties (Me + Merc LS)?

Looking for some views and opinions before I make a post and start looking for a LS to kill.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-17 18:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Well, it doesn't look like too bad a deal to me. What you should really consider is what you actually want out of your pop set.

Think of this from a leader's perspective. They most likely have a lot of people waiting for Haidates in their shell and when popping yours they would essentially be taking the chance of a drop away from their members but still expect the work to kill it. You should offer them to keep all money drops. You're after the Haidate, right? There are easier ways to get Venomous Claws than getting a linkshell to kill your Byakko popset (just using the Claw as a hypothetical example.)

Also think of it from this point of view. If no money items drop but Haidate do, they're basically killing Byakko and getting your Haidate for nothing. There might be some linkshells out there stupid enough to do this, but I doubt very much the majority of leaders will agree to it. I'm not calling you stupid or saying your idea is stupid, but it'd be stupid on the leader's part to do that without any payment for his or her members time, and the potential for one of their members missing out on a drop.

Expecting to keep money drops isn't expecting too much really. The only payment they'll get is the potential money drops (which could be none, remember) and any other items you and your friend don't want.

Good luck either way though. I'm sure there are some very respectable leaders on Sylph you can bargain with.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-17 18:32:26
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, the only item I'm actually interested in is Haidate, so letting the other shell have all money drops whether haidate drops or not wouldn't be too big a problem for me.

A slightly more appealing deal would be something like this:

Merc LS get's 100% money drops.
I get Haidate.
Friend gets Shura legs.

?

Like I said, money drops don't bother me too much, so letting another LS have them just for killing is more than fine by me~ ^^
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-17 18:35:16
Link | Citer | R

I agree with that one Hitetsu. If your after one thing, dont make a deal or bargain. Just get what you want and be done with it.

EDIT: for good measure you could even throw in another help run or two after you got your items.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-17 18:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Tavlov said:
for good measure you could even throw in another help run or two after you got your items.

I'd offer to hang back for the rest of their NM runs that day, I'd feel too guilty about getting and running XD even if I'm not part of their LS.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-02-17 18:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Can't say I see i happening for the same reason Wooood stated, There are people waiting for those same drops. But I do have one question... did you an your friend go in together on the pop item? if so bad Idea because it will lessen your chance of getting this trigger popped. If not he might want to buy his own trigger an make his own bargain, idk just a thought.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-17 18:55:55
Link | Citer | R

I bought the pop items myself, only reason I'm offering the Shura Abj to him is because he's helped me out with a lot of stuff in the past, and mentioned that he was looking to buy it off a LS or something.

He has offered to pay me for the Abj, equating to just over 50% of the total cost of the popset though. If needed, I could dual box both accounts so getting the trigger popped wouldn't be too big a problem.