December Update - DNC
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-10 00:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tristean said:
Atma of the Omnipotent? What's the stats on that one again.

Oh yuna, I know you posted this in another thread but go check out Spry Vest Augments. I got a STP +4, Spell interruption rate down 1%, and Chr+2 augment on it. There still to be better augments on it though. So maybe your STP argument could still be valid ^^.

possibly sometime in the future i guess. i still like the idea of doing it some day, but doesnt seem like it will happen this update.

omni is DEX+: Superior Haste+: Superior Enmity+: Minor

also another note, you can keep twilight/bullwhip and drop haste gloves and wear the entire charis set with this atma.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 08:21:03
Link | Citer | R

The thing is, additional dual wield decreases our TP/hit. If the body's main effect in our build is TP- and Doubles damage+1%, then even something like Mirkegon would probably beat it for TP damage. Aurore would certainly beat it (doubles damage vs. double attack, you get TP from Double Attack).

Also, BRD/WHM is a better duo partner than SCH/WHM for all the DNC-related content I can think of:
SCH/WHM - Haste, AoE Aquaveil and Stoneskin, Dia II, Cure IV, Accession Sleep 2, Dispel, can DD through nuking, and 2 columns of Grellow triggers
BRD/WHM - Marches, Minuets, Mambos, whatever, Dia II, Elegy, Cure IV, Haste, Horde Lullaby, Finale, and 1 column of grellow triggers.

For mowing down T-VT mobs, BRD/WHM is unbeatable. For killing any NMs I would consider going DNC to, Elegy + Mambo >> AoE Stoneskin and Aquaveil.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-10 11:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
The thing is, additional dual wield decreases our TP/hit. If the body's main effect in our build is TP- and Doubles damage+1%, then even something like Mirkegon would probably beat it for TP damage. Aurore would certainly beat it (doubles damage vs. double attack, you get TP from Double Attack).

Also, BRD/WHM is a better duo partner than SCH/WHM for all the DNC-related content I can think of:
SCH/WHM - Haste, AoE Aquaveil and Stoneskin, Dia II, Cure IV, Accession Sleep 2, Dispel, can DD through nuking, and 2 columns of Grellow triggers
BRD/WHM - Marches, Minuets, Mambos, whatever, Dia II, Elegy, Cure IV, Haste, Horde Lullaby, Finale, and 1 column of grellow triggers.

For mowing down T-VT mobs, BRD/WHM is unbeatable. For killing any NMs I would consider going DNC to, Elegy + Mambo >> AoE Stoneskin and Aquaveil.

I do most of my tough duoing with a RDM/NIN.
Pro/Shell,Slow, Blind, Paralyze, Dispel, three columns of triggers, he nukes the living daylights out of crap so they die faster and he can hold stuff while raising me and letting me unweaken if for whatever reason I do end up dying unexpectedly.

It also means I can play aggressively. I prefer to eviscerate things in the face quickly than to slowly crit it to death, so it's nice not to having to cure myself half the time.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-10 12:21:08
Link | Citer | R

How does one aquire the Atma of the Omnipotent? It is not even listed on wiki.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 12:31:30
Link | Citer | R

I go DNC to things that I want to trigger Blue (or to a lesser extent Red) on, or when I want to farm Amber. I use RDM/NIN for Chainspell and when I want to trigger Grellow.

The strategies I use on RDM/NIN generally either totally surpasses my DNC's damage (Chainspell Blizzard 4 with Beyond/Minikin and temp items) or aren't compatible with melee solo (if I want to trigger grellow, I don't want the monster dying first).

RDM/NIN + DNC/NIN would be a good duo for something with hate reset that you want to proc Red on for the RDM. In general, I find my strategies don't change much between DNC/NIN solo and DNC+healer fighting NMs. The main difference is that I let the healer heal me and play a little more dangerously (WS without shadows if I have TP for it). The main killspeed difference healers bring is through their nukes, Haste, Dia II, and sometimes Dispel.

There are two things I've done since I started soloing stuff on DNC that dramatically improved my efficiency:
1) Made a hybrid DD-Eva build.
2) Started timing my WSs and JAs between monster swings, so that they don't get swings at me when I'm wearing my WS gear or whatever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-10 12:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I go DNC to things that I want to trigger Blue (or to a lesser extent Red) on, or when I want to farm Amber. I use RDM/NIN for Chainspell and when I want to trigger Grellow.

The strategies I use on RDM/NIN generally either totally surpasses my DNC's damage (Chainspell Blizzard 4 with Beyond/Minikin and temp items) or aren't compatible with melee solo (if I want to trigger grellow, I don't want the monster dying first).

RDM/NIN + DNC/NIN would be a good duo for something with hate reset that you want to proc Red on for the RDM. In general, I find my strategies don't change much between DNC/NIN solo and DNC+healer fighting NMs. The main difference is that I let the healer heal me and play a little more dangerously (WS without shadows if I have TP for it). The main killspeed difference healers bring is through their nukes, Haste, Dia II, and sometimes Dispel.

There are two things I've done since I started soloing stuff on DNC that dramatically improved my efficiency:
1) Made a hybrid DD-Eva build.
2) Started timing my WSs and JAs between monster swings, so that they don't get swings at me when I'm wearing my WS gear or whatever.

I use a hybrid build too, and I do the same thing with my WS/JA. :D
I've recently switched over to Atma of the Gnarled Horn fulltime after the subtle blow update because it makes mobs just sit there and die instead of sit there and die and occasionally try to eat you.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 12:45:39
Link | Citer | R

GH always seemed like a better DD Atma for dagger jobs than VV to me anyway.

Also yeah, the Subtle Blow patch is pretty amazing. Supposedly the formula for reduction is (dAGI+25)/2, capping at dAGI=75 or 50% reduced. It is applied separately from Subtle Blow. My Hybrid build also includes 32 Subtle Blow (Heed ring + Charis), so I end up feeding:
(BaseTP(<5)+3)*.34, or about 2.5 TP/hit.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-10 15:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

i feel like a broken record, just because you put on a dual wield gear does not mean you will be building less tp, charis body is also better than aurore with tp feeding in mind, subtle blow and the fact that you dont feed more tp when you do double dmg.

as previously stated dnc can reach 75-77% delay reduction so idk why you brought up marches. there is also no major need for mambos anymore either, you can solo many of the NMs in the new abyssea areas without even using an eva atma. minuets are meh as well since your tp set can have 650-900 attack depending on your sub. additionally your selection of mobs you can kill in a timely matter is narrowed since brd can not nuke effectively as sch can. and even more so since sch can open lvl 3 sckillchains for dnc.

Phoenix.Kirana said:
How does one aquire the Atma of the Omnipotent? It is not even listed on wiki.

Abyssea - Uleguerand: Pantokrator (its an omega skin)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 16:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Auric Dagger's ship has pretty much sailed, so you're looking at 45% DW from gear and 50% Haste from Haste+Samba+Gear to put us at 72.5% delay reduction. I don't know where you get 77% without Marches from (even with Auric it's 75%). Adding a single March caps your delay reduction and lets you drop a piece of DW for something else. .275/.2 = 37.5% increase in your damage. Adding Minuet V gives you, I don't know, ~80 attack? That'd be more than +10% for me on DNC/NIN most of the time. My base is around 600 with meat, Stalwart's is another +30% whenever it's up, which is frequently if I'm duoing NQs but not if I'm doing NMs.

Unless your scholar increases your damage by 50% through bonuses it doesn't share with Bard, it isn't very competitive. Also, if your Bard felt like it, Mordant Rime opens Darkness as well. Still, coordinating skillchains with another player leads to TP inefficiency and wasted damage.

Before STP, any 190/190 dagger combination gives this Base TP:
30% DW = 4.6 TP/hit (5.8 with 28 STP)
45% DW = 4.2 TP/hit (5.3 with 28 STP)
So +10% TP gain. It's always going to drop a hit, and will sometimes drop two.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-10 16:33:38
Link | Citer | R

I would like to say, None of you are females so should not be playing dancer, that is all! <3ubyrth
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2010-12-10 17:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
I would like to say, None of you are females so should not be playing dancer, that is all! <3ubyrth

Get embarrassed in parses by dnc much?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 17:10:55
Link | Citer | R

srs much?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 17:24:36
Link | Citer | R

I outparsed the ***out of BL when he was keying afk on Monk. I bet his butt still hurts from the outparsing I gave him.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-10 17:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Auric Dagger's ship has pretty much sailed, so you're looking at 45% DW from gear and 50% Haste from Haste+Samba+Gear to put us at 72.5% delay reduction. I don't know where you get 77% without Marches from (even with Auric it's 75%). Adding a single March caps your delay reduction and lets you drop a piece of DW for something else. .275/.2 = 37.5% increase in your damage. Adding Minuet V gives you, I don't know, ~80 attack? That'd be more than +10% for me on DNC/NIN most of the time. My base is around 600 with meat, Stalwart's is another +30% whenever it's up, which is frequently if I'm duoing NQs but not if I'm doing NMs.

Unless your scholar increases your damage by 50% through bonuses it doesn't share with Bard, it isn't very competitive. Also, if your Bard felt like it, Mordant Rime opens Darkness as well. Still, coordinating skillchains with another player leads to TP inefficiency and wasted damage.

Before STP, any 190/190 dagger combination gives this Base TP:
30% DW = 4.6 TP/hit (5.8 with 28 STP)
45% DW = 4.2 TP/hit (5.3 with 28 STP)
So +10% TP gain. It's always going to drop a hit, and will sometimes drop two.
you may want to re-read my previous posts regarding how you get to 77% delay reduction, and make yourself a bit more familiar with sch as well. sch does not need to melee to open lvl3 skillchains. brd can not increase dnc's efficiency by 50% anymore and auric is far from dead. and i do believe your calculations are off, you do not lose .5 tp per hit with 15% more dual wield let alone 20%. also 600 attack is rather low now, perhaps incorrect food (you dont need pizza anymore). and stalwart will take you to 999 attack.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 19:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Stalwart's isn't full-timed if you're fighting NMs. My Attack is 446 outside Abyssea at level 90 with capped dagger skill. In Abyssea I gain 40 STR from Futherances, which puts it at 466. Bison Steak puts it around 550. Stalwart's puts it at 715.

My TP calculations are correct, and you can check them on wiki. The formula is (1H delay-180)*1.5/180+5 = TP

Scholars are incapable of opening a Level 3 in one nuke, which means they'd be wasting even more time making Distortion for you to Evisceration off of. If you're killing normal monsters, the wasted time will kill your prey.

Auric is dead, even assuming it doesn't surpass the delay reduction cap which it will if you have a bard and assuming AF3+2 body is 5% and worth wearing, and neglecting TP loss when you choose to wear DW instead of Haste:
D48 Twashtar 176/D39 Auric 201:
1.33*(48+13+39+12)/((201+176)*.5) = 47.5 DPS with DW
D48 Twashtar 176/D45 Para+1 211:
1.43*(48+13+45+13)/((211+176)*.55) = 48.2 DPS with DW

Maybe keep it for the Subtle Blow, when you want that but not more evasion for some reason?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-10 19:30:43
Link | Citer | R

im getting 4.3 (damn near 4.4) with 15% dual wield gear and no store TP traits and 5.5 with 28 stp. you are gaining about 5% tp growth compared to 15% dual wield and 7%ish compared to 20% dual wield, which is easily made up in speed.
twashtar/auric: no extra haste and dual wield gear takes 36.9 seconds to reach 102.6 tp

twashtar/dblatk para: no extra haste and dual wield gear takes 36.45 seconds, with 10% double attack included, to reach 104.4 tp

twashtar/auric: 26 haste, 20% dw from gear, haste and haste samba (no brd) 14.4 seconds to reach 100.8 tp with 6 extra store tp in gear and 15.2 without the 6 store tp

twashtar/dblatk para: with 26 haste, haste, haste samba and 2x march takes 10.53 seconds to reach 104.4tp

brd gives a 26% faster rate with para to reach 100 tp compared to the auric without brd not 50%.

further more: with haste major (i dont know haste superior, rumored to be 12%) 24 haste, 25% dw from gear, haste, haste samba (no brd) and 6 extra store tp from gear
1.5 seconds 18 hit

13.5 seconds to reach 100.8 tp

twashtar/dblatk is now only 22% faster than twashtar/auric ONLY if you had a brd pushing out marches. and if you did not have a brd pushing out marches with your setup twashtar/dblatk is 27% slower than twashtar/auric setup.

sch has plenty of time getting off 2 nukes in between ws that shouldn't even have to be brought up. not to mention the benefit of sch's darkness skillchain multiplier is rather large.

i can vouch for your DPS comparison though.

additionally on a different note: dnc can wear the nebula set that just came out, with head/hands/legs/feet you can get 18 magic accuracy.