Impetus - Look Cool?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Impetus - Look Cool?
Impetus - Look Cool?
By thornbringer 2010-12-03 09:16:34
Link | Citer | R

I use the 1st acc setup w agasayas belenos kemas etc nq pizza.
But with no usu or bb (acp body Af3 +2 legs ocelot gloves). Since I'm my shells tank the atmas I use are ss n gh not rr . This setup works very well for us n I rarely lose hate.
 Alexander.Tedril
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-03 13:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Blazza said:
What if it wears off when you miss?
Even if it did, you'd most likely have to miss the entire background. These things usually go by attack round, not by individual attack. Boost, for example. It says "next attack" but works for both punches and wears off. That being said, you would more likely than not have to miss your entire attack round for it to wear off. W/ capped acc, .05 x .05 = .25% chance of that happening. Even less when you consider double attacks and kicks.

Nice math... .05 x .05 that would be .0025 making it, .25% chance of it happening... meaning it would take roughly 400 hits for to miss... doubt that'll happen while impetus is up... lol... nvm you had it right the first time, I thought I had read you saying 25% lol, my bad!
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-03 13:51:50
Link | Citer | R

wonder though if eventually there will be a way to lower the delay to the duration.. with new merits... wouldnt that be something
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-03 13:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Even if it did, you'd most likely have to miss the entire background. These things usually go by attack round, not by individual attack. Boost, for example. It says "next attack" but works for both punches and wears off. That being said, you would more likely than not have to miss your entire attack round for it to wear off. W/ capped acc, .05 x .05 = .25% chance of that happening. Even less when you consider double attacks and kicks.

Nice math... .05 x .05 that would be .0025 making it, .25% chance of it happening... meaning it would take roughly 400 hits for to miss... doubt that'll happen while impetus is up... lol... nvm you had it right the first time, I thought I had read you saying 25% lol, my bad!
Of course, this is assuming it works like boost, and not like sneak attack or trick attack.
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-03 13:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
wonder though if eventually there will be a way to lower the delay to the duration.. with new merits... wouldnt that be something
Well thats a whole new topic... who knows what new merits will bring! I'm hoping for merits that do different things entirely! I just don't know what, it would be stupid to add another layer of the same merits... Its like deciding to paint a room the same color it already is... a waste!
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-03 13:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Alexander.Tedril said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Of course, this is assuming it works like boost, and not like sneak attack or trick attack.
Ya well why would they give us an ability that isn't based upon the fact that we use two-handed weapons, that would be like assuming that ninjas are going to get abilities for one hand only... My question is how will impetus hold up with Weapon Skills, with they stack like sneak attack or not?
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-03 13:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Well thats a whole new topic... who knows what new merits will bring! I'm hoping for merits that do different things entirely! I just don't know what, it would be stupid to add another layer of the same merits... Its like deciding to paint a room the same color it already is... a waste!
agree'd.. if there is going to be new merits or something completely new and radical, it needs to be something challenging and exciting
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-03 14:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Alexander.Tedril said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ya well why would they give us an ability that isn't based upon the fact that we use two-handed weapons, that would be like assuming that ninjas are going to get abilities for one hand only... My question is how will impetus hold up with Weapon Skills, with they stack like sneak attack or not?
This is SE we're talking about.
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-03 14:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Quotes were too long lol... To true, to true, idk I think that it is gonna stack though because SE wants monk to be a deadly damage dealer... Thats what they were designed to be from the beginning and they have always struggled needing this gear and that gear, but yet monks claim to be powerful with their bodies and I think SE wants it to be that way... personally I'm a paladin was on old account and this one, so SE needs to quit giving us the shaft... lol
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-03 14:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Sounds exactly like auspice to me. If you miss, the effect resets to its lowest potential. It's a nice JA in that it's definitely useful, but just from its wording, it doesn't seem like it's anything too fancy. We shall see.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-12-03 14:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:
damn how'd you find that? lol

Goooooogle!!!~
 Kujata.Jejien
Serveur: Kujata
user: Jejien
By Kujata.Jejien 2010-12-07 16:56:52
Link | Citer | R

These are my findings for Impetus, just playing around in CB and thought I would keep track of things.

My att went up at 2/hit, not 2.5/hit, I maxed out at +100att (went from 482 to 582), my guess is thats a straight +100 att not a % as it seems like an odd one. Any hit, including counters count towards it (side note the counter hit seemed to only show up on my att rating after my next round of hits, seems odd but I was eyeballing it so i could bt wrong or could be lag). Any miss including WS misses reset my att, didn't get para or any thing else that has been talked about so can't say much for those. The crit rate was hard as I didn't have a parser running, but once I hit max +att, I was crit. more then 50% (again eyeballing). Almost forgot, it goes by HIT, so if you miss the first att then contact on the second you reset and then get +2att.

Stats:
90mnk/45dnc
elvaan
str 86+26
dex 80+9
vit 86
agi 67+8
int 59
mnd 79
chr 76

I maxed out my att a few times againt the Orcish turrent, thats the only one I saw the huge crit hit rate up on... so all you math guys go nuts with this as much as you can. Hope this helps! Hoping I got everything, ask away.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-12-07 17:50:33
Link | Citer | R

Good news everyone, WS counts as hits. Was able to get +att after landing Asuran Fists.
Have not seen enough parses yet to comment on Crit hit rate, but the boost is not noticable with the naked eye.