Skill Up Chart?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Skill Up Chart?
Skill Up Chart?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-16 03:40:29
| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I hope I'm not posting something completely redundant here but if anyone could show or point me in the right direction of a chart or listing of mobs with skill caps in correlation to a mob's level, I would truly appreciate it.

I have difficulty finding appropriate mobs for low to mid level skill caps prior to being able to take on robber crabs which typically cap around 200.
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-16 03:55:23
Link | Citer | R

What skill(s) are you trying to cap out... some are harder than others? I only ask because that'll shape my answer.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-16 04:07:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I'm currently working on Guard. As 75 MNK it shouldn't be difficult tanking or defeating mobs to reach it's cap, however I tend to get best results when I fight mobs that would generally give a cap just above it's current level right now. Which unfortunately is like 105 or something ridiculous.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-16 04:44:31
Link | Citer | R

http://monsters.ffxi-atlas.com/

I use the skill-up option on therem it's at the bottom left of the page =P

Alternatively, you can use
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skill_Ups

There are a couple of nice pictures on there that look like a chart, and a really badly put together guide that has no formatting at all, except bolded text >.>
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-16 04:50:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Ah, looks like I just didn't do enough homework. Thanks for linking me Hitetsu. Hopefully I can get to (or at least really close) my caps for the skills I need without getting a beatdown.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-16 04:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Good luck >.>

I went following a parrying skill up guide as best as I could.. ended up losing like 8k exp on war XD
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-16 06:16:08
Link | Citer | R

I've heard a popular way to skill parrying is to aggro about 4-6 Chigoes and have them all bashing on you, with someone outside cure bombing you. I don't know if you have the luxury of curing assistance, but it sounded like the fastest way to me ^^. I also don;t know if with Guard you need to be engaged to the mob.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-16 06:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Saiya said:
I've heard a popular way to skill parrying is to aggro about 4-6 Chigoes and have them all bashing on you

This was my technique. There's a good spot in the Hydra entrance of Aydeewa where there's 3-4 Chigoes. With a Taco, a bit of defense food, Phalanx and Cocoon (RDM/BLU), they were hitting for 3-6 each time. Makes it perfectly easy to handle solo.

Disturbingly small amount of skill ups though but there you have it... Better than none!
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-16 06:32:04
Link | Citer | R

I'll have to take my NIN up there /war with Tacos...

Earth Staff, Arhat's and lolTurtle headpiece is probably my best bet, but capped Parrying would be hot. I parry a lot on SAM & WAR in meripos as it is and my parrying is only 206.

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread ^^;
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-16 07:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Gotta try this. Know if you can cap parrying on NIN with chigoes?

parrying at 221 atm.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-16 07:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Depends... Having a way of curing yourself is probably essential to the method. They may be hitting for single digits, but they hit pretty damn fast. I would recommend trying with just one first and when you're about to die, kill it (On NIN scoring a critical hit shouldn't be too hard.) Really wouldn't recommend 3-4 at once without any form of reliable curing (eg. Not Curing Waltz.)

The reason this works is that with the use of Cocoon my defense jumps from 500 something to 650+. Combined with Phalanx it makes them hit for very small amounts. Without these boosts as NIN/WAR, no manner of damage reduction gear is going to make them hit for that small an amount, especially if you can't protect yourself ;;
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-16 07:09:27
Link | Citer | R

I could always bring my mule for curing. <Dual Wield> <Computer> ftw :D

I'll post here later after I've tried this.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-16 07:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
I could always bring my mule for curing. <dual wield=""> <computer> ftw :D

{Shard of Envy}

Good luck!
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-16 07:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I don't think i can escape the curing necessity >.<
 Carbuncle.Strawhat
user: RJ415
By Carbuncle.Strawhat 2009-02-16 10:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
I'm currently working on Guard. As 75 MNK it shouldn't be difficult tanking or defeating mobs to reach it's cap, however I tend to get best results when I fight mobs that would generally give a cap just above it's current level right now. Which unfortunately is like 105 or something ridiculous.

Go watch elmer the pointy youtube video for guard up to 150. After that theres a few forums on it like genome LJ, http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=11;mid=121906046411468156 and http://funbard.livejournal.com/profile
my guard skill at 225.5
leveling guard very time consuming
happy hunting and good luck