Here Is Your Holy Man, Bathed In The Blood Of Inno

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Here is your holy man, bathed in the blood of inno
Here is your holy man, bathed in the blood of inno
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-24 15:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ugh =/ once again, I never said your opinion is any more or less correct or just than mine. Read that line a few times through, you seem to be stuck on the assumption that I hold my opinion up as if it has more value than yours.

Second, I have the opinions I do, because I just do, why do you have the opinions you do? Because of what you've seen through your life.. You're making this all so much more complicated and abstract than it needs to be. What I've seen of humans, gives me the opinions I have. It's not just some blind, broad assumption, it's what I've witnessed through my life.

Third, when exploitation is for survival, then it is just that, for survival, it's no more or less evil than a snake squeezing the life out of a smaller animal so that it can eat and continue to survive. Now assume that snake evolved and no longer needed to continue those actions to survive, it would be strangling the life out of something just for the sake of doing it, that same action then becomes evil, in my opinion. Assuming the animal posed no threat to it and the snake was the aggressor, it need not kill to eat, or protect itself, it's taking life simply because of an outdated survival mechanism.
So you've seen humans murdered?
Have I seen it personally? No, I've seen people beat within an inch of their life for no reason, but that's as close as I've ever come to witnessing a murder.

However, my brother was murdered, so I have been personally affected by it, I need not see it with my own eyes to know it happens.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ugh =/ once again, I never said your opinion is any more or less correct or just than mine. Read that line a few times through, you seem to be stuck on the assumption that I hold my opinion up as if it has more value than yours.

Second, I have the opinions I do, because I just do, why do you have the opinions you do? Because of what you've seen through your life.. You're making this all so much more complicated and abstract than it needs to be. What I've seen of humans, gives me the opinions I have. It's not just some blind, broad assumption, it's what I've witnessed through my life.

Third, when exploitation is for survival, then it is just that, for survival, it's no more or less evil than a snake squeezing the life out of a smaller animal so that it can eat and continue to survive. Now assume that snake evolved and no longer needed to continue those actions to survive, it would be strangling the life out of something just for the sake of doing it, that same action then becomes evil, in my opinion. Assuming the animal posed no threat to it and the snake was the aggressor, it need not kill to eat, or protect itself, it's taking life simply because of an outdated survival mechanism.
So you've seen humans murdered?
Have I seen it personally? No, I've seen people beat within an inch of their life for no reason, but that's as close as I've ever come to witnessing a murder.

However, my brother was murdered, so I have been personally affected by it, I need not see it with my own eyes to know it happens.
This was my reply on the other page, I can see why you would not want to reevaluate your opinion now. Losing a family member or close friend is difficult, even more-so at the hand of another and that would not be something I'd really want to evaluate either.
Evil still describes the act better than the person though.
Being able to explain why also allows you to evaluate your opinions, without that ability you are just shooting yourself in the foot.
Just saying people are evil because they act on instinct sounds a bit silly to me, when in turn this said instinct can protect life making it become inherently "good"
I may be complicating it, but it's not some unnecessary complication.
and how would you not hold your opinion more than mine?
since it's your opinion that in fact means by default that you are accepting it to be over mine.
you saying that it's not is just an excuse.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is exactly why marriage is suppose to be 50% of your religion to God, since evil is much easier to achieve when you are not married and/or have no responsibility.
sorry to tell you but marriage predates any known religion.
Marriage has nothing to do with religion as much as it does to do with life in general, so both are equal.
What the hell are you even saying with this?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 15:24:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is exactly why marriage is suppose to be 50% of your religion to God, since evil is much easier to achieve when you are not married and/or have no responsibility.
sorry to tell you but marriage predates any known religion.
Marriage has nothing to do with religion as much as it does to do with life in general, so both are equal.

um, no.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 15:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Have you people not studied history. You don't *** with the catholic church. They're crazy.
there's a blanketstatement

ftfy
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
What is the joy of life: self-indulgent or family?
why are the two separated?
it's not like you become unselfish once you get married or start a family.
being selfish is an innate trait that you have from birth.
you must serve yourself to serve others.
similar to the concept of loving yourself to be able to love others.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 15:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Have you people not studied history. You don't *** with the catholic church. They're crazy.

ftfy

blanketstatement or not, he's right.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 15:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

What now?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 15:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
why are the two separated?
I debated typing "They should be 50% each." lol.
Why should they be 50%?
Why do you have to put a percentage in there?
It's not something you can even measure man.
these are two separate concepts that effect each other, they don't fit into some set that percentages can be derived from.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 15:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

study history, then you'll know.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

aren't we all crazy?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Everything is made up of 100% is why I like using a % and since they reflect each other like you said means it should be regulated equally so you don't feel overwhelmed by either is all I meant, but by all means if you are that giving then more power to you.
Where did I say that they reflect each other?
You can't regulate stuff like that.
You can say "I'm going to do something for my family...bladdybladdy bladdy bla", but you are doing it for them for a purpose, for a feeling, for something that you would indulge in.
Since we aren't all the same not everyone indulges in the same things.
But there isn't some meter that you can pull out and say "I'm going to be 57% selfish today!", everyone is 100% selfish at all times.
if you want to put a percentage to it.

but not everything is made up of 100%, only thing you can do that with are things that can be quantified.
People indulge in pain, pleasure, comfort, stress...pretty much anything you can think of and something is being indulged for it.
If you aren't indulging in something like let's say someone is hacking off your arm with a saw, you aren't indulging in your arm getting cut off, you are indulging in your thoughts, and possibly indulging in the possibility that you might pass out, or the possibility of escape.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 15:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

Catholic Church was extremely corrupt in the Dark Ages. The Catholic Church admits that. The Catholic Church today isn't in anyway or form comparable to the crazy it was back then.

You can hate them for their past mistakes or you can forgive and move on, but holding a grudge sure won't help.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 15:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

I can't say I'm an avid historian but I have taken my fair share of history classes. There have been many tyrants/crazies/war mongering states that were not the catholic church in history as well. Why single out the church? Most of the things done were mirroring the times and what was happening at that time period anyways. Am I saying that makes it right, no. Just seems like you guys have it out for religion because you disagree with it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

I can't say I'm an avid historian but I have taken my fair share of history classes. There have been many tyrants/crazies/war mongering states that were not the catholic church in history as well. Why single out the church? Most of the things done were mirroring the times and what was happening at that time period anyways. Am I saying that makes it right, no. Just seems like you guys have it out for religion because you disagree with it.
Would you rather just have people say certain individuals are crazy?
or would that offend you as well?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 15:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Considering everyone who claims to be a part of religion is a *** nut case they don't need to actually do anything nutty to prove it.

Saying their is a god is the equivalent of me saying the Great Gazoo sits on my shoulder and tells me things, and if I did I'd expect people to treat me like a crazy ***, just the same as all people who belong to religions need to be treated.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 15:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

I have it out for religion because I don't like crazy people, nor do I like a line of thinking that is holding back humanity.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

I have it out for religion because I don't like crazy people, nor do I like a line of thinking that is holding back humanity.
How do you know it's holding back humanity?
Have you seen a humanity without religion?
Who's to say we wouldn't have another driving force behind stuff you *** about.
Religion may be holding back what you feel is an ideal humanity.
But that's life, the contrast between your projected reality and actual reality.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 15:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Considering everyone who claims to be a part of religion is a *** nut case they don't need to actually do anything nutty to prove it.

Saying their is a god is the equivalent of me saying the Great Gazoo sits on my shoulder and tells me things, and if I did I'd expect people to treat me like a crazy ***, just the same as all people who belong to religions need to be treated.

You sound to me more like a crazy *** because you hate people based on their beliefs. I don't know if you know this but you seem to be just as bad as other extremists because you have no tolerance for people with a different belief then your own.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 15:56:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You sound to me more like a crazy *** because you hate people based on their beliefs. I don't know if you know this but you seem to be just as bad as other extremists because you have no tolerance for people with a different belief then your own.
He has one, he just doesn't use it all the time.
I like to deconstruct beliefs that are not my own as well as my own.
But thinking logically and thinking with your heart seems to clash quite a few times.
But that's just how humans are, and that's why people have to go to the extreme of saying that they completely disagree with something.
They have to depend on solid beliefs systems to complete who they are.
Ignoring and buzzing out others is just the easy way out.
And the religious and atheistic alike both do this.
Not all of them on both sides.
But I'd imagine a good deal likely does.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

ftfy

He is?

How do you know it's holding back humanity?
Have you seen a humanity without religion?
Who's to say we wouldn't have another driving force behind stuff you *** about.
Religion may be holding back what you feel is an ideal humanity.
But that's life, the contrast between your projected reality and actual reality.

pay attention for a second, I said the line of thinking that's holding back humanity, religion is just a product of that line of thinking.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I never said I hated anyone, I just prefer to not be surrounded by crazy ***.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

He has one, he just doesn't use it all the time.
I like to deconstruct beliefs that are not my own as well as my own.
But thinking logically and thinking with your heart seems to clash quite a few times.
But that's just how humans are, and that's why people have to go to the extreme of saying that they completely disagree with something.
They have to depend on solid beliefs systems to complete who they are.
Ignoring and buzzing out others is just the easy way out.
And the religious and atheistic alike both do this.
Not all of them on both sides.
But I'd imagine a good deal likely does.

you can't think with the heart, it's an organ that isn't used nor capable of the function of "thinking"
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Believing humanity would of been better off without religion means you are the last to finish because your mind-state is not in the present.

Also, reflect or effect; whatever, same difference lol.

not believing, knowing.

Unless you're going to sit here and say the world has been better off due to a bunch of crazy *** running around killing each other based on differences in illogical solutions to ignorance.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10