Haubergeon - 10 Acc
4th Division Gauntlets - 5 Acc
Sniper's Ring - 5 Acc
Ulthalam's Ring - 4 Acc
Amemet Mantle +1
Potent Belt - 8 Acc
Royal Knight's Breeches
4th Division Sabatons - 2 Acc

+50 Acc not including the +Dex or bonus from Hasso.

Started at 61 in a pt fighting Colibri and wasn't using food cause I don't want to waste Sushi. At first I was swapping out my Acc rings for STR rings for Guillotine and about 65% of my WS were only doing like 200...one of them even missed all hits (no dmg came up in the log at all). I got some ~300 and the very rare over 400, and 650+ when I use SE. So then I decided to leave my Acc rings on for WS's but that didn't really help much, my ~200's were a little less frequent, and the ~300's a little more frequent. Using Guillotine for 170 dmg depresses me...

I decided to use a Sushi later on in the pt an it didn't even really change all that much. Got a few more ~400's, but still a lot less than 250. Colibri's are pretty resistant to magic so I don't even really bother with Abs-STR/DEX/ACC cause it either resists and cancels my Stat+ and replaces it with Stat- or does it to the PLD.

I'm starting to dislike DRK to the point of not wanting to play it...Any suggestions?
 Kujata.Maidak
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-02-15 00:13:59
Link | Citer | R

all i have to say is level sync ftw man, drk does suck until u hit 75 but after u hit 75 u fall in love with it like the new puppy you got for Christmas
but i can say, get a greatsword and save up for a hauberk +1 this is my tp gear for drk http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=48396 and this is my guillotine ws and with a sub and a bard i'll smack a guillotine for anywhere from 1k-2k http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=60617 and its very nice almost orgasmic
 Bahamut.Vitrolant
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Vitrolant
By Bahamut.Vitrolant 2009-02-15 02:31:35
Link | Citer | R

use absorb dex and agi and i think you get absorb acc at 62?

you rly wont see consistent high numbers w/o a brd

and not that it matters what race are you?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-02-15 02:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Pole Grip.

Other than that, you're experiencing level correction :p multihit WSs require good atk/acc relative to their target to be effective and you're not getting that, so Guillotine isn't going to do amazingly well. Spamming meat will help but you'll still notice the numbers aren't as high as you'd like until later. You didn't mention your SJ either! If you're /nin or /thf, don't expect any amazingly high numbers from Guillo. /sam at that level won't provide titanic ones either, but the quantity is nice.

I wouldn't WS in str rings over acc rings either if you can help it, not until you're optimising your build with merits at 75.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2009-02-15 04:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Mythril Grip +1 - 2 Acc (Get a Pole Grip)
Tiphia Sting - 2 Acc (Get a Smart Grenade, next level get a Bomb Core)
Potent Belt - 8 Acc (Get a Swift Belt)

For the record, DRK sucks period, unless you do alot of HNM.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-02-15 21:32:30
Link | Citer | R

DRK is pretty damn beastly actually :O people just don't realise it so much...

#1: Always /sam 70+. If you /nin, you're gonna be doing gimped damage.
#2: Drk thrives on HASTE. Lots of Haste. Also you must have high acc/atk...

Fulfil those and you will have no complaints :)
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-21 02:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Your problem is that you're using too much accuracy. DRK has the second highest melee ACC in the game, and only needs about 25 to cap it on regular mobs, without food.

That being said, I don't know. Most of the DRKs I've seen lately have sucked. My first Guillotine ever was over 1k at LV60 about 3 years ago. Had Berserk up.