LV 81 DNC

wtf does this actually do
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-11-21 21:25:01
Link | Citer | R

So there's Feather Step right? Essentially supposed to make you crit more (although it seems somewhat mysterious still). It probably just makes you crit even more. (That is, the mob "evades" your crits even less.) I imagine testing a mob's critical hit evasion is hard enough as it is, god only knows to what degree this may enhance the effect.

It's either that or it just makes the daze effect stay on longer.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-21 21:27:47
Link | Citer | R

the only way it would crit more is if the daze was up'd a level. duration i cant see why that would be changed. the only thing i could think it would do is act like presto and give an extra step or give another level to the daze. but iirc it doesn't.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-11-21 21:27:49
Link | Citer | R

My guess would be more Crit. Evasion Down percentage. We may never know unless someone really wants to sit down and grind it out and provide X/X amount of Crits under Level 5 Bewildered Gaze with Ballerines and another X/X with AF3 +2 Feet. May also be more Crit Hit damage. This would be interesting to test, though.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-11-21 21:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Crit hit damage seems possible with the trend lately, would be easy to test anyways.
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-11-21 21:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xenophire said:
My guess would be more Crit. Evasion Down percentage. We may never know unless someone really wants to sit down and grind it out and provide X/X amount of Crits under Level 5 Bewildered Gaze with Ballerines and another X/X with AF3 +2 Feet. May also be more Crit Hit damage. This would be interesting to test, though.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. If lv5 was -10% evasion, let's say, I bet the feet give -15% or something. Now the question is... do the feet "react" to a mob with bewildered daze (as in, you'll crit more while wearing them, even if it was another DNC's steps) or do you have to "inflict" that extra % of crit evasion down by macroing in the feet each time?
 Caitsith.Kalima
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-11-23 18:15:30
Link | Citer | R

I've actually been doing a lot of feather step testing myself over the past few weeks and so far the shoes don't add any more to the critcal hit rate. My sample sizes are decent (up to about 4000 hits per test) but there's still a percentage of error that could swing the results one way or another. For example, my tests w/o shoes (if I take the low end of the parse which both were around 1000 hits) with level 5 is around 27.34% and with shoes it showed 27.87%. Adding roughly another 3000 hits to that and the rate was 28.75%.
Oh and both of these tests were done after confirming my crit rate of 24% without any steps applied. Once I get to around 7000-10000 hits per sample I should be able to nail down more exact number for the hit rate but so far it looks to be the same.

Duration of all levels of steps were the same as well...so at this point I have no idea what the enhancement is.

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-23 18:22:35
Link | Citer | R

have you done a test sample to see if dmg is greater while wearing the shoes with the daze up?
 Caitsith.Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-11-23 18:32:08
Link | Citer | R

I personally didn't but someone else I know did and he didn't notice any bump in crit damage so can strike that off the list too.
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-11-23 18:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Back to the drawing board. ><
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-23 19:35:37
Link | Citer | R

accuracy of the step?
 Bahamut.Tejas
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2010-11-23 20:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Unless I missed something I thought I read it affects the duration of the effect. Something like first time landing will last one minute, each successive use will extend said duration by thirty seconds. I could swear I read that on Wikipedia page about the feet.
 Caitsith.Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-11-23 20:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Those are the normal times of how long all steps last
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-23 20:20:32
Link | Citer | R

what you read most likely was from this
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-26 01:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kalima said:
I personally didn't but someone else I know did and he didn't notice any bump in crit damage so can strike that off the list too.
according to another dnc i know, his crits saw upwards of 300 dmg when he TP'd in the charis shoes. next time i dip my head out of my mh i'll go verify this.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-26 16:03:27
Link | Citer | R

vauge test but i think it does affect dmg

i tested in abyssea with RR and SS, full feather daze with ballerines i get roughly 180-210 dmg

with charis i saw a small boost in dmg 190-220 which could have to do with the dex bonus idk, but what i found interesting was there was a few cases where the dmg skyrocketed to 340-400 dmg which leads me to believe that while feather daze is up you get an occ deal double dmg with crits
 Caitsith.Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-11-29 08:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Just tested the "occ deals double crit damage" theory and not getting any results. Did a small sample size of 1053 hits with 199 crits. Crit damage never exceeded 128 and averaged around 104 damage.

Just for kicks I also tested Climactic flourish under no steps, 5 steps, and 5 steps with shoes...no difference in any of those numbers either.

Your findings yuna may have been due to either the atma effects, you being in abyseea which I assume you were in a party getting buffs and having them wear on yourself, and debuffs being added and wearing on the mob, or any combination thereof. I wouldn't completely discredit the possibility of occ deals double crit damage, but it's highly unlikely

Oh and I forgot to add that I also looked over my old parse with 4k+ hits...also didnt show any evidence of doing double damage on crits.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-29 13:12:43
Link | Citer | R

well i was solo while i was in abyssea so there was no extra buffs really. were you full timing the shoes? i was using them for steps and tping.
 Caitsith.Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-11-29 14:55:30
Link | Citer | R

yes, shoes were fulltimed and again, never saw any double damage
By Mirvana 2010-11-30 07:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Theoretically speaking, if it was atmas wouldn't the damage be fairly similar across all crits? Not saying FS did it, but that atmas may not have caused the spiked crits either (unless its an unlisted boon from said atmas)

my2c: Were you using C.feather Kali? I have noticed some funky critspikes myself now and then (avg ~100, had a few spike for ~210), maybe a latent on feather?