3 WS Chain ?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » 3 WS chain ?
3 WS chain ?
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-18 06:50:38
Link | Citer | R

So today i was workin on my second parazozo when i got the idea to try a 3 ws chain...but i cant find one with a very good dmg...is there a way to do light like this ?

actually i do :

input /ja "Sekkanoki" <me>
wait 3
input /ws "Dancing Edge" <t>
wait 3
input /ws "Pyrrhic Kleos" <t>
wait 3
input /ja "Reverse Flourish" <me>
wait 1
input /ws "Evisceration" <t>
[+]
 Diabolos.Wilsner
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Wilsner
By Diabolos.Wilsner 2010-11-18 06:56:18
Link | Citer | R

evis-DE-evis is drkness is all i know sorry.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-18 06:58:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm no DNC, so forgive me if this is stupid. Is it actually possible to get 100% TP from Reverse Flourish? I thought the max was 75%, making it impossible to 3-step because of the delay getting the last 25% TP for your final WS
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-18 07:01:29
Link | Citer | R

its 75, but most ws is 11tp back and with a swing (parazo delay is 211) you can get the 25 tp need for next ws.
para is multi-hit weapon so yes you can fail, but my rate is other 90%, wich is "acceptable" though w

you can do darkness easy like this with pyrrhic > evi
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-18 07:03:29
Link | Citer | R

I see XD

I completely forgot about the TP from your WS.. For some reason I was thinking it would be 0%.. Now I feel silly ><'
 Lakshmi.Razius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-11-18 07:19:18
Link | Citer | R

I am not a DNC and i do not know how RV works as regards is it instant TP getting, or builds up like Meditate. I did 2 stage SCs on DRG/SAM using jumps and meditate after a WS to self SC (yes it did work, tis all about jump gear swaps XD) before Samurai was stripped of the title of Skillchain God and every tom *** and harry could get access to sekka. Using all what the SAM SJ offers a job should allow a 3 stage, espech to a TP happy job like DNC.

Kinda like, put RV (and if ur subbing SAM, meditate) after ur 1st ws. That way say for arguements sake, from 200%tp (or less if ur STP matches a reasonably geared/merited SAM), this happens:

Sekka
Ws1
Med and/or RV
Ws2
wait a few secs, use RV here if dint before (as i say, no idea how RV works)
tp hits 100% again, final WS.

Remember u will get the odd shot in between Ja's, again adding TP to ya bar.

From a SAMs point of view that would give you a emulated 2hr with the right ws's, and i usually put this into my 2hr regieme to kinda double the amount of SCs (stole the idea from something on Wiki, =D).

If this order of events work, prob go for what Wilsner said as regards Darkness. You can always use some form of SC calc once u get the progression of Ja's right, and just macro it for diff SCs. :)

EDIT: long post and slow typing = missed Dreamers explanation of RV =p
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-18 07:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said:
I am not a DNC and i do not know how RV works as regards is it instant TP getting, or builds up like Meditate. I did 2 stage SCs on DRG/SAM using jumps and meditate after a WS to self SC (yes it did work, tis all about jump gear swaps XD) before Samurai was stripped of the title of Skillchain God and every tom *** and harry could get access to sekka. Using all what the SAM SJ offers a job should allow a 3 stage, espech to a TP happy job like DNC.

Kinda like, put RV (and if ur subbing SAM, meditate) after ur 1st ws. That way say for arguements sake, from 200%tp (or less if ur STP matches a reasonably geared/merited SAM), this happens:

Sekka
Ws1
Med and/or RV
Ws2
wait a few secs, use RV here if dint before (as i say, no idea how RV works)
tp hits 100% again, final WS.

Remember u will get the odd shot in between Ja's, again adding TP to ya bar.

From a SAMs point of view that would give you a emulated 2hr with the right ws's, and i usually put this into my 2hr regieme to kinda double the amount of SCs (stole the idea from something on Wiki, =D).

If this order of events work, prob go for what Wilsner said as regards Darkness. You can always use some form of SC calc once u get the progression of Ja's right, and just macro it for diff SCs. :)

EDIT: long post and slow typing = missed Dreamers explanation of RV =p

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like
 Unicorn.Cathea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Cathea 2010-11-18 07:25:44
Link | Citer | R

In my TP set as 85DNC/NIN, I have around 80%, maybe more, success rate hitting solo Darkness w/o Sekki.

At ~22% haste, Charis Neck+Suppa, you can get up to two attack rounds in after the Evi (which on average yields around 11-14%, if Conserve TP procs you can get upwards of 30%). That with the 75% return from Reverse Flourish and Sekki, I wouldn't see why 3-ws solo chain wouldn't be possible.

Noooooot sure if you can make light tho.

Some more digging is required.
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-11-18 09:05:14
Link | Citer | R

4 Step WS

Sekkinoki
Wild Flourish
Step
Evisceration
Dancing Edge
Reverse Flourish/Meditate
Evisceration

I've done this twice out of about a 100 tries.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-11-18 09:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
4 Step WS

Sekkinoki
Wild Flourish
Step
Evisceration
Dancing Edge
Evisceration

I can hit this every time I try, and it's really easy with max Reverse Flourish merits. If you're using Meditate to help Reverse Flourish, it also helps to hit it in advance. If you don't have Meditate up, try turning Saber Dance on right before you do it so you'll probably Double Attack for some extra TP for the last WS.
 Siren.Verona
Serveur: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-11-18 10:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
4 Step WS

Sekkinoki
Wild Flourish
Step
Evisceration
Dancing Edge
Evisceration

Here's a tip. Use meditate between the first Evisceration and DE.

As for the original post, there's no point doing it that way. Can't be bothered to figure out if it would work, but even if it did, Evisceration should be doing more damage than Pyrric Kleos anyway. Still better off going Evis > DE > Evis.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-18 10:29:14
Link | Citer | R

No. Since Dancer has no access to anything dagger wise with Liquefaction or Fusion properties you cannot make light with a 3 step. However, if you wanted to figure how to do all the swaping and stuff, you could maybe catch Light or at least Fusion by using Sword or Hand-to-hand. It'd also be really easy with SAM sub and an Icarus wing to 3 step a light. Spinning Attack ---> Spinning Attack ---> Fusion ----> Shark Bite ---> Light. Or you could probably do it with your reverse flourish and a bit of luck if you got your macros down pat. But no way to do it with just daggers on Dancer.