Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Fire Taipan Fangs Advice
Fire Taipan Fangs Advice
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-17 22:34:19
Link | Citer | R

So I'm about to start the STR Taipan Fangs path for my Alt. Character's MNK, and I'd just like to know what is the fastest and easiest way that you know to get through each trial? I'm limited on time for the weekdays which is why I ask.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 23:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Lizards in Kuftal, Birds at Leypoint (got it done in one day with me and a NIN), I forget what else is in the trial.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-11-17 23:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Lizards in Kuftal, Birds at Leypoint (got it done in one day with me and a NIN), I forget what else is in the trial.

For the skele's I did Grauberg at night near where you port in. DId 3 weapons, one night each. Weather all the time there, and easy even though only 2 spawns there.

Can't remember the rest - bombs were a little pain, but w/e. Everything else was pretty easy. Gluck!!
By Serj 2010-11-17 23:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
So I'm about to start the STR Taipan Fangs path for my Alt. Character's MNK, and I'd just like to know what is the fastest and easiest way that you know to get through each trial? I'm limited on time for the weekdays which is why I ask.

Duo it with me. Seriously, it'll go a lot faster for both of us >_>
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 23:54:21
Link | Citer | R

I synced to Gusgen mines for skeles
 Unicorn.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Motenten
By Unicorn.Motenten 2010-11-18 00:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Skeletons: Uleg Range (near-permanent weather means just need 10 kills)
Goobbue: Boyahda
Any: any
Birds: leypoint
Lizards: Kuftal if solo (lot of lizards in a confined area, but slow repop), Cape Teriggan in a team (more spread out, but faster repops means more potential kills)
Wamoura: Mount Zhayolm (either right behind the first gate with no more than a few people, or way past the dahaks for a large group). Highly suggested: 1 mnk/dnc + 1 mnk/rdm; having a real mage as support is even better.
Beasts: Uleg Range rabbits/tigers (team up with thf/dnc/blu's working on daggers/swords); can easily hit 100/game day
Bombs: Djinn in NW Battalia_S. 2/3 are EP, 1/3 are too weak; can still get over 50 per game day solo; got 75 when teamed with a smn; alt: Abyssea djinn in Vunkerl (~180/hr with a high-kill team)
Lizards: Kuftal if solo, Cape Teriggan in a team
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-18 00:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Duo it with me. Seriously, it'll go a lot faster for both of us >_>
Ha, ok.

And thanks everyone for your help!
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-11-18 00:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Posting in this thread to save it, since I'll need this nice set of information myself soon!

Too bad your not on Asura Aeronis, since I'm starting the same weapon !!!
(;-;)
 Asura.Olue
Serveur: Asura
user: Olue
By Asura.Olue 2010-11-18 14:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Wait til the Summer months. Fire weather will be much more common then and the trials will go by much faster. I did it in the winter and it was horrible, fire weather is non-existant except in the Summer.
 Fenrir.Azazael
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2010-11-19 08:35:00
Link | Citer | R

If you have the stones, do as much as humanly possible inside Abyssea. You can get almost every trial done in one game day that way.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-19 08:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Motenten said:
Skeletons: Uleg Range (near-permanent weather means just need 10 kills) Goobbue: Boyahda Any: any Birds: leypoint Lizards: Kuftal if solo (lot of lizards in a confined area, but slow repop), Cape Teriggan in a team (more spread out, but faster repops means more potential kills) Wamoura: Mount Zhayolm (either right behind the first gate with no more than a few people, or way past the dahaks for a large group). Highly suggested: 1 mnk/dnc + 1 mnk/rdm; having a real mage as support is even better. Beasts: Uleg Range rabbits/tigers (team up with thf/dnc/blu's working on daggers/swords); can easily hit 100/game day Bombs: Djinn in NW Battalia_S. 2/3 are EP, 1/3 are too weak; can still get over 50 per game day solo; got 75 when teamed with a smn; alt: Abyssea djinn in Vunkerl (~180/hr with a high-kill team) Lizards: Kuftal if solo, Cape Teriggan in a team

Good info, saved me a longer post. However a few changes/notes I would add are...

If bombs max around 50 per hour in Batallia perhaps consider Ifrit's cauldron thats the west entrance from the jungle you can get 1 route going which loops back on itself at around 16min mark which is what dungeon mob repop timer is and that is capable of reaching 62.5 per hour which is what you need to do that trial in 4 elemental days. would need 2+ party to reach this imo.

Beasts alternative is tigers in Jugner (s) they are lower lvl than Ule range ones just about and they dont agro at all more of a solo or duo camp caps around 80 an hour, ule is better if more members imo. (camp is near the auroral alicorn npc)

And lastly you said kuftal was more for solo and cape for party Id have to disagree unless you can get 150 an hour in cape too which may be possible but It seems to have more potential agro dotted around the lizard spawns than in kuftal. Remember in Kuftal raptors count too so with a decent sized party you can clear all lizards top floor and all raptors bottom and get back to start in around 15mins then wait 1min for repops.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-19 09:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure there's an abyssea zone w/ bombs if you want to make a ghetto exp pt on that lol
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-11-19 09:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Pretty sure there's an abyssea zone w/ bombs if you want to make a ghetto exp pt on that lol

Yeah Helter-Skelters in Abyssea-Vunk. Conflux 8 if I remember right... last night is so hazy already... >.> They're squishy and there's plenty of them.

I did the Cauldron thing, and I think I went there three times - twice no one was there so I was solo, but the third time got into a party and it was super fast.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-11-20 03:21:02
Link | Citer | R

the only tral that sucked for me was the wamoura one, could never find anyone to team up with outside jp prime. I got lucky on most of my trials during summer months and hit alot of fire weaher.

The bombs I went to ifrits cauldron, running the loop by the opo opo you can kill about 50/day solo, also dont forget with lizards the raptors in kuftal count. I uaually had a war on lizards with me and killed the lizards where amemet pops, then went down towards DM pond killing all the lizards.

Oh also for beasts i did the opo opo in ifrits cauldron, around the same route as the bombs, and you get the odd fire weather to boot.

Just a shame fire weather isnt near as popular as wind =/ I bust through 2 or 3 trials a day on eva h2h thanks to grauberg, and half the mobs being available in there.
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-11-24 14:04:58
Link | Citer | R

I did the Beast x200 in Cape Teriggan with a JP ally on Greater Manticore. Started and finished it in the same gameday. Granted fire weather popped on us for about 70 out of the 200 points. But still, nifty spot for it. Going onto Bombs now, was thinking perhaps the Djinn in Eldieme {S} around tethra if they can be easily /ra'd away. theres a room of them at him, a hallway with 3, and then another room of them up the hallway with fairly fast respawn.
 Bismarck.Shyral
Serveur: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2010-11-24 14:43:05
Link | Citer | R

W
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Yeah Helter-Skelters in Abyssea-Vunk. Conflux 8 if I remember right... last night is so hazy already... >.> They're squishy and there's plenty of them.

I did the Cauldron thing, and I think I went there three times - twice no one was there so I was solo, but the third time got into a party and it was super fast.

I think that Helter-Skelters are actually djinn types...might be wrong. If so, that is a different family than bombs.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-24 14:51:07
Link | Citer | R

In the update where they changed weather, they apparently changed Djinn to count as bombs.

Wamoura should be easier now by just going to abyssea since I dont think those have the annoying blaze spikes.