users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Tantra Cyclas/Kote speculation
Tantra Cyclas/Kote speculation
 Cerberus.Blazed
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-11-24 13:39:41
Link | Citer | R

not going to happen. they're not going to let PLD die by giving MNK/SAM/NIN/WAR even greater tanking abilities.

Hands/Body will have guard skill / counter / hp % / and subtle blow.

EDIT: and there's no higher belt than black belt in most martial arts, and when there is, its Purple which was the first belt for mnk in FFXI. So another belt just isn't on the horizon for mnk imo.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-24 13:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
not going to happen. they're not going to let PLD die by giving MNK/SAM/NIN/WAR even greater tanking abilities.

Hands/Body will have guard skill / counter / hp % / and subtle blow.

So much is wrong here
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-11-24 13:47:10
Link | Citer | R

notice I said tanking, not dmg mitigation. PLD still trumps all jobs on dmg mitigation. its the hate they have problems with.
To tank you need to be the enemy's target. Giving MNK an enhanced chi blast with double the enmity of voke - nothing is wrong with that whatsoever...
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-11-24 17:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
notice I said tanking, not dmg mitigation. PLD still trumps all jobs on dmg mitigation. its the hate they have problems with.
To tank you need to be the enemy's target. Giving MNK an enhanced chi blast with double the enmity of voke - nothing is wrong with that whatsoever...
PLD is already dead, sorry pal.
[+]
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-24 17:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:

Not really.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-24 17:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:

Not really.
Yea, the inexperienced shells use them quite frequently.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-24 17:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I've been rocking the bkote again since I got af3+2 legs, so hopefully af3 hands can replace them, though I'm not expecting it. A good thing though is that mnk caps haste w/ just head and legs alone+2 (and black belt). Not sure how many of the jobs will hit 25% haste w/ their full set.

Ninja capps haste with af+2 and just a goading belt. Bullwhip and v belt are overkill. If we get hands with haste on em we can prolly switch to a acc attack waist for tp and conserve acc that was being used in other slots like back and eat meat.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-24 17:21:23
Link | Citer | R

I already eat meat, lol
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-24 17:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Cause your a smart monk. I eat marinara pizza with RR atma double march haste and innin active in af body for dual wield with suppa.

Its hundred fists crit hits and its epic.

Plus i has sexy iga hakama+1
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-24 17:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I thought you were talking about mnk, since well we are in a mnk speculation thread lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-24 17:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Yea but i dont know ***about monk. Just throwing out 2 cents on capping haste on nin with af3+2 lol.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-24 17:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:

Not really.
/rolleyes
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-24 17:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
So what are your guy's thoughts on the upcoming tantra gear? For body, I don't think it'd be difficult to beat out usu, especially if they match it in STP and throw some other stats to the table. As for the hands, I honestly think the 5/5 set augment to kick attacks is going to make the diff here as to whether to wear them or not. We're capping haste w/ head and legs alone+2, so haste on them would be useless. We're capping fstr and acc easily in abyssea, so those aren't going to do us much good (unless they want to make ws hands of them?). Unless they make them like bkote+3 and put 30 attack on them, I think how 5/5 augments kick attacks is rly going to come down on whether or not to wear these. As for the design, it looks terrible. The body and legs don't match at all. The hands look pretty cool though. If it becomes something to 5/5, however, I'm going to dat swap it to usu, as it's a much better looking set of gear.

How do you know it will be Cyclas/Kote?

Mavi Tayt, Kavuk and Basmak all original as an example.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-11-25 00:16:43
Link | Citer | R

PLD as a tank IS dead as it stands today.
There's not a single situation I can think of other than PW where I can see PLD adding some benefit to party/alliance. Even when in lowman MNK and SAM get the job done so much faster.

PLD is still great for solo content. Not many jobs can solo Cerberus. But who needs an Algol? It took me 1 hour 38 minutes to solo cerberus to 1% before wiping as PLD85/war42. It took me 13 Minutes to rape its *** as MNK/WAR with 1x BRD/BLM and 1X RDM/SCH. Which scenario would you rather partake in?

In Abyssea, PLD can dish out some decent DMG using one of the new swords and RR/VV atma spamming 2k Vorpal Blades. (Need to have some Heca and good WS gear to average at 2ks, but its possible)

However, PLD with 2K vorpals every 15 seconds is still gimp compared to NIN/MNK/WAR/THF.

In Abyssea, PLD with right atmas is nice for soloing your Dark Rings, some of your AF+1 seals, but other than that, its just the gimpest job in the game at the moment.

Alexander.Francisco
Serveur: Alexander
user: Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2010-11-25 09:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:

In Abyssea, PLD with right atmas is nice for soloing your Dark Rings, some of your AF+1 seals, but other than that, its just the gimpest job in the game at the moment.

DRK might be worse.
By Tedril 2010-11-25 13:14:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
notice I said tanking, not dmg mitigation. PLD still trumps all jobs on dmg mitigation. its the hate they have problems with. To tank you need to be the enemy's target. Giving MNK an enhanced chi blast with double the enmity of voke - nothing is wrong with that whatsoever...
Not really.
/rolleyes

PLD will never die, only adapt, PLD will be the tank of the future once we solve the damage crisis. However monk makes quite the tank when the situation permits, there will many new creatures untankable by mnk/sam/nin/war in the future that I am sure of... as far as inexperienced linkshells, EVERY linkshell on alexander uses PLDs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-25 13:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Inexperienced server.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-25 17:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:

In damage mitigation? Most jobs can cap 50%-PDT, PLD's placebo shield (which never for the life of me procs when you want it to) isn't enough to beat the 30 second recast of Third Eye. PLD doesn't trump many jobs in anything.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-25 17:29:05
Link | Citer | R

The job with the best damage mitigation is RDM/BLU.

EDIT: Suppose I should clarify, that's pure reduction. RDM/NIN may reduce more overall.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-25 17:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
The job with the best damage mitigation is RDM/BLU.

EDIT: Suppose I should clarify, that's pure reduction. RDM/NIN may reduce more overall.

Oh how I love you
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-11-25 18:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Just throwing it out there. PLD w/ empyrean sword or gsword. I just need some vnm's and i'll have torcleaver, still working on coins for sword. I saw a PLD with empyrean sword in abyssea and he really owned a lot of stuff solo. I simply don't use my PLD b/c i'm the red !! proc person when we nm hunt with my war. I prefer a nin or pld on the nm doing small amounts of damage while we proc all the !! we need versus a mnk pounding on it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-25 23:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Nobody here said nin was dead. Nin is awesomesauce now. if you need to hold the mob for prolonged times use nin while ppl proc !!s then it can swap to DD mode and wreck ***.

This doesn't make pld worthwhile, lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-25 23:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
nin... doing small amounts of damage
wut

If you need somebody to hold a NM for procs with minimal DPS involved, you should probably be using a RDM, BLU, or DNC since they can easily tank without DPSing and have other useful benefits (as opposed to PLD). NIN is not a low-damage job.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-11-25 23:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
nin... doing small amounts of damage
wut If you need somebody to hold a NM for procs with minimal DPS involved, you should probably be using a RDM, BLU, or DNC since they can easily tank without DPSing and have other useful benefits (as opposed to PLD). NIN is not a low-damage job.

Perhaps ideally yes, but I don't have much access to those jobs. We usually have 2 nin's and they hold the nm while they and myself cycle thru ws.
 Shiva.Cybermario
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2010-12-05 13:01:23
Link | Citer | R

i call my tantra hose "the funky pants" they looks like 70's pants to me hahaha