Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
 Titan.Tasios
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Tasios
By Titan.Tasios 2010-11-09 12:24:38
Link | Citer | R

I preordered mine about 2 months ago for 360. Anyone else planning on picking it up next Tuesday?

Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-09 12:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Tasios said:
I preordered mine about 2 months ago for 360. Anyone else planning on picking it up next Tuesday?

I'm downloading the demo as we speak, I really hope with the new developer that the NFS series can return to the glory days, the original hot pursuit for ps1 was great fun.
 Titan.Tasios
Serveur: Titan
user: Tasios
By Titan.Tasios 2010-11-09 12:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Titan.Tasios said:

I'm downloading the demo as we speak, I really hope with the new developer that the NFS series can return to the glory days, the original hot pursuit for ps1 was great fun.

No joke it was. I still have my Hot Pursuit for PS1, along with a few other NFS titles. I pretty much got turned off around Underground, mostly because of having to add all that stuff to the car that doesn't appeal to me to get higher rep points. I did pick up Undercover and Most wanted when I got my 360. Those were fun titles. I like the fact that now you can play a whole career as a cop or racer and the game uploads your ghost lap so your friends can play you when you aren't online.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-09 12:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Tasios said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Titan.Tasios said:
No joke it was. I still have my Hot Pursuit for PS1, along with a few other NFS titles. I pretty much got turned off around Underground, mostly because of having to add all that stuff to the car that doesn't appeal to me to get higher rep points. I did pick up Undercover and Most wanted when I got my 360. Those were fun titles. I like the fact that now you can play a whole career as a cop or racer and the game uploads your ghost lap so your friends can play you when you aren't online.

Word. I felt they lost it after NFS 3 or whatever the third installment was called, I think it was the next one after hot pursuit, like you say with trying to make it into a movie so to speak with plotlines and characters, cars mods etc. Whatever happened to the simple flatout racing with great cars on great challenging courses that had a personality, not racing around a city for the entire game.

I still have NFSII SE on pc, one of the best and most enjoyable racing games I've ever played!
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-09 12:47:06
Link | Citer | R

I started playing NFS at Underground 2, then played Most Wanted and Carbon. I haven't played any others. I think I'll pick this one up also, looks pretty fun.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-09 12:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I started playing NFS at Underground 2, then played Most Wanted and Carbon. I haven't played any others. I think I'll pick this one up also, looks pretty fun.

If you ever get a chance, play the original 3, less quantity more quality.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-09 13:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Play a real racing game, not this arcade crap!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-09 13:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
If those are the only NFS games you ever knew, then you really did miss out.. Although I can't suggest you go back and play the first ones, because I find it very hard to get into a fast paced game that old (I can play RPGs that old, that's about it) but not because of graphics or anything, it's just games that old tend to not have real life physics, like Cruisin' USA or something... Just feels soo.... Cheap.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-09 13:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2010-11-09 13:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 was the last NFS game I liked (Before SHIFT) I checked the demo out for this recently and had the massive feeling something was missing - but I couldn't put my finger on what.

I'm going to pick it up anyway, tidy me over until Gran Turismo 5.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-09 13:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
If those are the only NFS games you ever knew, then you really did miss out.. Although I can't suggest you go back and play the first ones, because I find it very hard to get into a fast paced game that old (I can play RPGs that old, that's about it) but not because of graphics or anything, it's just games that old tend to not have real life physics, like Cruisin' USA or something... Just feels soo.... Cheap.
NFS seems to be going to Madden route. They release yearly titles with some added features improving upon the last ever so slightly. I really don't think I missed out on that much. However, if I'm wrong, please let me know what I've missed out on on the previous titles! :D

My old roommate bought the NFS for 360 that was strictly track racing. It looked rather boring and I just haven't had interest in NFS since Carbon. I also didn't pay attention to NFS until I bought my Xbox and Underground 2 was out at the time. Just some backstory.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-09 13:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Racing games are my favorite genre but NFS has some dodgy *** steering mechanics. I mean, you can take 90• Degree corners flat out without braking.... Not quite right there!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-09 13:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Mario Kart and Diddy Kong racing are the only racers I like.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-09 13:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I remember this racing game for the Gameboy where you could link 4 of them together and play. That was a fun game ;)

oshi~

Wow this game has not aged well at all. Funny how it seemed better than it really was.
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Serveur: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-11-09 13:30:40
Link | Citer | R

I guess i'm one of the few here that really enjoyed Underground2. That was probably my favorite. It had just about everything that Gran Turismo or Forza had, as far as customization, but was arcade racing instead of simulation. It just came down to getting bored with the original NFS games because i was just racing, nothing to add flavor to the game.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-09 13:31:31
Link | Citer | R

And let's not forget no matter how fast you r your car is the AI will always be faster.

/troll off
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-09 13:32:19
Link | Citer | R

No you arn't the only one Bouncingflea... that's the reason I bought Most Wanted and Carbon after. They were all relatively similar and just as fun to me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-09 13:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I remember this racing game for the Gameboy where you could link 4 of them together and play. That was a fun game ;)

oshi~

Wow this game has not aged well at all. Funny how it seemed better than it really was.

Lol I had that.

When other kids were playing sports in primary school, I was one of the nerdy kids playing pokemon and stuff like that.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-11-09 13:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Criterion did Burnout Paradise which was jam packed with awesome, I imagine this will be buckets of fun as well if you're into racing games.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-11-09 15:42:22
Link | Citer | R

I did enjoy most of the NFS games, but they have changed a lot in scope and concept over the years. My favourites would tend to be NFS Underground or NFS Shift, because of the variety of racing and cars. Some people felt the whole "chase aspect" was integral to the series and was left out in some editions, but I never really felt the NFS franchise developed a real "identity" in the first place, to be honest.

As for Dirtyfinger's gripes about it, for certain the franchise is firmly entrenched in the "arcade" type of racing game (as opposed to the high-falutin' "sim" type of racing simulation) but it still can be enjoyable, and I did find NFS Shift a lot of fun even if the cars didn't handle in quite realistic fashions. I liked Test Drive Unlimited for that reason also, that it offered two modes of play (an "arcade" style default and a super-technical "hardcore mode".)

That being said, I do enjoy all the shades of grey in between the two extremes, with titles like GRID, Race 07, or Gran Turismo so hopefully the new Hot Pursuit will be fun.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-09 16:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Was Forza the good one on 360 too..or am I thinking something else?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-09 16:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:

You are thinking of something else, Forza is so bad it lacks any sense of feel, is unresponsive and no sense of speed at all. If you want an accurate racing sim with real racing mechanics and precision driving, play TOCA race driver 2 on pc. It is honestly the best racing sim I have ever played and I consider myself somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to racing games, I play online with a wheel and pedals now and again and it's so precise I've taken races by as little as 0.01 seconds.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-09 16:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
NFS seems to be going to Madden route. They release yearly titles with some added features improving upon the last ever so slightly. I really don't think I missed out on that much. However, if I'm wrong, please let me know what I've missed out on on the previous titles! :D

My old roommate bought the NFS for 360 that was strictly track racing. It looked rather boring and I just haven't had interest in NFS since Carbon. I also didn't pay attention to NFS until I bought my Xbox and Underground 2 was out at the time. Just some backstory.
I couldn't really tell you what exactly it is.. The games back then just felt better, more revolutionary for their time I suppose..

I've played every single NFS (Midnight Club is still my all time favorite racing game though) and they just started losing their appeal, it's hard to actually put my finger on why, I didn't tire of racing games, because I found others that I loved while I was just unable to get into the latest NFS..

The last NFS I was actually able to get into, was NFSU, after that, it felt like they were taking steps backwards every installment, rather then progressing... Shift however, captured my attention quite well, it was definitely a step in the right direction.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-11-16 01:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:

You are thinking of something else, Forza is so bad it lacks any sense of feel, is unresponsive and no sense of speed at all. If you want an accurate racing sim with real racing mechanics and precision driving, play TOCA race driver 2 on pc. It is honestly the best racing sim I have ever played and I consider myself somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to racing games, I play online with a wheel and pedals now and again and it's so precise I've taken races by as little as 0.01 seconds.

Wow, I think that's genuinely the first time I've ever heard someone badmouth Forza so bad. That's really surprising. Forza 3 was an incredibly well put together game and was a lot of fun. I really don't agree with your criticism at all, but to each their own I guess.

As for Hot Pursuit, the demo was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to release tomorrow. The wrecks are crazy over the top but it's pretty entertaining to watch. Hoping the online play is fun, just wish more friends would pick this up. I need more people to compete with on autolog!