Forum » FFXI » General » AF +1 upgrade / AF Quest Question
AF +1 upgrade / AF Quest Question
 Fairy.Bigimus
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-02-11 13:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Hello ppls, i have a question about upgrading some AF +1, if i trade the items and the AF piece to the NPC, can i turn around and go straight to the NPC that lets you redoin the AF Quest? Or do i have to wait till i pick up my AF +1 in order to do that?
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-11 13:06:07
Link | Citer | R

You can re-quest it right away. But as far as I know, you can only re-quest any of the AF once. So I'd make sure you have all of the AF+1 you want before you do the re-quest.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-02-11 13:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Ok thanks.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-02-11 13:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Sorry another question, would i need to do them all over again even if its just a couple pieces i want upgraded?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-11 13:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Bigimus said:
Sorry another question, would i need to do them all over again even if its just a couple pieces i want upgraded?

You would need to do them as if it was the first time of getting them.

eg. To get the Dark Spark pieces, you'd need to do the first quest to unlock this quest.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-02-11 13:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Say i wanted to do another AF set, would i still need to drop and redo the complete set of the previous one or if i just do the ones i need will that be ok also?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-11 13:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Bigimus said:
Say i wanted to do another AF set, would i still need to drop and redo the complete set of the previous one or if i just do the ones i need will that be ok also?

Providing one of the items that you weren't upgrading wasn't one of the first in the line of quests, then it should be no problem. Let's take Ranger for example. The first quested item is the Legs. If you don't upgrade the legs, you would need to toss your original pair and complete the quest in order to re-obtain the other pieces. However, if you weren't upgrading the Socks and didn't want to do the quest, you wouldn't have to as its quest is not a prerequisite.

I am confusing, I'm so sorry, I'm not sure how to word it, lol.
 Fairy.Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-02-11 14:00:11
Link | Citer | R

No lol actually makes sense lol thanks for the help ^^