Forum » FFXI » General » Script Folders
Script Folders
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-07 01:27:19
Link | Citer | R

My Scripts are getting quite disorganized... I was curious how you would put them in folders that go with jobs or w/e but then how would you do it in a macro?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-07 01:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
My Scripts are getting quite disorganized... I was curious how you would put them in folders that go with jobs or w/e but then how would you do it in a macro?

This is how.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-07 01:34:55
Link | Citer | R

I'll read it, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-07 01:36:02
Link | Citer | R

np.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-07 01:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Hey a thing I've always been wondering about is how to change a macro after hitting enter on a <stal>.

Example. When I cast cure I have

/console exec Rdm/cure.txt
/ma "Cure IV" <stal>

what I want to be able to do is have it, after I hit enter, change back to my idle gear. Anyone know of anyway to do this?

And yeah, I know... Spell cast... but I just dont want to deal with spell cast. Q.Q I have yet to find an A to Z spell cast that is updated to fit the newest version.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-11-07 02:33:14
Link | Citer | R

You could add a delay after the the cast.
//exec RDM/cure.txt
/ma "Cure IV" <stal>
/wait 2 (3?4? idk how long)
//exec RDM/idle.txt

However spellcast would be the best way for a mage job.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-07 03:01:08
Link | Citer | R

I do it as the above for my rdm (in fact my cure macro is almost exactly the same as Nex just typed out). However for my blu, because I cure myself more than others I do it a little differently. My max cure potency build on blu has quite a lot less HP than my tp build, so if I'm 300 HP from full, and I cure with max potency, I'm still going to be a ways off full HP thanks to gear swaps.

So my macro is more like this:

//exec curelight.txt
/ma "Magic Fruit" <stpt>
/ma oops <stpt>
//exec curefull.txt

What this does; curelight is just a few extra pieces of MND gear that gives me the highest possible MND without dropping my HP from my tp build. /ma magic fruit obviously activates the spell, then the next line "/ma oops <stpt>" is basically like an optional break in the macro. It gives me another sub target, if I hit escape, the macro cancels at that point, but if I hit enter, it gives me an error message that oops isn't a valid spell, and then continues on to equip my curefull.txt, which is my absolute max potency cure build.

Not sure if I explained it very well, I know I've tried to tell people about this before and it's confused them. However I use it for a number of different macros, as it basically just allows me to put two different gear builds into the one macro.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-07 14:17:01
Link | Citer | R

The only problem I have with that is when I hit it, expecting to cure someone soon and before I hit enter it changes back to idle. I guess I'd have to use spellcast but like I said I can't find a guide that explains A to Z. If anyone has one that'd be cool. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-07 15:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said:

The only problem I have with that is when I hit it, expecting to cure someone soon and before I hit enter it changes back to idle.

Your "wait" is too low. You need to set it higher so that it allows you to have more time to select your target for curing. Play around with the wait delays etc.

Phoenix.Shiomi said:

I guess I'd have to use spellcast but like I said I can't find a guide that explains A to Z. If anyone has one that'd be cool. :)

Spellcast is the best way to go, yes.

It's not that complicated actually.

If you're just starting,

You could take a look at other people's xmls and quickly figure out how most of the things work. The syntax is fairly simple too, in my opinion.

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
I have yet to find an A to Z spell cast that is updated to fit the newest version.

The link I posted above for user submitted xmls... has xmls for older spellcast versions and for the newer spellcast versions.

Still, if you find one that you like that is for the older version, it doesn't really matter because you can just upgrade the format/syntax so that it can work with newer versions of spellcast.

This tool is great for upgrading your old 2.x code/format xml files to 2.30+ format (it also formats and aligns everything nicely for you):

http://windower.net/plugins/spellcastupdatexml.php
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-07 15:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but when I look at that stuff it doesn't make sense to me at all. Like how do I make all that stuff work with my spells and crap? :\

What files do you think are best for THF and RDM?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-07 15:46:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
Yeah, but when I look at that stuff it doesn't make sense to me at all. Like how do I make all that stuff work with my spells and crap? :\

What files do you think are best for THF and RDM?

Sorry, but I just don't have the time to hold your hand and give you a tutorial on spellcast xmls.

The information you need is all there in the windower website and forums. You could also search for information with Google etc.

It's really not that hard, just take a look at those user submitted XMLs from the link I posted.

I'll help you a bit more though:

The following is a pretty decent tutorial/guide for spellcast XMLs:

http://forums.windower.net/topic/12740-spell-cast-xml-templates/

The guide in the link above is a bit old; therefore, it uses the older format/syntax...but it can give you a pretty good idea on how to make spellcast XMLs. Additionally the format/syntax in the newer versions of spellcast is not that much different from the older versions. And you can always use the format upgrader to upgrade your old files to the new format/syntax for newer spellcast versions.

You can always ask for help and support in the windower forums too. They have a section specifically dedicated for SpellCast support.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-07 16:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
You could add a delay after the the cast.
//exec RDM/cure.txt
/ma "Cure IV" <stal>
/wait 2 (3?4? idk how long)
//exec RDM/idle.txt

However spellcast would be the best way for a mage job.

I did this for years, and it works great.
Recently moved over to spellcast, and it works even better :p