Forum » FFXI » General » Chibicat is a RMT
Chibicat is a RMT
 Carbuncle.Buro
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: buro
By Carbuncle.Buro 2009-02-09 10:01:39
Link | Citer | R

for some reason you cant look up Chibicat buy info on ah search but if u look i got items that sell to npc more than ah she is there exp :Sparkling Stone, Pearl, Colibri Feather x12, Phoenix Feather, and more with spells and weapond
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-09 10:04:01
Link | Citer | R

nvm saw they did use ah.

You can set the number of items to be shown on the account.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-09 10:07:04
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=507316

We have a player doing exactly that on Garuda (Click the above link.)

They basically buy anything on the Auction House cheaper than they vendor for, and then sell them to vendors. Sometimes the profit is as miniscule as 10g, but it adds up if done in bulk, which our version clearly does. What makes it irritating is that they're literally buying items twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. Implies they're using a bot to achieve it.

I've submitted their name to the STF many times, as have other people too, but nothing has happened yet. I'd encourage you to submit this person's name as well if they're doing this, because it certainly is very suspiscious behaviour. The STF might not do anything, but they have to follow complaints through, so they'll at least have this player on file.

The idea itself is quite genious, I used to play middle man with Silver <=> Gold Pieces in Nashmau, but I was always at my computer doing something else whilst waiting for them to sell. Oreore just literally sits in Upper Jeuno forever, constantly buying items. Some of his purchase times on items in an entirely different category have been seconds apart too. If the same can be said for Chibicat as can be said about Oreore, then I would definitely submit their name.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-09 10:14:34
Link | Citer | R

Anyways my real comment lol:

I think they dont get banned for it is because they are buying different items instead of just one. If they kept buying the same item over and over it would look like rmt of course to SE. Since they buy different things it just looks like they buy random junk. I thought they lowered the vendor buy price?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-09 10:18:04
Link | Citer | R

They lowered the prices on some items. These characters are literally buying anything that can be bought for less than it sells to an NPC for. Even if they only make 1g, they buy them. They can't lower the vendor price for everything, would have way too big implications if they did.

I wouldn't think buying different items would make a difference. How many characters buy things off the auction houses constantly all day long? Even players in end-game shells that play for long periods of time couldn't do this.

There must be something more to it obviously. I am very surprised Oreore is still around, considering he's been doing this now for nearly a year and a half.
 Fairy.Bigboy
Serveur: Fairy
user: bigboy
By Fairy.Bigboy 2009-02-09 10:24:40
Link | Citer | R

i used to do this and its a good idea tbh. log on, check AH for certain items, buy + sell it instant 1k~50k profit for like 2 mins checking AH. funded some off my Blau doing that
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-09 10:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Isn't it kinda the same idea to buy low from vendor and sell it on ah? I see ppl do that for songs and spells all the time and they make like 2k off a spell that sells for lower from a vendor.

Its the ppl who make the stuff like that happen, if you go sell an item for less than the price it usually sells for, they buy it low of course. and you see it rise back up and so they resell sometimes at a higher price since ppl raise it later.

I know ppl want to sell their items fast so they lower it way below just for the gil fast, so it causes this to happen.

If I had the time to do it, I probably would do it too.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-09 10:31:28
Link | Citer | R

The idea itself is genious, I agree with you on that :)

When people like you and me do it, nobody bats an eyelid because we're having minimal impact or we're only doing it for short periods of time. I'm speaking for myself there, of course, I get bored very easily doing something like that. Whenever I used to convert coins in Nashmau for the profit, I'd do it for a couple of hours whilst playing on an emulator or something before I got too bored.

The real problem lies with how they're doing it. All signs point to bots, unfortunately. It could be a character controlled by multiple people, but this wouldn't explain how purchases are made a couple of seconds apart in different categories. They'd have to load the different categories up, make their bid, etc. There's no way this can be done so quickly.

As somebody rightly says on Oreore's profile, they wouldn't be able to do this if people didn't put the items up below the vendor price. Though why anybody would sell something on the Auction House and pay the selling commision, when you get more for it from a vendor, beats me.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-09 10:49:01
Link | Citer | R

I still don't get the point of such thread, saying this dude or this dude is a RMT ? People are just stating the obvious. Instead of wasting time posting here (like I'm doing now), you should just report that to STF. Yeah they prolly don't do ***, unless dozen of players reports the same RMT I guess, still better than posting on ffxiah board.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-09 10:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Well its because some people don't understand what they are doing and so they post here. Maybe they already have reported and want some info or just letting ppl know about that character for others to report him too.
 Carbuncle.Buro
user: buro
By Carbuncle.Buro 2009-02-09 10:58:26
Link | Citer | R

what i said was that Chibicat buy from AH at 1k item and sell to npc but wen you try to look at her AH history you cant find any records of Sparkling Stone, Pearl, Colibri Feather x12, Phoenix Feather,
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-09 11:00:45
Link | Citer | R

Chibicat from Carbuncle, see I knew my 1st post was correct on comment lol

It's the Chibicat on Carbuncle obviously, I checked and what they did is they set the visible transactions to 0 on their account on ffxiah.com so you can't see it.
 Alexander.Wika
Serveur: Alexander
user: Wika
By Alexander.Wika 2009-02-09 12:12:50
Link | Citer | R

There will always be RMT that do this, no matter if they're banned or not... If people want to be morons and put items for sale for cheaper than it NPCs, sucks for them. There's a player on Alexander named Ashroom that has been doing this for a year or longer. STFU won't do anything about it because in reality, they're not doing anything wrong. Sure you think they bot that AH, no way to prove it though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting RMT or anything, lol. Just trying to tell you not to waste your time reporting them because it's not against PoL rules to NPC items.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-09 12:40:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

It's worth reporting them for an investigation until they can be caught botting. Technically there is nothing wrong with buying cheap and selling high from people dumb enough to sell something cheaper than what a vendor takes for it. Unfortunately this is the GM mentality for 2005. Back when RMT pretty much ruled the game and all SE had to say is "Well, they're doing nothing wrong by playing 24/7".

Who knows, maybe we'll have to settle for catching them doing the small things. Similar to Al Capone being responsible for countless serious crimes but only getting stuck with the charge of tax evasion lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-10 18:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Do you honestly spend time browsing AH and investigate who bought what when, take notes of time and date to see if they could or couldn't have bought the items without beeing a bot?