Just.... /sigh....

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Just.... /sigh....
Just.... /sigh....
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-11-05 11:22:08
Link | Citer | R

You know it's funny, CFH apparantly happens all the time but for a long time I didn't even realise that you could call for help from the menu and had no problem hitting disengage.

I've never called for help on a mob by accident but the reactions on that dude were a bit harsh, I very much doubt he did that on purpose and probably already felt like crap for doing it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-11-05 11:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Lol go get another pop set, it takes 15 mins, I would be more upset about Kirin and thats buyable.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-11-05 12:21:16
Link | Citer | R

All I can say is..at least he admitted it <_< most people would've stayed quiet and hoped no one scrolled up
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-05 12:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Lol go get another pop set, it takes 15 mins, I would be more upset about Kirin and thats buyable.
Can't be *** reading this whole thread, but this comment is dumb. Half the pop set comes from an NM that has a one hour respawn, then of course you have to go through the elemental ws's to ensure you get the key item. That's hardly 15 minutes to get a new pop.
 Asura.Kresaera
Serveur: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-06 23:56:20
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I just watched this NM get killed by Dae and his friend and it was not an easy fight. I understand them being upset and even more upset at his reaction, but obviously he told someone since someone else said 'he meant to {Disengage}' and not him.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-11-07 01:01:28
Link | Citer | R

I don't know anyone involved, or know how well they know each other, or anything. But isn't analyzing how he admitted it taking it a little too far? One possible explanation is that he was on skype or vent or something and already people were screaming "who did that?" Another is that the question - which was probably asked at least once by almost everyone there - was already asked in chatlog, but it's not in the pic. You might have noticed a little evidence of some shooping if you look close. Another is that he could have been anticipating the inevitable "who the *** did that?" and just owned up to it. Same with the apparent lack of apology. Some cropped all to ***picture doesn't really assure me that he never said, "wow, I messed up - REALLY sorry everyone!!"

And as far as ***happening - it does. Maybe it's just me and the people I play with, but I think a better reaction would totally include a ***ton of taunting, some lolz, and trying again some other time. Putting it out there for everyone to see? I dunno - the lack of class I guess is made up for with all the extra butthurt.

When something stupid happens, a lot of people completely forget that they've ever made mistakes. And yeah, it sucks, but what are you going to do? A million *** ffxiah forum posts won't undo it. Instead of cropping screenshots and looking around for some e-hugs and awwwwwwws, could have been farming pop items. Or, the time could have been spent laughing about it. Cause again - how did this make anything better for anyone?

Unless no one here's ever accidentally -ga'ed something when surrounded by mobs. Or engaged the wrong mob. Or tried to cast ichi over ni. Or steel cycloned when they meant to raging rush. Or Cure IV'd someone who had already been cured to full. Or teleported to Holla instead of Mea. Or typed /shutdown instead of /logout. Or any number of silly things. The game remains a challenge. There's us vs them, but then there's us vs ourselves. Even anything less than absolutely perfect gear makes winning less likely, even if only a little. Obviously this mistake kinda ruined it. But what are you gonna do? Quit? Blacklist people? Slit your wrists? No - try again, durr. Deal with it, and drive on.

And try to have a little fun, too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-07 03:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
I don't know anyone involved, or know how well they know each other, or anything. But isn't analyzing how he admitted it taking it a little too far? One possible explanation is that he was on skype or vent or something and already people were screaming "who did that?" Another is that the question - which was probably asked at least once by almost everyone there - was already asked in chatlog, but it's not in the pic. You might have noticed a little evidence of some shooping if you look close. Another is that he could have been anticipating the inevitable "who the *** did that?" and just owned up to it. Same with the apparent lack of apology. Some cropped all to ***picture doesn't really assure me that he never said, "wow, I messed up - REALLY sorry everyone!!"

And as far as ***happening - it does. Maybe it's just me and the people I play with, but I think a better reaction would totally include a ***ton of taunting, some lolz, and trying again some other time. Putting it out there for everyone to see? I dunno - the lack of class I guess is made up for with all the extra butthurt.

When something stupid happens, a lot of people completely forget that they've ever made mistakes. And yeah, it sucks, but what are you going to do? A million *** ffxiah forum posts won't undo it. Instead of cropping screenshots and looking around for some e-hugs and awwwwwwws, could have been farming pop items. Or, the time could have been spent laughing about it. Cause again - how did this make anything better for anyone?

Unless no one here's ever accidentally -ga'ed something when surrounded by mobs. Or engaged the wrong mob. Or tried to cast ichi over ni. Or steel cycloned when they meant to raging rush. Or Cure IV'd someone who had already been cured to full. Or teleported to Holla instead of Mea. Or typed /shutdown instead of /logout. Or any number of silly things. The game remains a challenge. There's us vs them, but then there's us vs ourselves. Even anything less than absolutely perfect gear makes winning less likely, even if only a little. Obviously this mistake kinda ruined it. But what are you gonna do? Quit? Blacklist people? Slit your wrists? No - try again, durr. Deal with it, and drive on.

And try to have a little fun, too.
I just find it ironic you talked about people over-analyzing things in the second *** sentence but still proceeded to write this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2010-11-07 03:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh shi- people not perfect. Don't get mayad OP.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-07 04:18:52
Link | Citer | R

wow, just wow.