Forum » FFXI » General » Samurai Maat advice
Samurai Maat advice
 Hades.Hiryo
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-02-08 14:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Alright i finally got a job high enough to take on the old man ;)

Just wondering, i heard that Samurai's Maat fight is relativly straight forward, the only thing is, what should i use to beat him, i've watched a few videos on Youtube and they have done various differnet WS orders, such as Gekko --> Yuki --> Gekko --> Yuki or.. Gekko x 2--> yuki --> Gekko, Does it really matter what i do?

Thanks in advance;

Hiryo~
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-08 14:37:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Firstly, don't panic. That's the reason I'm 1/5 on him.
Secondly be sure to skillchain him as much as possible, the extra damage from it is vital. This means doing Yuki > Gekko (Fragmentation) > Gekko (Distortion). Keep in mind he will 2 hour immediately as you do the same thing, and he has a tendency to use Shoulder Tackle which will stun you and make his own skillchain which can potentially screw up your own skillchain timers. So be sure to seigan third eye before you 2hr to absorb at least one of his WSes.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward, bring a few hi-pots in case you get dangerously low on HP, bring a good attack food to finish him off as quickly as you can and go from there. Good luck~
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Checo
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2009-02-08 14:38:54
Link | Citer | R

he should be dead after your 4th weapon skill, youll kill him in 30 seconds, 20 seconds from the walk to him, ten from the whooparse youll give him
 Odin.Clevistre
Serveur: Odin
user: IirroFoxx
By Odin.Clevistre 2009-02-08 14:39:08
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it matters just make sure to use Seigan and Third Eye. I've seen people get destroyed because they used Hasso instead. When I beat Maat I used Gekko-->Yuki-->Gekko-->Yuki-->Gekko and beat him with 78%hp left
 Valefor.Floyd
Serveur: Valefor
user: Floyd
By Valefor.Floyd 2009-02-08 14:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Hiryo said:
Alright i finally got a job high enough to take on the old man ;)

Just wondering, i heard that Samurai's Maat fight is relativly straight forward, the only thing is, what should i use to beat him, i've watched a few videos on Youtube and they have done various differnet WS orders, such as Gekko --> Yuki --> Gekko --> Yuki or.. Gekko x 2--> yuki --> Gekko, Does it really matter what i do?

Thanks in advance;

Hiryo~

Like you said, it's very straight forward in comparison to other Maat fights
A general breakdown of this fight would look like this:
Enter, med, wait for recast.

The whole Seigan/hasso addition should make this even easier then it was years ago; so pop seigan/TE[third eye] and when TE is around 15secs run in and engage.
After 2 hits or so, pop Sekka, med, and ws him to death{recommended would be gekko>yuki>gekko and repeat} using 2hr after those first 3 ws and popping TE as need be.

Only items i'd say you might want to bring would be an icarus wing. If Maat is still kicking around after you ws 3 times under your 2hr, pop the Ic wing and spam yuki or gekko.

Best of luck~
 Remora.Kindle
Serveur: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-08 16:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Go in Meditate 300 or 200 TP Yuk>gek>2hr>Kas Yuk>gek>done
 Odin.Clevistre
Serveur: Odin
user: IirroFoxx