Why Do I See Almost NO Corsairs?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Why do I see almost NO Corsairs?
Why do I see almost NO Corsairs?
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-19 20:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Contrary to popular belief, you are not capping attack as often as people believe.

And the attack delay roll is great if you arent using 2 handed DDs IE: NIN, MNK, THF.
[+]
 Asura.Railock
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-11-25 17:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Even if SE changed Corsair's Roll to work inside Abyssea, it would only benefit one party rather than an entire alliance.

I think COR is still pretty useful inside Abyssea, from watching CORs from my LS for a while now, at least they're still very useful for BLM parties(Evoker's Roll and Wizard's Roll), RNG parties(Hunter's Roll and Chaos Roll), since certain NM's you'll want more ranged damage than full-on zerg. Light sleeps help on mobs who resist dark sleeps while BRDs are buffing the parties.

Sometimes COR can fit the bill if a BRD isn't available, but I do wish they had rolls that would boost stats (STR, INT, MND, MP etc.) but that what we have Cruor Buffs for, outside Abyssea might make that too powerful I think.

Maybe COR might get a Triple Attack and a real haste-type roll before lvl99. With the whole new-found love for Crit hits thanks to Razed Ruins I'm rather surprised that a combo like Fighter's Roll and Rogue's Roll isn't popular yet... then again I'm not really a COR myself so I'm not seeing the big picture here.

Maybe SE would allow Quick Draw shots to help trigger yellow "!!" in Abyssea would earn us a slot, but people may QQ that "OMGNOEZ another wasted PT slot."

Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-25 17:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Railock said:

Maybe COR might get a Triple Attack and a real haste-type roll before lvl99. With the whole new-found love for Crit hits thanks to Razed Ruins I'm rather surprised that a combo like Fighter's Roll and Rogue's Roll isn't popular yet... then again I'm not really a COR myself so I'm not seeing the big picture here.

i think the whole RR thing with crit usually ends up with capped crit or something. dont take my word for it, though, i could be completely wrong
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-11-25 17:54:04
Link | Citer | R

There is no known cap for crit hit rate (Highest seen so far was something like 85-95%?) but crit hit damage bonus is capped at 50%.

ninja can theoretically hit 95% crit rate with razed ruins(30%) + Gnarled horn (20%) + Innin (30%) + dDex capped (15%). Throw in rogue's roll or crit rate+ gear and you should see 100% crit rate. I'm not sure if it has been tested, would be neat to see.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-25 19:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
There is no known cap for crit hit rate (Highest seen so far was something like 85-95%?) but crit hit damage bonus is capped at 50%.

ninja can theoretically hit 95% crit rate with razed ruins(30%) + Gnarled horn (20%) + Innin (30%) + dDex capped (15%). Throw in rogue's roll or crit rate+ gear and you should see 100% crit rate. I'm not sure if it has been tested, would be neat to see.

ok, i wasnt sure about it from what i read, thanks for clearing it up though
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-25 20:15:58
Link | Citer | R

What's a corsair?
 Leviathan.Lexington
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-11-25 20:43:05
Link | Citer | R

This is how I always felt after merit parties.

[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-25 20:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Lexington said:

How I felt after pulling merit parties. -.-
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-11-25 21:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Its an expensive job to play and generally most CORs are stupid and suck at the job.

They either are lazy, or slap on /WHM and try and play it like a BRD.

Shoot people. Don't be cheap.

No no no no no. /WHM Should never be situational to COR......EVER!!!!

If you're even told to go /whm somewhere, just don't go.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-25 21:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Its an expensive job to play and generally most CORs are stupid and suck at the job.

They either are lazy, or slap on /WHM and try and play it like a BRD.

Shoot people. Don't be cheap.

No no no no no. /WHM Should never be situational to COR......EVER!!!!

If you're even told to go /whm somewhere, just don't go.

Copy'd from long ago.
Quote:

COR/dd compared to a DD job sucks just as much as COR/mage compared to a mage job. I agree just as much as the next guy that popping out 2k slugs on mobs is fun but in endgame your DD's should be able to get enough dmg done w/o your help. COR/mage can really help out healers by keeping ppl capped HP/throwing out odd erases/-na spells, light shots and really just supporting the party. If your DD's really need your help killing that mob fine come /war but in the end it really wouldn't make all the more difference then coming /whm.

Basically if your party needs DD come DD but if it needs healing you better be going /mage.

Not about epeening WS's its about best supporting the party.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-11-25 21:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Today's endgame (Abyssea,WoE) has no need for it. Supportive DD, DNC, COR, BRD(Potentially, but never happens) can finally play their roles without dicking around. Abyssea was a godsend for these jobs and now the old school DDs are QQing.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-25 21:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Lexington said:
this is awsome
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-11-26 15:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I haven't picked up COR cause I've been busy busting down trial weapons for other jobs/too lazy to farm/craft bullets and upgrade equip. Kinda sad since I really loved the job almost as much as I love PUP, but I tried one abyssea pt on COR and was bored to ***. People were killing mobs before I could even get 50% tp for a WS...eventually got so bored I just told em I had to do something and logged outside of maw...lol
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-11-26 21:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Basically if your party needs DD come DD but if it needs healing you better be going /mage.

This ^

A lot of times extra cure/erase/-na/raise is way more useful
than extra dmg.

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Today's endgame (Abyssea,WoE) has no need for it. Supportive DD, DNC, COR, BRD(Potentially, but never happens) can finally play their roles without dicking around. Abyssea was a godsend for these jobs and now the old school DDs are QQing.

I still /WHM a lot in Abyssea, sometimes the pt setup just doesn't allow me to sub anything else that has no cure/raise/-na/erase. I enjoy heal/support as much as DDing anyways.

And what's fun about the job DNC is the support/heal side of the job.
[+]
By zwjl 2010-11-26 23:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I tried one abyssea pt on COR and was bored to ***. People were killing mobs before I could even get 50% tp for a WS...eventually got so bored I just told em I had to do something and logged outside of maw...lol

Then you're doing it wrong. You should be TPing very close, if not, just as fast as all the other DDs. Your WS prolly wont do as much (which honestly isn't the case in most pick up parties and since you left so easily I assume that's exactly what it was. People are so gimp in pick up parties), however I have never had an issue keeping up volume wise (with a few exceptions of very well geared WS spam players.)

Were you meleeing or shooting for TP?
 Asura.Railock
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-12-01 16:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh Hai:

Triple Shot (COR Lv.87 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
Occasionally uses three units of ammunition to deal extra damage.

Tactician's Roll (COR Lv.86)
Grants a Regain effect to party members within area of effect. Lucky Number: 5. Unlucky Number: 8. *

*From 12/01/10 Upcoming version update notes.

I know, I know, in Abyssea there's the regain atma, but for events outside... that's pretty nice.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
Serveur: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-12-02 16:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Tactician's Roll (COR Lv.86)
Grants a Regain effect to party members within area of effect. Lucky Number: 5. Unlucky Number: 8. *

*From 12/01/10 Upcoming version update notes.

I know, I know, in Abyssea there's the regain atma, but for events outside... that's pretty nice.

Hopefully it's stronger then the summoner's roll boost (which I feel like it wont be), or else I can only see this being particularly useful in faster weakness trigger procing and outside of Abyssea fights. Else, you'd be better suited to simply use Samurai's Roll if you were worried about faster TP gain.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-18 12:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

This ^

A lot of times extra cure/erase/-na/raise is way more useful
than extra dmg.

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:

I still /WHM a lot in Abyssea, sometimes the pt setup just doesn't allow me to sub anything else that has no cure/raise/-na/erase. I enjoy heal/support as much as DDing anyways.

And what's fun about the job DNC is the support/heal side of the job.

Well, not going to lie: I've been running around /WHM since after the update. Mainly because ive been lazy in leveling my subs. And after not getting Velocity shot,my /rng seems less appealing. The only thing I like about /WHM is free reraise. An maybe tele-dem, just incase ***goes down I can peace out without using my conquest points...