Ranged attacks
 Bahamut.Reeve
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-02-08 06:37:51
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone,
I've got to see if this just happens to me or if it happens to other players too.

I'm a 75 RNG and from level 1 - 75 I've always had a ranged atack issue. You go to pull or use a Ranged attack, you can almost see the xbow bolt or arrow about to fly! But then...

"You move and interrupt your aim"

I thought it might be an over sensitive control pad, so I bought a new one, still get the same problem. And I know im not moving when I'm not pulling, because I usually stay in the same spot and use my Ranged attack macro. So, does anyone else have this problem?
 Asura.Kairyu
Serveur: Asura
user: kairyu
By Asura.Kairyu 2009-02-08 08:04:36
Link | Citer | R

I wouuld assume what your experiencing is due to the fact that theres like a 1-2 second lag from the client side of the server. You can stop moving and pull out a ranged attack, but because it takes a few seconds for the data to be sent and processed on the admin side of the server, it registers it as you still moving when you've pulled your xbow out. All you can really do is try waiting about 1-2 seconds from the time you stop to the time you execute your ranged attack.

Or I could be completly wrong, I have no idea XD
 Fairy.Tyson
Serveur: Fairy
user:
By Fairy.Tyson 2009-02-08 08:41:18
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Kairyu said:
I wouuld assume what your experiencing is due to the fact that theres like a 1-2 second lag from the client side of the server. You can stop moving and pull out a ranged attack, but because it takes a few seconds for the data to be sent and processed on the admin side of the server, it registers it as you still moving when you've pulled your xbow out. All you can really do is try waiting about 1-2 seconds from the time you stop to the time you execute your ranged attack.

This is correct.
 Bahamut.Reeve
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-02-08 10:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for clearing that up :) It makes sence now
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-08 10:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Tyson said:
Kairyu said:
This is correct.

It's a right pain though, the time delay seems to have increased for me recently, running up to a mob and casting flash while standing still just to have it interupt for apparently no reason is really annoying lol

I've had the same thing happen with casting other spells as well. Never used to experiance it as much as recently.
 Valefor.Mithano
Serveur: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-02-08 11:38:37
Link | Citer | R

I've personally found that internet connection makes a huge difference for things like interuption. Make sure you're at the best you can manage, and PC (if you're on PC) isn't running extra apps, etc.
 Shiva.Demiomega
Serveur: Shiva
user: Demiomega
By Shiva.Demiomega 2009-02-08 12:39:03
Link | Citer | R

correct, i also am a 75 rng and at the start of my job (4years ago) i was on dial up connection. man was it bad for lag, now on DSL i basicly stop wait .5 sec hit macro. its really all about your connection, PC's stats and how well POL is running for everyone in general. like ive noticed back when the AH was having issues loading all items i had more lag and wait times. but yes its not your controller or macro. if you have too much trouble with this try this macro;

/p (Fishing) <t> (Please assist.)
/wait 1
/ra <t>

that should fix up anything :p