Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Vbhuj
Vbhuj
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-22 17:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Not everyone here reads BG, so for those interested, here's a strat I picked up from BG, for you to solo the NM needed.

Now, I just tried this for the first time today, with only 1 fanatic's (need fanatic's drink and fanatic's powder), and still got it to 40%.

I used berserker and stalwarts drinks > Sekk (meditated 300 tp), fanatic's drink > 2hr > King's Justice > King's Justice > temp item wing > King's Justice > tp wing > king's justice > fanatic's drink wore off at about this time and I died pretty shortly afterward. Had meditate used and ready to do another raging rush, but didn't get it off, had it at 40%. With a fanatic's powder, I'd have been able to finish it off, possibly would have needed a revitalizer.

The fanatic's drink and some of the other key items can be bought from bastion (yes temp items carry over zone to zone as long as you exit/warp and don't time out). I think you need to get revit and fanatic powder however from gold chest (so if you exp a lot or something try to grab one and save it for the occasion).

Warrior is probably the shittiest of my DDs gearwise, has no gax merits, and this was done with Rune Chopper (Though I was using razed ruins)

[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 17:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Interresting. Bring 2 Warriors and you could probably take it down easily
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-22 17:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Pretty impressive.

How much less effective would it be with out Raized Ruin Atma? If you would have gotten that last WS off could you have finished it with support IE Rdm/whm/blm?

And if 1 war killed it to ~40% then 2 Wars should be able to do it without to many complications? Or would 2 make it to complicated to work the ws out?

~sorry for all the questions.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-22 17:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Well if they both have fanatics, neither should take any damage until it wears, so 2 would probably make it cake. As for razed ruins question, I'm not sure. I just got the atma last night and I was kinda playing around with it.

As for my 2nd atma, I only have shitty fabricated atma, so nothing impressive there. Atma of hero.

From 40%, taking like 4-6 ws to get there, definitely couldn't have been taken down with 1 more. Going to use a 2nd fanatics and a revit for my 2nd attempt. Should be able to take it down that way. As far as the support question goes. After my fanatic's wore off. It hit me 5-9 times before I died, more than 50% of them being critical hits, so I'd assume not.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-22 18:06:38
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking blm/whm for haste/Stun/and maybe 1 large nuke to help finish it off or MB if that's possible. Also has DS Cure4 if needed.

I might have to try this sometime..I have a buddy that would like the GA and hell im down to try anything once.

For anyone that doesn't know..Rdm Rdm Rdm is broken on this takes 15ish min. prolly less now that ppl have better Atma's, just stand inside of him and nuke away. Don't kite, Don't run, just stand in his Belly. People probably know this but I still thought i'd share.
 Hades.Eliane
Serveur: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-22 18:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Interesting. How would it go in scar areas? I know some NMs there (talking seal NMs) have a lot more HP than those in visions areas.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-22 18:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Eliane said:
Interesting. How would it go in scar areas? I know some NMs there (talking seal NMs) have a lot more HP than those in visions areas.
Tiger is talking aboot Minhocco(sp) that drops the Vbhuj and what it might take to solo it.

I don't have any idea if a similar strat could be used for Seal NM's or not.

@Tiger Btw did you guys have a hard time getting !! to "proc" on Giant for Raized Ruin Atma? I've heard some stories where it won't !! at all for Atma dropage. I don't wanna do the damn fight if we can't get this his lovely Atma.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-22 18:21:12
Link | Citer | R

2x RDM is an 8~ minute affair on Minhocao nowadays with my extremely mediocre Atma!

@Eliane: you could probably zerg down Heqet and Asanbosam this way I'd imagine. Probably the Colibri too. No real need though if you have a RDM friend since RDM + DRG can do all of the above.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-22 18:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
2x RDM is an 8~ minute affair on Minhocao nowadays with my extremely mediocre Atma! @Eliane: you could probably zerg down Heqet and Asanbosam this way I'd imagine. Probably the Colibri too. No real need though if you have a RDM friend since RDM + DRG can do all of the above.
!! Raen you are Drg (and so am I!!) and you are Rdm (and so AM I!!) wait how come we haven't done these yet?
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-22 18:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
2x RDM is an 8~ minute affair on Minhocao nowadays with my extremely mediocre Atma!

@Eliane: you could probably zerg down Heqet and Asanbosam this way I'd imagine. Probably the Colibri too. No real need though if you have a RDM friend since RDM + DRG can do all of the above.

I just ask cause its a good free shot at Heqet solo (if its up), key item and takes about, 5 minutes?

I suppose this method though would take a lot more preperation than just asking a RDM friend to come kill stuff with you, even Minahco you could probably just DD + RDM it now
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-22 18:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention it likely involves the use of Temp Items which, if from a gold box, mean that you can't repeat the method over and over and over again unless you're in a setup to rapidly reacquire said items.

I'd be a bit wary of DD + RDM on Minhocao. The TP moves really are the only dangerous thing about the fight (likewise all Sandworms, which is how people struggle against Glavoid etc with 18 but do him easily with 6).
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-22 18:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Not to mention it likely involves the use of Temp Items which, if from a gold box, mean that you can't repeat the method over and over and over again unless you're in a setup to rapidly reacquire said items.

I'd be a bit wary of DD + RDM on Minhocao. The TP moves really are the only dangerous thing about the fight (likewise all Sandworms, which is how people struggle against Glavoid etc with 18 but do him easily with 6).

MNK + RDM. 5/5 Penance (I think thats the chi blast one?), it really wont be TPing that much.

If you prepared i dont see why its not possible.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-22 18:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, MNK + RDM could probably handle anything it could throw at them, I will concede.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-22 19:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Hmm, MNK + RDM could probably handle anything it could throw at them, I will concede.

Let's go find out sometime >=S
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-10-22 20:00:26
Link | Citer | R

But why? It's almost obsolete now. I've had it since the first Abyssea update, and Vermeil bhuj has had a sweet ride, but for damage purposes it will be obsolete come December. The magian STR path beats it now(slightly), if fully upgraded, though the amnesia is still useful/easier to hit x-hit builds with. I'd rather see people work on their stupid magians than do this(myself included), but it is pretty cool that you can. Would be a hell of a sweet way to prep up for Glavoid if you're doing an Ukonvasara. I really need to get better atma...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-22 20:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Cause it takes about 30 minutes.

EDIT: That's including time to travel etc etc before anyone says WTF THE FIGHT TAKES 30 MINUTES
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 20:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
But why? It's almost obsolete now. I've had it since the first Abyssea update, and Vermeil bhuj has had a sweet ride, but for damage purposes it will be obsolete come December. The magian STR path beats it now(slightly), if fully upgraded, though the amnesia is still useful/easier to hit x-hit builds with. I'd rather see people work on their stupid magians than do this(myself included), but it is pretty cool that you can. Would be a hell of a sweet way to prep up for Glavoid if you're doing an Ukonvasara. I really need to get better atma...
It also drops the RNG RSE neck, which I heard is pretty good. And DRK can't use Magian GAX! :>
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-22 21:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Raen has a MNK now :D Also you should wave when I do, as bad as Dasva srsly
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-22 21:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Raen has a MNK now :D Also you should wave when I do, as bad as Dasva srsly

Huh? I should wave? o.o You're on bahamut? ._.
 Bahamut.Darrka
By Bahamut.Darrka 2010-10-22 21:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Yes!
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-22 21:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Darrka said:
Yes!

I had no idea. I'll make a note to keep an eye out now lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-22 22:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Hades.Eliane said:
Tiger is talking aboot Minhocco(sp) that drops the Vbhuj and what it might take to solo it.

I don't have any idea if a similar strat could be used for Seal NM's or not.

@Tiger Btw did you guys have a hard time getting !! to "proc" on Giant for Raized Ruin Atma? I've heard some stories where it won't !! at all for Atma dropage. I don't wanna do the damn fight if we can't get this his lovely Atma.

From what I hear, you can't proc !! while it is WS'ing and it's regular melee hits are counted as WS since they behave differently. Meaning you may have to try each WS multiple times.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-22 22:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:

War is a casual job for me, one of my least geared/played ones. I wouldn't touch magians with it with a 20 foot stick, which is why I'm still rocking rune chopper, till my next attempt on this.