users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Empress Band <> Emperor Band
Empress Band <> Emperor Band
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-02-07 01:27:05
Link | Citer | R

i wanna know if i can buy a Emperor Band if i drop my Empress?
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-07 01:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Cardinalgate said:

Pretty sure you can buy one as often as you want, provided you drop your old one first, since they are rare/ex.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-02-07 01:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Cardinalgate said:

Pretty sure you can buy one as often as you want, provided you drop your old one first, since they are rare/ex.

do i have to goto my home to get another cuz im nto able to get it in Jeuno
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
Serveur: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-02-07 01:35:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

If you buy one, drop it then buy another before next conquest tally, the timer stays the same
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-07 01:37:23
Link | Citer | R

All the XP rings are in the same group. I'm pretty sure if you have recharged or bought an XP ring during the current week and drop it, you can't buy another XP ring of any kind in the same week. I could be totally wrong tho haha.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-02-07 01:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Jeniffer said:
If you buy one, drop it then buy another before next conquest tally, the timer stays the same

what!!?
 Phoenix.Azuzu
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Azuzu
By Phoenix.Azuzu 2009-02-07 01:42:54
Link | Citer | R

jenniffer means you cant buy a ring use it once, drop it and buy another one to use right away. it will have full charges but the timer will be the same
 Bahamut.Memimi
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-07 01:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Also, you can only receive a charged band once a week. This means if you already charged your Empress this week, you will have to wait until after tally to get an Emperor even if you drop your Empress.

On a side note, if you party every day, like I do, you actually get more out of Empress than Emperor.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-07 04:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Memimi said:
Also, you can only receive a charged band once a week. This means if you already charged your Empress this week, you will have to wait until after tally to get an Emperor even if you drop your Empress. On a side note, if you party every day, like I do, you actually get more out of Empress than Emperor.

Yup this is correct. If you party 7 days a week go empress, if you dont party 6 days a week or more use emperor.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-02-07 08:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Which would be better for soloing?
 Gilgamesh.Nuada
user: Nuada
By Gilgamesh.Nuada 2009-02-07 09:23:17
Link | Citer | R

It depends how you level. Like it was said before, It may depend on how often you level.
You get 7 charges a week (7 X 1000)from empress but only 3 charges (3 X 2000)that last twice as long with the emperor.
Just try to log back in to pop your ring if you can even if you aren't going to level. For example I used my ring last nite at 5PM, timer resets 9AM. I log back on in the morning and pop the ring and log back out.
I can't really play at that time, I'm not going to level again till midnight. The reuse timer resets, but the charge stays active for the 3 or 4 hours only when you're logged in. Use it again at midnight and it's ready again at 4 PM. I only metion it because i've seen people that played for years and didnt realize it. For those have to play around a work schedule this comes in handy.
 Hades.Allegro
Serveur: Hades
user: Allegro
By Hades.Allegro 2009-02-07 11:27:19
Link | Citer | R

if you level more than a few times a week empress is better. if you only xp a few times a week emperor is better
 Remora.Devek
Serveur: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-02-07 11:45:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm thinking about dropping my emperor's band, getting an empress band, and then calling a GM and using my 1 time item recovery to get my emperor's band back.
 Siren.Anmorata
Serveur: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-07 13:03:39
Link | Citer | R

I like the Emperor band because I don't party every day, and its so much easier to double band (use last charge then recharge and use in the same day) with it.

but if you PT every day, Empress is better.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-07 15:00:50
Link | Citer | R

We all use the Empress Band in my LS, because we really never really know for sure how many static parties we're gonna have throughout the week. Some weeks it's only 1 or 2, other's could be every freaking day, depending on rl commitments and such...so we'd rather have the everyday band.

Plus, if we do know for sure that we are going to be partying after a break, we all always log on to pop it the night before...by the time we actually get rolling, it's already come due again, so as soon as it wears we just pop it again. As an added bonus, if you use it's last charge, you can renew it after the second pop and get another full band in, giving you three charges in one session. Not that it works out that way very often, but when it does it's nice ^^

Also, if you're not already aware, keep an eye out for the Adventurer Appreciation Event to come around (think it's like May?)...if you're character is "old" enough you can get a free Anniversary Band (which you can have in addition to an Emperor's/Empress), which gives you 10 charges of 100% Bonus to Exp, capping at 3000...plus the timer is only an hour, so you can pretty much repop it over and over til your charges are spent. Unfortunately you can't recharge them; when they're spent, you pitch it 'til next year ^^
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-07 15:20:01
Link | Citer | R

You can NOT buy or recharge a ring more then once a week. If you recharge it, you can not buy one in same week. If you drop and buy one, you can not recharge that one in same week. I've had this happen to me. I forgot i had recharged or bought one earlier in the week, i proceeded to drop one and tried to buy another, but couldn't. That pt sucked... lol
 Valefor.Redenius
Serveur: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-02-07 16:59:37
Link | Citer | R

If you do alot of endgame stuff during the week kind of hard to get exp party and use all 7 charges that week on Empress. Stick with the Emperor Band if you do alot of endgame work. Think about it for a min, it is 1k less exp but lets say you miss 3 days of exp on the Empress for that week well you just lost out on 3k exp thus Emperor would be best for you. If you don't have alot of endgame stuff going on or RL stuff and never miss a day of EXP then Empress if for you. But basicly you can toss out an old band for a new one as long as it's a new tally and you haven't bought a new one or recharged an old one.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-02-08 03:28:49
Link | Citer | R

this makes me sad