A Crafting Idea SE Should Implement.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » A Crafting Idea SE should implement.
A Crafting Idea SE should implement.
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-06 22:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Here is my idea:

In the trade window they should add a new button, 'Synth'.
STEP 1. Both people involved would start up a trade as normal.
STEP 2. Person A puts the synth materials into their side of the trade window, as an example we'll say 1 Wind Crystal, 2 Adaman Ingot, 1 Scintillant Ingot, 1 Wamoura Silk, and 1 Jacaranda Lumber.
STEP 3. Player A and Player B both click on 'Synth' as if they were both clicking 'Ok' on a Trade.
STEP 4. Player B automatically goes into the synthesis animation as per a regular synthesis.
STEP 5. Ding, synthesis is complete and a Thalassocrat +1 is made. The complete item is automatically put into the inventory of the player who provided the materials (Player A).

**At least 1 more slot in the trade window would have to be added for recipes with 8 ingredients. Maybe an extra slot that's a different color with the word 'crystal' imbued in the bottom of the slot, and the crystal used in the synth can only be put in that slot.

This is a great idea I think. If you set up a synth with someone you don't know or trust and haven't made an agreement about HQ there wouldn't be any way for them to run off with your +1. Tipping them after the HQ would be up to you.
Also, I'm sure there have been incidents where the crafter just ran off, logged, or force d/c'd before they even try to synth with the expensive mats.

SE should seriously implement something like this.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-02-06 23:03:59
Link | Citer | R

YES PLEASE
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-06 23:16:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

In the famous words of those guys in the Guinness commercials: BRILLIANT!!

Unfortunately there's no ideal way to get this suggestion on top of the billions of random (and somewhat insignificant) other ideas people feed to SE begging them to implement. But PLEASE keep this idea alive and breathing at least until we know where to put it into motion.
 Ramuh.Guffy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-06 23:20:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't like this idea at all. This would create an exact opposite effect on stealing when it comes to synthing. What happens when somone is charging if it HQs, the deals are agreed upon before the synth is made, it HQs, goes into the inven of the person supplying mats, and they never pay off? Atleast with the current system, we can hold the item until they do pay it off.

In my opinion, if you don't trust the level 100 crafter, either find one you do trust or level to 100 yourself.
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-06 23:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Guffy said:
I don't like this idea at all. This would create an exact opposite effect on stealing when it comes to synthing. What happens when somone is charging if it HQs, the deals are agreed upon before the synth is made, it HQs, goes into the inven of the person supplying mats, and they never pay off? Atleast with the current system, we can hold the item until they do pay it off.

In my opinion, if you don't trust the level 100 crafter, either find one you do trust or level to 100 yourself.

GM call. GM reviews Logs. GM intervenes. Problem solved.

Same thing happens w/ tele's. If you don't pay a GM can intervene to make sure you do...
 Leviathan.Auraeon
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Auraeon
By Leviathan.Auraeon 2009-02-06 23:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Put a slot next to the crystal slot for gil? >_>
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-06 23:47:47
Link | Citer | R

Malekith said:

GM call. GM reviews Logs. GM intervenes. Problem solved.

Same thing happens w/ tele's. If you don't pay a GM can intervene to make sure you do...

So why implement something like this if everything is as simple as that ? Pay the crafter (or trade him the mats), he synth, if he steal items, call GM... You're just protecting buyers instead of sellers. The thing is : a dude with a high level craft will be less motivated to steal items than a random customer passing by. What's a crafter goal ? To have their customers satisfated so they come back. What's a customer goal ? None. Dude could use a trial account to rip you off.

To me craft shouldn't be done by people you don't know/don't trust, that's it. Same goes for rare/ex buying when you pay prior lotting. If you don't trust the LS selling the drop, then don't buy.
 Pandemonium.Jabbawockeez
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Jabbawockeez 2009-02-06 23:49:21
Link | Citer | R

What they need are more Synth. materials(Armos/gears), everything is pretty much rare/ex.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-06 23:58:06

Well then there can be a separate menu box for "HQ" in which the customer puts agreed amount of gil into the pool BEFORE adding the mats, and would automatically transfer over to the crafter when HQ is achieved, if NQ the money stays with the customer. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to program something of that magnitude.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-07 00:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Guffy said:

Well, that's true Guffy, but I wouldn't call that stealing...I would call that bad sales etiquitte when compared to things in real life (since this game's economy is much like how it works in real life.) I don't think crafters should have to ask for extra payment in the event that you HQ the item in question. I know analogies like this have prolly been brought up before, but when you go out in real life and order food, go to the mechanic and ask for something to be done, or pay for any service, you are given the price for these services. When it comes time to pay, you pay them the cost, and IF the service was excellent or greater than you expected you can choose to give them a Tip on top of the cost of the service. Crafters are providing a service to those who need an item crafted and should give price for providing this service (a flat rate like 20k, 30k, 40k, etc, or a percent of the NQ item's cost on the AH...10%, 15%, etc). If the service is excellent or greater than expected (a HQ), then a Tip can be provided at the customers discretion. You wouldn't think it was right if your mechanic said 'well here's the price to replace your breaks and struts, but here's the price if you want us to do really good job on it.' would you? The provider of the materials should have ownership of the item that was created, HQ or not, the crafter has no right to keep it.

There's already a slot for gil in the trade window, you could just add the crafter's cost before you both click synth. The point of my idea is that there would be nothing to call a GM about...no reason to complain. The crafter says their cost, you put it in, add in the crystal and mats, both click 'Synth' and the material provider gets the item and the crafter gets what they charge. If HQ'd I'm sure lots of people would give a tip and lots wouldn't, but that's how tipping works. They payed for the service and got the result. If the synth breaks and anything is lost then the remaining materials go back to the provider, the crafter owes the provider nothing, they took the chance of letting that person try it.

Edit: Also, not trying to start anything Guffy ^^. I respect your opinion, and was just sharing mine is all.
 Phoenix.Azuzu
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Azuzu
By Phoenix.Azuzu 2009-02-07 01:46:32
Link | Citer | R

Malekith said:
Guffy said:
I don't like this idea at all. This would create an exact opposite effect on stealing when it comes to synthing. What happens when somone is charging if it HQs, the deals are agreed upon before the synth is made, it HQs, goes into the inven of the person supplying mats, and they never pay off? Atleast with the current system, we can hold the item until they do pay it off. In my opinion, if you don't trust the level 100 crafter, either find one you do trust or level to 100 yourself.
GM call. GM reviews Logs. GM intervenes. Problem solved. Same thing happens w/ tele's. If you don't pay a GM can intervene to make sure you do...

You must not have called a GM before... They rarely if ever fix any problem with another char and when they do they cant tell you that they have done so because of the "privacy" issues. Also, no a GM cannot make someone pay for a tele.
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-07 01:53:40
Link | Citer | R

@ Azu...

I guess I haven't gotten the ones you've dealt with. *shrug* Only speaking from personal experience here. GM's are like landmines you don't know which ones are duds from the ones that will explode with righteous fury. If you get enough dialogue recorded on the chat log, spelling out expectations such that a GM can review it they can it. It's just a question of will they...

On the off-chance that you can't get them to do anything, at the very least you're logging a complaint on another players file. The threat of deletion for any complaint ought to be enough to get people to act justly, especially in light of recent events.

There's really no reason to shrug things off and let people screw you over when you dealt fairly and in good faith.
 Ramuh.Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-07 02:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Bojack said:
Guffy said:
I don't like this idea at all. This would create an exact opposite effect on stealing when it comes to synthing. What happens when somone is charging if it HQs, the deals are agreed upon before the synth is made, it HQs, goes into the inven of the person supplying mats, and they never pay off? Atleast with the current system, we can hold the item until they do pay it off. In my opinion, if you don't trust the level 100 crafter, either find one you do trust or level to 100 yourself.
Well, that's true Guffy, but I wouldn't call that stealing...I would call that bad sales etiquitte when compared to things in real life (since this game's economy is much like how it works in real life.) I don't think crafters should have to ask for extra payment in the event that you HQ the item in question. I know analogies like this have prolly been brought up before, but when you go out in real life and order food, go to the mechanic and ask for something to be done, or pay for any service, you are given the price for these services. When it comes time to pay, you pay them the cost, and IF the service was excellent or greater than you expected you can choose to give them a Tip on top of the cost of the service. Crafters are providing a service to those who need an item crafted and should give price for providing this service (a flat rate like 20k, 30k, 40k, etc, or a percent of the NQ item's cost on the AH...10%, 15%, etc). If the service is excellent or greater than expected (a HQ), then a Tip can be provided at the customers discretion. You wouldn't think it was right if your mechanic said 'well here's the price to replace your breaks and struts, but here's the price if you want us to do really good job on it.' would you? The provider of the materials should have ownership of the item that was created, HQ or not, the crafter has no right to keep it. There's already a slot for gil in the trade window, you could just add the crafter's cost before you both click synth. The point of my idea is that there would be nothing to call a GM about...no reason to complain. The crafter says their cost, you put it in, add in the crystal and mats, both click 'Synth' and the material provider gets the item and the crafter gets what they charge. If HQ'd I'm sure lots of people would give a tip and lots wouldn't, but that's how tipping works. They payed for the service and got the result. If the synth breaks and anything is lost then the remaining materials go back to the provider, the crafter owes the provider nothing, they took the chance of letting that person try it. Edit: Also, not trying to start anything Guffy ^^. I respect your opinion, and was just sharing mine is all.

I understand what you mean, however this analogy does not really apply to the game setting. In real life, we do not have "restrictions" based on uncontrolable chance of making something of higher quality like we do in FFXI. Somone who is known as an amazing painter that is known for constantly prodoucing very high quality results is going to have a higher rate for service than somone who just recently became professional.

I personally don't even charge for HQs, I go based off tips, but from a crafters point of view, this is more hassel than it is worth, I probably wouldn't even craft for others any more. A lot of times when people want something crafted I will have them send me the items to D box and I'll send them back when I have the time to synth them.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 02:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Guffy said:

Just because an option is there doesnt mean you have to use it.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-07 03:04:11

I still like my "HQ" or "tip" menu idea >.>
 Ramuh.Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-07 03:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Guffy said:
Just because an option is there doesnt mean you have to use it.

Yes, however, people will want to use it. Than when the crafter says, just send me the mats so I can craft in my free time, they will all be "oh he must be full of scams."
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-02-07 03:41:38
Link | Citer | R

I also dislike this idea. sorry but the time/money someone puts into leveling a craft far outweighs any idea of some guy getting the HQ you make and turning around and selling it for a profit.

i personally feel that if you HQ something and its worth millions you should go buy a NQ and give it to the customer unless they are willing to pay for the HQ (or one of your lucky friends).

the way things are now are fine. if you cant trust someone to not run off with your ingredients find someone else or level the craft yourself. in essence you are paying for their skill, their time, and the money THEY invested in crafting. i don't think it should be compared at all to RL since RL skills aren't based on chance. (think poker...that's a game based on chance, but its the SKILL of the player that keeps the same people at the last table)

i'd likw to see those 200K GP signboards give your moogle the option to sell goods (like a standard merchant) in an area similar to the chocobo area. give each nation access to the place and have it be kinda like a flea market of moogles. (kinda like an extra AH for crafters that blew 200K GP on that sign)

it'll never happen...but i can wish for it lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 03:41:53
Link | Citer | R

If you have an agreement who gets what from start. if agreement is the person who provide the mats get the HQ, use the option, if the other way around, dont use the option. simple as that. As a secure way for the provider of the mats that if the agreement was he get the HQ he cant get screwed. And if the agreement was the other way around, the crafter cant get screwed.
 Ramuh.Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-07 04:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Thinking about this, especially with what Zanno wrote, I think if this was implemented I would refuse to use it just because, if the person wants to use my bonecrafting, and they have the option to not use the system, but choose to use it, what does that say? That says that they don't trust me. If somone wants me to craft for them and use my hard earned level, yet wants to use this system because they don't trust me, what do I care to help the person? I'd rather them find a different crafter they are more comforatable with.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 04:55:29
Link | Citer | R

Guffy said:
Thinking about this, especially with what Zanno wrote, I think if this was implemented I would refuse to use it just because, if the person wants to use my bonecrafting, and they have the option to not use the system, but choose to use it, what does that say? That says that they don't trust me. If somone wants me to craft for them and use my hard earned level, yet wants to use this system because they don't trust me, what do I care to help the person? I'd rather them find a different crafter they are more comforatable with.

How many threads have you seen that says "<Name> stole the HQ item he crafted for me even though we had agreed otherwise"

If you are honest and you have agreed to let the mat provider get the HQ if that should happen, why refuse to use a system like that?

Unless the guy you craft for have paid you, and you have agreed to give him the HQ if it should come to that, but plan to break that agreement incase you HQ, you have nothing to lose from using it.

Same goes for if you have agreed on that if you should HQ, you will keep the HQ and provide him/her with a non HQ item, he/she would have nothing to lose by not using the "option".

This seems fair to me. As a way to assure that the agreement is kept by both parts no matter what the agreement is to start with.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-07 04:58:40

The whole purpose of this menu idea is to make sure agreements are made and put into effect without either party being screwed over.

We've all seen a billion threads here about so and so getting screwed over or whatshisface running off with HQ when it was agreed to be traded anyways, etc.

I think it's a clever idea and would nip alot of drama in the bud without the need for the mass Q_Q GM calls for those who aren't trustworthy, both customer and crafter alike.

There really should be no harm in a mutual agreement when it comes to crafting services and fees. Especially when it's put into systematics that prevent both parties from getting the shaft from malicious intent.
 Ramuh.Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-07 05:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Why go out of my way to help somone if they don't trust me?

And I have seen one thread here complaining regarding <name> stole my HQ item, which was the one about Hades Sainti +1.

But seriously, if the dude doesn't trust me to give him the item, I may as well save my time and not craft for em, lol.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-07 05:05:44

Well if you don't trust your customers, don't craft for them to begin with. That's the beauty of it, you can choose if you wanna do it or not.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 05:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Guffy said:
Why go out of my way to help somone if they don't trust me? And I have seen one thread here complaining regarding <NAME>stole my HQ item, which was the one about Hades Sainti +1. But seriously, if the dude doesn't trust me to give him the item, I may as well save my time and not craft for em, lol.

If you dont want to craft is one thing. But if someone is buying a service from you, meaning they pay you to craft for them. Crafting for gil, not coz you're best friends.

If there was an option like this and I paid someone to craft for me with the agreement that I can have the HQ, but this person refuse to use the option. why would I trust him? If he didn't plan to screw me over, he wouldnt have a problem with it, would he?

And I think it's been proven over and over again that you can't trust ppl in this game. Friends stealing gear/gil from each other, crafters beeing screwed over, ppl buying crafts getting screwed over, ninja lotting and so on.

Am I wrong?
 Ramuh.Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-07 05:12:29
Link | Citer | R

No, I meant that the other way around, if they don't trust me, than theres no point to help them. Yes, this system does help the person wanting crafting, however, it doesn't benefit the crafter in anyway. I have crafted atleast 7 Genie Weskits for people who I really didn't even know that well, and have never and would never keep one. But if the dude was all like, Yeah can you craft me a genie? However, I don't trust you so we are going to use this system so you can't scam me, I'd be like dude, forget it than, go find somone you trust.

Do you understand what I mean? It's kind of like a slap in the face to not trust the crafter who is just helping you out of there own time and levels.

Edit: @ Zanno- Yeah sure, I would have no problems useing the system if I was being paid for the craft. However, I honestly can't think of a time where I was paid to craft, I've always done it all donation based. I think the only times I have been paid to craft is for things like Antlion trap or something from a shout in whitegate.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 05:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Idk. On those occasions when I have needed help with crafting, I pay for the help. And who ever crafts get paid. easy enough. I dont think anyone who crafted for me have done so to prove they can be trusted. They've done it for gil, and tbh i dont think they gave a ***if i trusted them or not.
 Ramuh.Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-07 05:29:20
Link | Citer | R

It's not like it is to prove they can be trusted.

The way I craft atleast is only for peoples use. For example, I will free craft a Genie Weskit, as long as you plan to use it, if you don't plan to use it and are trying to make profit, than I won't craft for you. Likewise, the item can't be sold, treat it as rare/ex.

Now nothing stops them from going off and selling it, I mean, I wouldn't craft for em again, but of course, they could do that. Now, with me providing this service, basically free of charge unless they want to tip me, if the dude was all "I don't trust you" than I wouldn't care to craft for them because I am obviously trusting them and helping them with no gain to myself.

I guess as it applys to me, the system don't help any, maybe it would help people who charge for crafting/pay for crafting on a regular basis, but with so many high level crafters now a days, I figured that was a thing of the past. I can sit here and name atleast 5 people level 100 in each craft that I could get to craft for me w/o charge. Maybe Ramuh is just weird?

EDIT: Oh and a different game I played implemented a system like this about a year ago, however it worked and benefited the crafter and one seeking the crafters help in the game. In that game you still gained experience from the other persons synth, however, it wouldn't really work here because no one here would want somone who is still able to skill up on the item to craft it. I guess it could be wanted occasonally like a level 99 cloth craft synthing a dalm or something, but it wouldn't apply so much in the same way in this game.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Serveur: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-07 09:28:30
Link | Citer | R

The person crafting is performing a service for you. Your not the guy with the 100+ craft. So if he HQ's give him a % Tip according to how much the HQ item is worth. different people have different rates. Yes the rate should be stated pre-trade off I couldn't agree more so both people are on the same level and agree to these terms or find a common ground.

If your crafter is good His Moghouse is aglow with a delicate balance~ he/she has all the + gear items fully leveled subs and knows what they are doing. Can you actually comprehend how much time and effort went into that? or the fact they even got to 100 in the first place? What do you, those who bring the mats to us crafters know? Nothing. You know how to use the trade button. Don't want to tip us if we HQ? sell the materials on the Auction house then Buy your damn item. I don't charge for NQ items. But if i HQ you pay a % of the going rate for the item or i keep it.

Don't trust me? level the craft then. find someone else. I honestly couldn't care less because when it comes down to it i am the one helping you. your not helping me. I do fine w/o your "help"
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-07 10:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
The whole purpose of this menu idea is to make sure agreements are made and put into effect without either party being screwed over.

The thing is, the game interface do not have to replace "trust" between players.

Or you might also wants a special interface for lotting items like when you do Nyzul or Salvage in a pick-up party ? I mean if something good drop leader can just kicks you and get the drop. Same goes with ??? items in assault, after appraisal leader can remove you and get the rare item. Dynamis ? Same ***, new member can ninja lot all your AFv2 and/or 100's. KS/BCNM ? Same. (especially when you agree on splitting drops).

We used to play MMOs without secure trade and it was completely fine. Now we do have secure trade, and you asking for more ? That's too much already. If you don't trust someone simply do not work with him, either with craft, assault, salvage, nyzul, dynamis, etc...
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-02-07 10:45:23
Link | Citer | R

OP: Good luck every getting anyone to synth for you, that isn't your friend.

I will craft for anyone, usually, if not always, for free.

However, if I bling out a cursed haidaite -1, when someone provided me with materials for NQ... they're not getting it for free... period.

What is the point in someone investing massive amounts of time, and gil if there isn't any profit?.... exactly!
First Page 2 3