Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Charis Feather vs Thew Bomblet for ws
Charis Feather vs Thew Bomblet for ws
 Odin.Hevans
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2010-10-16 07:30:51
Link | Citer | R

i'm not 100% sure of how the increases crit hit dmg works for ws. i can see it being better for tp, but what about ws? i'm assuming thew bomblet would put up better numbers. anyone who knows more about the crit dmg + on ws or has parsed them bestow me with your knowledge.
 Diabolos.Whitewing
Serveur: Diabolos
user: whitewing
By Diabolos.Whitewing 2010-10-16 07:42:51
Link | Citer | R

I personally use thew for tp as the extra atk and str helps keep those nasty 0 dmg's away and ws in feather as the dex+5 is also a mod for almost all dagger ws's.

Haven't really played around with them both tho tbh as I have loads of other jobs to cap before I get to tweak my gear sets.
 Ramuh.Ragni
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2010-10-16 09:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Atma of razed ruin + evisceration + charis feather = win :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-16 10:01:33
Link | Citer | R

If you're using Evisceration or have uncapped WS accuracy, Charis Feather. Any other WS, you should be using Thew when capping accuracy.

For TP, you'd have to either need the accuracy from Charis Feather or have a crit rate above ~40% (barring any other crit damage enhancements) for Charis to be better than Thew. For the record, this isn't possible without atmas. I'm not sure how Atma of the Razed Ruin/Sanguine Scythe and Charis Feather interact so I can't say for sure which is better with critdmg+ atma(s) active, but Charis is probably as good or better.
[+]
 Siren.Verona
Serveur: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-10-20 09:35:36
Link | Citer | R

It really depends which WS you're using. Worth nothing that DEK is the only WS mod for Evisceration and the main one for Pyrrhic Kleos. Not to mention that the enhanced crit damage provides some mad numbers for Evis.
I don't have a Thew Bomblet since my 85's are RDM, DNC and RNG, but I would be shocked if it boosted Evisceration and Pyrrhic Kleos more than the feather.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-20 09:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hevans said:
i'm not 100% sure of how the increases crit hit dmg works for ws. i can see it being better for tp, but what about ws? i'm assuming thew bomblet would put up better numbers. anyone who knows more about the crit dmg + on ws or has parsed them bestow me with your knowledge.

For "Critical hit varies with TP" w/e Weaponskills, you're likely better off using Charis Feather. (evis/etc)

For every other weaponskill, baring accuracy is good, Thew Bomblet.

Since weaponskills that do not specifically mention the ability to critical hit -can not- critical hit without Mighty Strikes or SA/TA the Critical hit Damage bonus on Charis will do nothing for them, so as long as accuracy is capped/near Thew Bomblet wins
By Gemah 2010-10-21 01:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Whitewing said:
I personally use thew for tp as the extra atk and str helps keep those nasty 0 dmg's away and ws in feather as the dex+5 is also a mod for almost all dagger ws's.

Haven't really played around with them both tho tbh as I have loads of other jobs to cap before I get to tweak my gear sets.

If you need extra atk and str to keep away 0s, something is wrong with your dnc... I can be naked with my daggers only and not hit for 0 and an IT mob...