Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Erk! Help!
Erk! Help!
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-05 16:20:17
Link | Citer | R

So I got a new xbox and the password to send my screenshots was obviously not saved in the new box, and I couldn't remember what it was from way back when I first started. So I went to playonline.com and after waiting nearly an hour in line, I got an agent to come figure things out and she gave me a new password. Then I went to log into playonline, and it says my playonline password is incorrect. The playonline password was fine to begin with! I've been playing on the xbox for months with that password! It was JUST the screenshots/email password that needed changed. I tried to plug the password she gave me into my playonline account and it still says it's wrong. So my original password is now wrong, and the new password she gave me is wrong, so I can't even log in at all. Is there any way I can UNchange the playonline password (since it never needed changed) and get a new email password from playonline? Who do I talk to to straighten this out? I don't even care if I can't send screenshots if I can't even play!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 16:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Uh just call PoL again and tell them the issue
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-05 16:24:02
Link | Citer | R

I can try, but she fussed at me last time and said she was making an exception to help me this time because I lost the registration code a long time ago.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 16:27:10
Link | Citer | R

well tell the next agent the person's name u talked to and explain the situation again that the password she gave you is incorrect and they can reset the password. have them email you the password
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-05 16:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Liela said:
I can try, but she fussed at me last time and said she was making an exception to help me this time because I lost the registration code a long time ago.

I was thinking along those lines when I read your first post. They don't often divulge such personal details through their chat forum, and always tell people to ring the hotline.

To get your password changed, you need to phone up Play Online and explain your situation to them. They will ask you a lot of personal questions about your account, including your age, name, address, credit card details, etc. They will also ask you for the registration code you used when you first registered Final Fantasy XI (this is the code on the inside of your Final Fantasy XI box.)

They should then reset your password. I haven't personally ever done this, but I have a lot of friends who have had to for whatever reason. Good luck to you, this is a tiresome process and it sucks that you can't login ; ;
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-05 16:59:36
Link | Citer | R

I went back to playonline.com and got another agent and told him the whole story, and he assigned me a new password for both playonline and the email. And I tried the new password, and it still won't let me on. Do I need to shut the xbox down completely and try again, or wait a certain amount of time for it to change, or anything like that?
 Siren.Ragearo
Serveur: Siren
user: Ragearo
By Siren.Ragearo 2009-02-05 17:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Passwords are case sensitive, and I'm pretty sure POL always gives new passwords with all caps. I don't know what else you could do other than try to get it reset again if you are entering it properly.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-05 17:26:19
Link | Citer | R

I can't tell on my keyboard whether or not my caps lock key is on. I will try that, Ragearo. Wish me luck!
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-05 17:50:39
Link | Citer | R

well for that caps lock problem..... it's simple enough... you try it once without pressing caps lock key... and it if doesn't work, you try the other way... if you had to guess a number between 1 and 2 to win money, and that you had the right to try both, you would right? :P

I realize this may sound a bit sarcastic but I've helped some many people solving "problems" in their computers that weren't even real problems... and from experience I think you're just panicking... you have to remain calm and I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot of those answers by yourself (like that you have to call them and insist for help, that's like... obvious, you're paying them for the service, so technically they are forced to help you as long as you respect the terms.. if you get an *** on the other side of the line, ask for his supervisor, if he gets arrogant, tell him you would at least want to speak to someone who's got more experience because he sounds like he's new... that usually calms them down, and they're usually not *** anyway)
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-05 18:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Ok, figured it out. On my xbox there's a slot for 'members passwords' that I never bothered with, but it wouldn't let me in because my members password was n/a. So set one there, got into playonline, set the new playonline password, and viola, all better. Just had to have the password that didn't exist before it would let me in to change the other two. The caps lock was off the whole time, so that was no trouble. Thanks for the help and suggestions, guys!