Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-29 20:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Holding Vileberry
RDM/NIN

Quote:
Sobek in case DDs get obliverated by death.
See above. Shouldn't be an issue unless everyone's on the same side of him though, in which case you asked for it.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-11-29 20:53:42
Link | Citer | R

From what I`ve read in this thread, it doesn't matter what SE does or doesn't do to PLD, the player base have already decided its not needed.

Give the job the ability to deal out damage to hold hate like DD`s do and all the DD`s complain. If you`re that bothered about using PLD in endgame sub sam and use a GS. You might not be tanking but at least you`ll have a PLD there.

Point being, for every idea someone has to improve PLD there is always a counter argument. Nobody wants PLD anymore
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-29 20:59:38
Link | Citer | R

No, I'd love PLD to be utilised again. A simple way to fix it would be to give them even further damage mitigation abilities, and introduce HNM that are impossible to tank without. But even then, they'd still only be useful for said NMs.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-29 21:07:54
Link | Citer | R

i think just giving them a higher CE cap than other jobs would solve a lot

but that also seems a bit cheap

i'm still all for vegetto's spell

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-29 21:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
From what I`ve read in this thread, it doesn't matter what SE does or doesn't do to PLD, the player base have already decided its not needed.

Give the job the ability to deal out damage to hold hate like DD`s do and all the DD`s complain. If you`re that bothered about using PLD in endgame sub sam and use a GS. You might not be tanking but at least you`ll have a PLD there.

Point being, for every idea someone has to improve PLD there is always a counter argument. Nobody wants PLD anymore
Nah, there's a lot of us that wouldn't mind PLD making a comeback. The problem is how to go about balancing PLD. Mobs that do a ton of damage aren't enough, everyone has PDT gear and MP is plentiful. Mobs that have high damage moves aren't enough, other jobs can take at least as much damage if not more and now we have Scherzo. Giving PLD enough firepower to both outtank and outDD MNK/NIN/SAM/DRK is broken. You could do something with shield to make it a consistent benefit, but that's only a significant benefit if you're taking a *** of damage, which requires even more deadly NMs, which presents its own problems: it's too difficult for Whitegate Joe (notice the trend towards easymode FFXI), and it requires a single job to successfully complete, which is a situation that FFXI has rightly attempted to avoid. Even then, Counterstance is pretty boss... If you could tweak it so that it was more efficient rather than required then you'd have something, but only for those situations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 21:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

Nah, there's a lot of us that wouldn't mind PLD making a comeback. The problem is how to go about balancing PLD. Mobs that do a ton of damage aren't enough, everyone has PDT gear and MP is plentiful. Mobs that have high damage moves aren't enough, other jobs can take at least as much damage if not more and now we have Scherzo. Giving PLD enough firepower to both outtank and outDD MNK/NIN/SAM/DRK is broken. You could do something with shield to make it a consistent benefit, but that's only a significant benefit if you're taking a *** of damage, which requires even more deadly NMs, which presents its own problems: it's too difficult for Whitegate Joe (notice the trend towards easymode FFXI), and it requires a single job to successfully complete, which is a situation that FFXI has rightly attempted to avoid. If you could tweak it so that it was more efficient rather than required then you'd have something, but only for those situations.

In other words, it is still well within the realm of possibilities for PLD to become more useful (depending on whatever the changes are), but it would still only be situational.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-29 21:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

Nah, there's a lot of us that wouldn't mind PLD making a comeback. The problem is how to go about balancing PLD. Mobs that do a ton of damage aren't enough, everyone has PDT gear and MP is plentiful. Mobs that have high damage moves aren't enough, other jobs can take at least as much damage if not more and now we have Scherzo. Giving PLD enough firepower to both outtank and outDD MNK/NIN/SAM/DRK is broken. You could do something with shield to make it a consistent benefit, but that's only a significant benefit if you're taking a *** of damage, which requires even more deadly NMs, which presents its own problems: it's too difficult for Whitegate Joe (notice the trend towards easymode FFXI), and it requires a single job to successfully complete, which is a situation that FFXI has rightly attempted to avoid. Even then, Counterstance is pretty boss... If you could tweak it so that it was more efficient rather than required then you'd have something, but only for those situations.

i suppose now that i think about it

even if you could force the pld to hold hate through higher cap

there'd still be no incentive to bring one ><
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-29 21:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Omnislash: Fivefold 5 fTP critical weaponskill, obtainable while wielding any +2 Magian GS. Mods: 50% STR, 50% DEX.

Give this to PLDs, problem solved. :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 21:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Omnislash: Fivefold 5 fTP critical weaponskill, obtainable while wielding any +2 Magian GS. Mods: 50% STR, 50% DEX.

Give this to PLDs, problem solved. :D

But DRK needs that more than PLD... <.<
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2010-11-29 21:46:19
Link | Citer | R

That's why the only way to save the job is somehow make pulling hate for DD's matter. If there were important NMs that made DDs and mages drop like files, couldn't be held by pets and negated Perfect Defense...in other words were designed just to make PLD matter, then the job is dead. And to me if PLD is dead then my personal interest in continuing past 99 is dead.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-11-30 11:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said:
Dont need an apostrope there. Funny both you and Spicy are posting atm, I just read a few pages of an old thread bout pup doing 1700 dmg ws's lol, I posted under Basilo then but I didnt read it at the time. It escalated quite far ... lol

theres a high chance i made that thread on pups dmg >.>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-30 11:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Make PLDs reflect some of the damage they receive onto the enemy and perhaps have it produce enmity of its own. I don't think it'll fix Paladin instantly, but against mobs that hit really hard that could add up as a decent alternative to a dd tank.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-30 11:42:22
Link | Citer | R

What would be hot is if they let PLD use Caladbolg and still have a Shield equiped :(

Calabolg+Aegis :Q

Edit: Then PLD could DD hardcore with Torcleaver :(
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-03 12:09:05
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-03 12:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
If hammerdins find their way into ffxi.. I would cry, a lot. Zealots are totally cooler, though. And FoHdins kinda make me chuckle. /rambles on

Hey! Being a Hammerdin requires skill! You have to position yourself just right in order to deal that absurd amount of damage to everything around you.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-12-04 15:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
What would be hot is if they let PLD use Caladbolg and still have a Shield equiped :(

Calabolg+Aegis :Q

Edit: Then PLD could DD hardcore with Torcleaver :(

That would give me reason to go further with PLD. I was expecting similar job trait form SE, but as usual, they gave us useless ability instead. PLD is solo play job now if you still like spending long times to kill mobs which most other jobs could kill in much shorter time. I hope things change for 90+, but I won't wait anymore. Leveling RDM atm, I will focus on it, and will return PLD if they fix it in future.
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-06 12:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Aegis Rare Exclusive
Shield
DEF:40
Augments "Shield Bash" IV
Magic damage taken -40%
Shield size 5
Lv90 PLD

Ochain Rare Exclusive
Shield
DEF:40 VIT+20
Converts 25% of damage taken to MP
upon successful block
Shield size 6
Lv90 PLD
......................can we stop saying PLD is a dead job now? or am I being stupid?
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-12-06 12:54:58
Link | Citer | R

We won't able to see all PLDs wearing these babies would we?
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-06 12:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Aegis Rare Exclusive
Shield
Magic damage taken -40%
Shield size 5
Lv90 PLD

Ochain Rare Exclusive
Shield
upon successful block
Shield size 6
Lv90 PLD
......................can we stop saying PLD is a dead job now? or am I being stupid?

Because clearly this was the problem before they added trials to aegis
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-06 13:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Aegis Rare Exclusive
Shield
Magic damage taken -40%
Shield size 5
Lv90 PLD

Ochain Rare Exclusive
Shield
upon successful block
Shield size 6
Lv90 PLD

Because clearly this was the problem before they added trials to aegis
Half of the problem was that other damage dealing jobs had gear to migreate damage just as well as pld could. with these new shields its safe to say PLD can do this much much better then any dd now.

Now the only problem is the hate issues but maybe there will be an atma combination that will help with that.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-06 13:04:36
Link | Citer | R

But DDs will be getting three powerful atma now.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-06 13:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Wait they added a 3rd lunar?!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-06 13:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Can't stop fapping to Aegis.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-06 13:08:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Well hopefuly there will be 3 eminty + atma plus eminty gear (like the new pld af3 body) that will help deal with that. (Im just trying to stay positive)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-06 13:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

You betcha :) unknown how to get at this point though.

Quote:

We'll see how long this lasts when you actually see the trials!
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-06 13:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
They lowered the harshness of the relic/mythic trials. So it won't be as bad as it would have been before.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-06 13:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

GOING PLD TO EVERYTHING AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-06 13:23:29
Link | Citer | R

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-12-06 13:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Trial shield too for those of us who's ls didn't love us!
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-12-06 13:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Inc 50000 shield bash final blows!
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26