Multiple Language support
 Gilgamesh.Pulsahr
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Pulsahr
By Gilgamesh.Pulsahr 2010-10-12 05:45:39
Link | Citer | R

Hello,
I used ffxiah.com a lot as a FFXI player, and am really glad to see ffxivpro.com.

However, i always played in french version of the game, and if the /translate function made the use of ffxiah.com easy for FFXI, there is nothing like it in FFXIV.

So, a feature that would be great is the multiple language support. Somewhere in the site you click on a flag, and every item name is displayed in its language, same for materials of course.

I have absolutely no idea how you collected the name of every item in the game, manually entered, wiki stuff, or whatever.. but if it is manually, i'm pretty sure that a lot of french/german/other-language-i-don't-know-ffxiv-is-released-in players will help providing translation of items.

Feel free to contact me if you want some evaluation of people who can be involved in providing french names, or any help.

Regards,

Pulsahr Elenfea, Wutai.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-10-12 16:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Scragg has actually already mentioned that some multi-language support is in the works. I'm not sure how long it will take to do ("It shouldn't be too hard to do. In theory anyway.") so just keep an eye out for it.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-12 16:48:47
Link | Citer | R

On the left, you'll see a tiny little setting for "Language: JP EN FR DE"

Clicking on "FR" will display all the item names and some of the interface in French. It even pulls the French version of Lodestone for news updates.

There's some components that aren't yet translated, but we're working on it. Looks like there's some SSL cert domain matching problems too... we'll fix that.
 Gilgamesh.Pulsahr
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Pulsahr
By Gilgamesh.Pulsahr 2010-10-13 03:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Oh great, i didn't noticed it. Awesome. Thank you :)

It seems there is some trouble on utf8 encoding words, like "communauté" which displays "communaut[weird char]", same for recherch[weird char]"

Translation of "Bazaar" is "Bazar" (with only one "a").

Do you need some help in translation of other stuff ? Like browsed items ?