HELP! FFXI Is Crashing Every Time I Log In.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » HELP! FFXI is crashing every time I log in.
HELP! FFXI is crashing every time I log in.
 Asura.Volition
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-02-04 18:43:18
Link | Citer | R

I was walking towards Gilgamesh's room, and crashed. Now each time I log in I crash right away. Something must be glitched in that area because this is the only place it happens. Any idea why this happens? I tried a file check/repair and that didn't fix it. Am I going to have to reinstall the whole damn thing?
 Asura.Volition
Serveur: Asura
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-02-04 18:43:53
Link | Citer | R

I'd also like to add, If I have to reinstall, how do I find/save my macros?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-04 18:48:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Does it only crash when you approach Gilgamesh's room? Usually if it's a situational crash like that it's related to a corrupt data file and usually requires a file check/reinstall. However, I'm not 100% sure of the exact reason why your game crashes.

To answer your second question, to save your macros/settings to POL servers, at the character select (for the character you wanna save macros for) hold Alt + Ctrl + Shift and hit B. To load them do the same thing except with the letter R.
 Kujata.Cyberninja
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Cyberninja 2009-02-08 07:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Also if your on PC you can save the folder for Users I do this as well as backing them up on the server. Has helped on more than one occasion. If I'm not mistaken it should be d:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER\123fgtdfjg

C drive or where-ever you installed ffxi and in the user folder depending on how many mules etc you have there may be several files.

I just copy the whole user folder to thumb drive and that works. Hope that helps
 Fairy.Conchita
Serveur: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-02-08 07:58:36
Link | Citer | R

I had the same problem a while back with Sealion's Den. I think I reinstalled and then everything was fine
 Alexander.Keldewis
Serveur: Alexander
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2009-02-08 09:36:15
Link | Citer | R

I once experienced a problem where the game would crash every time I changed zones, but it was resolved after I did a graphics driver update. Not saying that could be your problem, but if you are going to do a reinstall couldn't hurt to do a check and update on other components associated with the game.