Forum » FFXI » General » Worth it?
Worth it?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-10-06 17:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Is it worth coming back now :O? I'm in college and ***and just want to finish my stingray trials and level pup. I feel like if I came back I'd be so far behind everyone!
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-06 17:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea really helps, it's for both casuals and hardcores alike. You'll be behind the hardcores, but like whatever right? I say go for it.
 Siren.Temeraire
Serveur: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-10-06 17:40:56
Link | Citer | R

It really depends on what kind of a player you were before you quit. If you were a dedicated player who put a lot of energy into your gear and tried to be the best at what you did, you won't be a big fan of the way gimp players abuse Abyssea to leapfrog you in gear and make even Abyssea XP slow down so they can level jobs they would never get in a traditional merit PT with the way they play and gear them. Abyssea basically renders most aspects of the game that came before it obsolete, while making it ridiculously easy to get XP and gear, too. People were actually complaining when Scars came out and they couldn't immediately do the level limit break.

The upside to all of this is that you no longer have to put up with elitist HNM LS ***. You can gear any job and fully cap merits on it rather easily now.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the game has become rather easy now, but you are trading elitist BS for gimptastic BS.

I am honestly having fun in the game just the way it is. My suggestion is to find a group of friends and give it a try. It is different from what it used to be, but it can be just as much fun, if not more so.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-06 17:41:52
Link | Citer | R

college is the same reason i stopped playing but id say stay away and focus on studies! which i am failing to do b/c i still come to this site ; ;
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-06 17:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Omg this thread comes up every goddam day, do you people really need us to tell you what to do? If you want to play again then play the damn game, or don't.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-06 17:50:09
Link | Citer | R

and i agree w/ sag
lol at ur avatar
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-10-06 17:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Abyssea really helps, it's for both casuals and hardcores alike. You'll be behind the hardcores, but like whatever right? I say go for it.

I guess :D!

Siren.Temeraire said:
It really depends on what kind of a player you were before you quit. If you were a dedicated player who put a lot of energy into your gear and tried to be the best at what you did, you won't be a big fan of the way gimp players abuse Abyssea to leapfrog you in gear and make even Abyssea XP slow down so they can level jobs they would never get in a traditional merit PT with the way they play and gear them. Abyssea basically renders most aspects of the game that came before it obsolete, while making it ridiculously easy to get XP and gear, too. People were actually complaining when Scars came out and they couldn't immediately do the level limit break.

The upside to all of this is that you no longer have to put up with elitist HNM LS ***. You can gear any job and fully cap merits on it rather easily now.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the game has become rather easy now, but you are trading elitist BS for gimptastic BS.

I am honestly having fun in the game just the way it is. My suggestion is to find a group of friends and give it a try. It is different from what it used to be, but it can be just as much fun, if not more so.

Well i quit back in May 2010, and came back for July then stopped again. I managed to get to lv80DRG, leaving two 75s. I used to be hardcore..ish.. hardcore when i did events but never really got a lot from three years of playing lol. I do like to gear my jobs up and ***, I started playing during the LOLDRG times sooo I know all about gimps!

Nowadays though with abyssea there is jus a ton of stuff to cover it feels overwhelming, especially to start a job from level 20 ahaha
 Shiva.Saberr
Serveur: Shiva
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2010-10-06 18:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Omg this thread comes up every goddam day, do you people really need us to tell you what to do? If you want to play again then play the damn game, or don't.
If seeing these threads really pisses you off that bad... then stop reading and commenting on them...
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-06 19:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Saberr said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
If seeing these threads really pisses you off that bad... then stop reading and commenting on them...
umad?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 19:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Shiva.Saberr said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
umad?

utoolazytosayareyoumadlolololol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 19:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You are right, especially Glaciont has done this once already before, just recently too....
ffxi dying?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-10-06 20:08:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You are right, especially Glaciont has done this once already before, just recently too....
ffxi dying?

*** i do what i wah i want!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 20:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Found a pic of Glaciont....

Looks like the cat....

Is out of the bag.

Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-10-06 21:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Found a pic of Glaciont....

Looks like the cat....

Is out of the bag.

lol i don't see how, but I can start drama though if you want. Then again what's the point of arguing or starting ***with people hiding behind a screen :o..