Eh... 1208 Ice Shot, Wat?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Eh... 1208 Ice Shot, wat?!
Eh... 1208 Ice Shot, wat?!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-03 00:43:19
Link | Citer | R

I was on a math roll tonight. After getting Atma of the Noxious Fang and noticing it was Water Atk+ rather than ATK+, I decided to see if it would work with Quick Draw, and sure enough, it works. It was quite a large boost in damage (Screenshot below)

This was on Watersday with NQ Water Staff.

After realizing how amazing these atmas are, I started to look into specific atmas that in combination, would give maximum damage output. There were 2 Atmas that I noticed had Ice Atk+ (Major), the 2 being Atma of the Beyond (From Hadal Satiator) and Atma of the Undying (From Titlacauan).

To clarify before I move on, I would like to say that there -is- a difference between Magic Attack and Magic Attack Bonus for those who don't know. In the case of Quick Draw, Magic Attack will go towards the base damage of your weapon. For the Atma of the Beyond, you get +30 Ice Atk, which can be thought of as 30 DMG added to your weapon for Ice Shot (Magic Attack for Magic users like BLM, BLU etc works differently). MAB on the other hand is 1% of added damage after calculating the base damage of your Quick Draw.

Back on the topic of Atmas, the 2 atmas I mentioned earlier give +30 MAB and +60 Ice Magic Attack (This is an assumtion of the total Magic Attack gained based on the fact that both atmas are Major, one being +30. I do not have Atma of the Undying, therefore I cannot test this)

Here is the math I've calculated that will show you how I got my total Damage possible with Ice Shot.

Ice Shot Max Damage in Abyssea:

[2*(Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus + Atma Ice Magic Attack+ Navarch's Bottes Bonus(+5 to Ammo/Weapon?) )]*[1 +(MAB/100)]*(Elemental Staff bonus)*(Day/Weather Bonus)

[2*(48+77+10+60+10)]*(1+(120/100))*(1.15)*(1.1)

-->Gear for MAB:

Weapon: Mayhem +1; +9 MAB
Body: Mirke Wardecors;+4 MAB
Ring1: Demon Ring (Augmented with MAB+3)
Ring2: Demon Ring (Augmented with MAB+3)
Legs: Desulator Tassets (MAB+4 Augment)
Total MAB from Gear:
-->Other added MAB: Ascetic's Tonic (Estimated to have +20 MAB from what I have tested)
Atma of the Beyond (+30)
-->Red Mage as your support job will also give you an additional +24 MAB

[2*(205)]*(2.2)*(1.15)*(1.1)
410*(2.2)*(1.15)*(1.1)
902*(1.15)*(1.1)
1037.3 (This is your damage without Wizard's Roll and Hyorin Obi active)

1037.3*(1.1)
1141 is your total WITHOUT Wizard's Roll.

--With Wizard's Roll--
(Total Base damage)*(1+(MAB/100))*(Staff Bonus)*(Day Bonus)

note:I did not account for weather bonus because of the fact that weather is non-existant in Abyssea, although SCH weather would be very potent at this point, giving a 25% Damage Boost with both Ice Day and Weather.

410*(2.33)*(1.15)*(1.1) [This is a Lucky (With BLM existant in the party/alliance) Wizard's Roll(5)]
955.3*(1.15)*(1.1)
1098.595*(1.1)
1208.45 is your total, not including the weather effect from a SCH.

With a SCH:

I realize that this does seem a little irration in a sense, and I'd just like to note that I am not a math major, therefore some of this may be inaccurate; please don't hesitate to point out errors.

Thanks for reading all of this, I just thought I would like to share what I have found with the community and hope that everyone shares their thoughts and opinions!

-Aeronis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-03 00:56:23
Link | Citer | R

You always make me hard with cor.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-03 00:59:32
Link | Citer | R

You should try the atma that gives +30 ice dmg and +30 MAB
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Serveur: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-10-03 01:03:03
Link | Citer | R

You make me want to suck your *** with that damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-03 01:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You should try the atma that gives +30 ice dmg and +30 MAB
Sorry if I didn't exactly make it clear, that is one of the 2 atmas I used to get this though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-03 01:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Ok then armeggedon!!! Rng can get similar numbers
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-03 01:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Armeggedon would be welcome, but I was trying to go for a more "attainable" route, if you want to call it that. While most of the items on there aren't the easiest to get, It's no where near as difficult to obtain as the Armeggedon.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-03 01:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Technical note: floor at each step, don't carry your decimals.

Carry on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-10-03 01:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Demon Ring (Augmented with MAB+3)

Where did you get that kind of Augment? That sounds awesome.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-03 01:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
Quote:
Demon Ring (Augmented with MAB+3)
Where did you get that kind of Augment? That sounds awesome.
I think it's the highest amount available from the chest in Tahrongi abyssea
 Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-10-03 02:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Ah, I will have to look in to that then. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-03 03:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
Ah, I will have to look in to that then. Thanks.
It's fairly simple, just takes a little time, and some people who don't leave to go dump merits every hour. Build Amber light using Element WS kills, after about 20 messages or so you should be ok to start going back to w/e kill. The message in Gold Chests when you peer into them for Augmented items is "Powerful Items"
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-03 05:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Oh also, I know I estimated the Navarch's Bottes to be +10 base damage (Since the Tricorne is +10) but does anyone know the precise amount of base damage added?
 Phoenix.Razis
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Razis 2010-10-03 07:26:32
Link | Citer | R

I have the +1 bottes and they don't add to the damage or give more tp. It's probably to do with the add-effect of QD, e.g. Earth Shot gives +10% slow which with the boots might be +15%. Something like that anyway.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-03 07:35:05
Link | Citer | R

I've seen as high as 989~ without the best gear with Atma of the Beyond.

Didn't have the best gear either.

Scary the thought of how high it could go.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-03 10:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Imagine what you could do with mythic :)
 Bahamut.Sorel
By Bahamut.Sorel 2010-10-06 05:19:19
Link | Citer | R

My *** Aero the money type. He wake up in the morning just to get paper.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-10-06 17:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Razis said:
I have the +1 bottes and they don't add to the damage or give more tp. It's probably to do with the add-effect of QD, e.g. Earth Shot gives +10% slow which with the boots might be +15%. Something like that anyway.

According to a post on JP wiki, AF3 feet is different from AF head.
http://ladyluck.holy.jp/cor/

NAブーツ+1 大雑把ですが、QD時、QDと同属性の魔防約-10%みたいです 効果時間:約20秒間or魔法ダメージhit(異属性含む)まで レジスト率を下げてるかはわかりません

So if I understand correctly, it looks like it reduce the magic def for that elemental, until 20 sec passed or being hit by magic.

Or maybe just enhanced the additional effect.

Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-10 11:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Phoenix.Razis said:
According to a post on JP wiki, AF3 feet is different from AF head. http://ladyluck.holy.jp/cor/ NAブーツ+1 大雑把ですが、QD時、QDと同属性の魔防約-10%みたいです 効果時間:約20秒間or魔法ダメージhit(異属性含む)まで レジスト率を下げてるかはわかりません So if I understand correctly, it looks like it reduce the magic def for that elemental, until 20 sec passed or being hit by magic. Or maybe just enhanced the additional effect.
Is... that the same site that said Karkinos drops Goading Belt? ._.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-10-10 22:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:

I'm not sure, but wiki info is not always correct, so you don't have take it too seriously._.

Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-10 22:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
I'm not sure, but wiki info is not always correct, so you don't have take it too seriously._.
Well, I'll take it anyways :x would be nice to at least increase the damage of 1 MB for a BLM, or mayhaps all of the MBs! (If you can do that.) The MACC and AGI alone craps on Wood M Ledelsens.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2010-10-11 22:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

not so much. while gear and situations (weather, pt setups) would be close, as rng, you have to be /cor for QD, which means you lose the MAB+24 from /rdm or /blm, and unless you have a cor main in pt, you would also lose Wizards Roll
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-11 22:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
not so much. while gear and situations (weather, pt setups) would be close, as rng, you have to be /cor for QD, which means you lose the MAB+24 from /rdm or /blm, and unless you have a cor main in pt, you would also lose Wizards Roll
This. ( '-')b
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-11 23:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Snprphnx said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
This. ( '-')b
Well since you asked for it... also do you have any proof that the atma adds 60 to the base dmg instead of 60% to dmg like it sounds like it would? All that I've read on veuglaire the only item that gives matt it is a direct % gain like MAB but seperate making it usually better. Also it sorta kinda makes sense. I mean doing it in a similar way you would like double your blizzard I dmg if you added it directly into the base dmg while only while only adding like 8% to freeze IIs dmg lol. And yeah I know you said it works differently for blu and blm. Though until the atmas only cor and blu could get it so...

Also when I used Ascetic's Tonic it seemed to be more like it gave magic attack not MAB. And more though it's been awhile. I might go test that part later tonight though I can't do the atmas for awhile.

Using the same buffs as you above but this gear set except for the lvl 85 anni which is 62 dmg. But calculating it like you did...

[2*(Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus + Atma Ice Magic Attack+ Navarch's Bottes Bonus(+5 to Ammo/Weapon?) )]*[1 +(MAB/100)]*(Elemental Staff bonus)*(Day/Weather Bonus)

[2*(62+90+60)]*(1+(94/100))*(1.15)*(1.1)

Body: Mirke Wardecors;+4 MAB
Ring1: Demon Ring (Augmented with MAB+3)
Ring2: Demon Ring (Augmented with MAB+3)
Total MAB from Gear:
-->Other added MAB: Ascetic's Tonic (Estimated to have +20 MAB from what I have tested)
Atma of the Beyond (+30)

[2*(212)]*(1.94)*(1.15)*(1.1)
424*(1.94)*(1.15)*(1.1)
822*(1.15)*(1.1)
945. (This is your damage without Wizard's Roll and Hyorin Obi active)

945*(1.1)
1039 is your total WITHOUT Wizard's Roll.

A bit lower but still I merely said similar. Note if +magic attack is outside of base dmg... which kinda makes sense as explained before rng will be a bit closer. And if you get to have a cor it brings them closer... of course Death penalty will do crazy things to the dmg
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 03:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Edit: I was mistaking Ascetic's Tonic for Ascetic's Gambir. Since I hadn't seen the latter in forever and didn't realize there was a difference. Tonic is 25 MAB just tested it. Gunna go retest Gambir but if it does what I remember you might want to think about getting it to boost your dmg ALOT more.

Edit: Just tested it (took forever to get) and it looked like +25% dmg so I warped out. Upon doing the math it turned out to be 25.7%. Probably wouldn't even have bothered/noticed if I wasn't using such high dmg nukes (ie 2053 and 2581 thunder IV lol). Which is a big enough difference that it might not be straight +% dmg like I thought. Gunna test again

Edit 2: It's 50 MAB. Drops off of puddings in konschtat btw. Supposedly gold chest too. I'd put droprate without TH to be roughly 10-50% lol. Like It's taken me over 10 but I've gotten 3 in 6 kills before so meh
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2010-10-12 20:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Unless someone else has retested, the af3+1 feet do NOT add base damage like the af hat does. Last I read of the BG thread, it is thought it somehow increases the debuff added effect. Not sure about the +2 yet.
 Odin.Valdor
Serveur: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2010-10-13 01:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Any tips on Hadal Satiator?
By Untamedheart 2010-11-04 06:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Iceday, Atma of Beyond and Atma of the Baying Moon, Ascetics Tonic, Navarch's Bottes +1 2nd Shot bonus, imperfect wizard's roll.

Still room for improvement!
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-11-04 06:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Very Nice!
First Page 2