Ascetics's Fury Best MNK Weaponskill...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Ascetics's fury best MNK weaponskill...
Ascetics's fury best MNK weaponskill...
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Oblit
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-09-27 16:53:55
Link | Citer | R

in Abyssea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I use Atma of the Voracious Violet and Atma of the Razed ruins. But I think Razed Ruins and Atma of the Sanguine scythe will do more damage.

Razed Ruins Atma puts me to 60% crit hit rate, 250~ crit dmg avg and 2.1k Ascetic's fury avg on MNK/NIN. As you can see Ascetic's average damage is consistent on anything, even on highest tier NMs.

My current WS gear: I mainly use Fire Taipan +1

I haven't been using Spiral ring, I just realized it might be better than Rajas. Should I use Tokon hachimanki and WS gorget instead of Genbu and Faith?

I'd like to leave either Tokon or Faith on for +1 base dmg.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 16:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Needs more emyprean ws
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-27 17:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Faith is usually better as long as it's breaking a tier (it is at 85), I'd go with the bucket over the Tokon as well.

I lack your atmas but I've always found Howling Fist to be far superior to Ascetic's Fury on things with high defense/evasion. Howling can't crit though so I guess if you can crank your crit hit rate that high Ascetic's might be better.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 17:05:09
Link | Citer | R

I've always liked AFury, never tried it out in Abyssea. I'll have to try it next time I go, this is interesting.

The razed ruins is definitely helping, so I don't think you'd see those kinds of numbers w/o frequently critting. I tried to look up sanguine scythe, but I can't find any info on it's stats, but it'd have to be a hell of an atma to beat the violet.

Even if it does win for ws, have to look and see if it wins overall, because DoT is an important roll in mnk.

on a side note, what do you get razed ruins from, wiki is lacking atm.

Use gorget over torque, definitely. Geek genbucket, the 5 h2h skill is not gonna amount to much. If you need acc, use anwig 25 ws acc.

Another suggestion, do magians. If you have a focus up and a focus down set, it's obvious you care for mnk. Those h2h there are trash. I'd recommend tapian fangs+1, fire path (str/attack) or defense down path both work.
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-09-27 17:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Faith is usually better as long as it's breaking a tier (it is at 85), I'd go with the bucket over the Tokon as well.

I lack your atmas but I've always found Howling Fist to be far superior to Ascetic's Fury on things with high defense/evasion. Howling can't crit though so I guess if you can crank your crit hit rate that high Ascetic's might be better.

What kind of damage was your Howling fist was doing?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 17:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:

For a 2hit ws, the .1 ftp is going to amount to more than 1 base dmg. It's better than torque, even if it boosts your DMG by 1
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-09-27 17:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I've always liked AFury, never tried it out in Abyssea. I'll have to try it next time I go, this is interesting.

The razed ruins is definitely helping, so I don't think you'd see those kinds of numbers w/o frequently critting. I tried to look up sanguine scythe, but I can't find any info on it's stats, but it'd have to be a hell of an atma to beat the violet.

Even if it does win for ws, have to look and see if it wins overall, because DoT is an important roll in mnk.

I have Fire Taipan Fang's +1, But in Abyssea I think I have too much STR. I have all Abyssites of Furtherance and I use Eve's Atma.

I have fire taipan +1

Use gorget over torque, definitely. Geek genbucket, the 5 h2h skill is not gonna amount to much. If you need acc, use anwig 25 ws acc.

Another suggestion, do magians. If you have a focus up and a focus down set, it's obvious you care for mnk. Those h2h there are trash. I'd recommend tapian fangs+1, fire path (str/attack) or defense down path both work.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Ragnarok.Bador
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: bador
By Ragnarok.Bador 2010-09-27 17:10:16
Link | Citer | R

which nm gives Atma of the Razed ruins ?
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-09-27 17:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I have Fire Taipan Fangs +1, But in Abyssea I already have too much STR. I have all Abyssites of Furtherance and I use Eve's Atma.

Razed Ruins is from Ironclad Pulverizer.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 17:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Even w/o the 8 str, they're better than Heofon. Heofon were mathed to be about equivalent to tapian fangs+1 w/ no DD stats on them (like the evasion path for example). Even if capping str the 18 attack is still going to pull them ahead.

And even if you are capping fstr, the 8 str will still apply for WS mod, as WSC does not cap.
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-27 17:21:04
Link | Citer | R

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/94022-What-s-Better?p=4029816&viewfull=1#post4029816

While completely irrelevant to Howling Fist/Ascetic's, some math on Faith vs Gorget. I extrapolated here thinking if it was good enoguh for Tornado Kick I could save myself an inventory slot but it appears I need to dust off my gorget.

I lack any real DD atmas (I just go with the Orobon one and Atma of the Hero) so my weaponskills in general are probably laughable compared to people with access to better buffs, but my Howling Fists usually float around 800-900 whereas every time I try Ascetic's I get something below 500. I've just found Howling Fist to be much more consistent damage than Ascetic's.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 17:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Can you post your stats in abyssea with ws gear?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 17:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Not sure of his stats, but I can say getting numbers like that with any consistency is almost, if not, entirely based on the crit+ atma
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 17:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah a mnk in my ls is saying it's all lies lol
 Remora.Meredoc
Serveur: Remora
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-27 17:45:30
Link | Citer | R

He is hitting really hard. I think all MNK are double taking on this one lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-27 18:11:05
Link | Citer | R

He's by far the best non-relic DD on cerb tho, atleast gearwise.
Havent seen him in action :P
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-27 18:30:34
Link | Citer | R

That ephemeral murex sees you rollin oblit
He hatin
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-27 18:43:46
Link | Citer | R

As a fellow MNK who is always hungry for more power, I salute you Oblit.
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-09-27 21:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Not sure of his stats, but I can say getting numbers like that with any consistency is almost, if not, entirely based on the crit+ atma

It is consistent, like I said I was averaging 2.1k on regular mobs and NMs. After we got the DEX atma, our WARs and THFs were doing so much more damage, WARs were doing 60% crit hit rate and 600 crit average.

I tank on MNK or SAM, and since SAM wasn't really benefiting on DEX atma, I tried it on MNK hoping to get a good crit hit rate and crit damage on melee hits. My first 5 Ascetic's fury were doing over 2.3k. Was doing the same damage on NMs also.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-27 21:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Skimmed this thread, but didn't see this answered. Razed Ruins comes from Ironclad Pulverizer, it's the only force popped Ironclad, need the Ironclad Ovserver (which is just a head I think) and the cluster NM key items in Mis.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 21:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Also still wanna know what your stats are doing that...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 21:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Oblit said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

It is consistent, like I said I was averaging 2.1k on regular mobs and NMs. After we got the DEX atma, our WARs and THFs were doing so much more damage, WARs were doing 60% crit hit rate and 600 crit average.

I tank on MNK or SAM, and since SAM wasn't really benefiting on DEX atma, I tried it on MNK hoping to get a good crit hit rate and crit damage on melee hits. My first 5 Ascetic's fury were doing over 2.3k. Was doing the same damage on NMs also.
oh, i wasn't saying it wasn't consistent. I was saying that the atma is the reason for it, and if you don't have it, trying for these numbers consistently will result in failure.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 22:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Also, the Abyssea WS's seem to be raping all others so far, after looking at tachi fudo and the gax one.

Victory Smite is also crit varies w/ TP. So I'd assume that'll easily become the best WS for abyssea.

Edit: Wrong ws
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-09-27 23:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also still wanna know what your stats are doing that...

I will post it in a bit.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-09-27 23:26:35
Link | Citer | R

thats some crappy dmg, my shinsoku can do 3k gekkos.
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
Serveur: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-27 23:35:32
Link | Citer | R

poidh
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 23:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Lol maybe Ittoryu should take that 3m he's wanting to spend in V.Bhuj and buy a clue.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-09-27 23:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Lol maybe Ittoryu should take that 3m he's wanting to spend in V.Bhuj and buy a clue.

dude i'm selling it not buying it XD
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 23:54:07
Link | Citer | R

lol well when someone buys it, you should take the 3m you receive and buy a clue.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-09-27 23:54:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lol well when someone buys it, you should take the 3m you receive and buy a clue.

noted
First Page 2