Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tips to getting over FFXI
Tips to getting over FFXI
By Pepper 2010-09-27 21:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Thought up some more things...

Alternatively you can put a sign on you that says level 15 thf then go outside and fight any bees you find.

Could go fishing and keep a record of all the carp you catch until you hit 10,000 then go to the bait store and ask for a lu shangs.

When it has rained outside you can go to your sidewalk and try to avoid aggro from the worms.

You could get a custom license plate and label it lol(your three letter job here). Personally I am totally going for the lolpup one someday.

Go to the gas station and ask the person inside if their prices are so high because everyone has been buying from the guild.

If you have a full time job you can get a part time one and call it your sub job.

You could try cooking something new and if your stove catches fire or something yell that you are breaking the synth and need support.

If your wife, girl friend, mother, boy friend, husband, best friend, friend, or acquaintance want you to come do something with them you can totally put on a red shirt and force d/c.

Go to Ikea and buy materials to skill up your WW. Might I suggest the bookshelf to keep any parchment you may make in the future.

This one be nice if you can find it or make it. Get a moogle pinata or something and hang it in the middle of your room by something and then get up and spin it while saying "KUPOPOPOPOPOPO" and banging your ceiling. If you are living with another tell them that it is okay you were just stuck in the Kupo d'Etat cutscene.

You could label your mailbox as the "DB" with some letters or something.

Eat a cookie and sit down happy and call up someone who is playing the game to tell them you are recovering 6 more a tic while you rest for the next three minutes.

Grow marijuana in your house and then RMT it.

If someone harasses you IRL for all of this call the police and ask for the help desk then immediately say you want to report a violation and have read the behavior terms and conditions.

If you get in a fight just yet something like "HUNDRED FISTS", "Invincible", or for the extremists out there "MIJIN GAKURE!!!".

I am going to stop listing these now, enjoy RL :P

EDIT:
Alternatively you can become a telemarketer and say you are calling from Brosale since they keep sending me tells everyday.

I LOLed hard... /thank you for that

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-27 21:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Pepper said:
Thought up some more things...

Alternatively you can put a sign on you that says level 15 thf then go outside and fight any bees you find.

Could go fishing and keep a record of all the carp you catch until you hit 10,000 then go to the bait store and ask for a lu shangs.

When it has rained outside you can go to your sidewalk and try to avoid aggro from the worms.

You could get a custom license plate and label it lol(your three letter job here). Personally I am totally going for the lolpup one someday.

Go to the gas station and ask the person inside if their prices are so high because everyone has been buying from the guild.

If you have a full time job you can get a part time one and call it your sub job.

You could try cooking something new and if your stove catches fire or something yell that you are breaking the synth and need support.

If your wife, girl friend, mother, boy friend, husband, best friend, friend, or acquaintance want you to come do something with them you can totally put on a red shirt and force d/c.

Go to Ikea and buy materials to skill up your WW. Might I suggest the bookshelf to keep any parchment you may make in the future.

This one be nice if you can find it or make it. Get a moogle pinata or something and hang it in the middle of your room by something and then get up and spin it while saying "KUPOPOPOPOPOPO" and banging your ceiling. If you are living with another tell them that it is okay you were just stuck in the Kupo d'Etat cutscene.

You could label your mailbox as the "DB" with some letters or something.

Eat a cookie and sit down happy and call up someone who is playing the game to tell them you are recovering 6 more a tic while you rest for the next three minutes.

Grow marijuana in your house and then RMT it.

If someone harasses you IRL for all of this call the police and ask for the help desk then immediately say you want to report a violation and have read the behavior terms and conditions.

If you get in a fight just yet something like "HUNDRED FISTS", "Invincible", or for the extremists out there "MIJIN GAKURE!!!".

I am going to stop listing these now, enjoy RL :P

EDIT:
Alternatively you can become a telemarketer and say you are calling from Brosale since they keep sending me tells everyday.

I LOLed hard... /thank you for that

Yw :P

Still wishing I had said muslim instead of "extremists", but I just had to be politically correct. Go figure,,
All I can say is....

Mildryan.
 Cerberus.Prometeo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Prometeo
By Cerberus.Prometeo 2010-09-27 21:55:12
Link | Citer | R

one of them is to stop making these dumb threads
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-09-27 22:05:08
Link | Citer | R

chaosmite said:
Sell your car. Buy an Ostrich. Paint it yellow. RL chocobo. You're welcome.

OMGCANI
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-09-27 22:21:11
Link | Citer | R

I stopped paying, and never looked back. FFXI was boring, had some of the biggest *** you could find, a poorly built game when you think about it really hard, and was *** up in too many ways.

So think about all the things you hated about FFXI like I do. You can come back to these forums all you want and never miss this game a bit.
 Titan.Eiryn
Serveur: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-27 23:02:44
Link | Citer | R

Yea, but that's the reason why we were all addicted... the game punished you at every turn and made it tough to get almost any piece of endgame gear that you wanted. Not only that but you had to rely on the people around you so when you found a good group, you stuck with them like a family. THAT is the difference between FFXI and WoW/Aion and any other game out there. Most of us are masochists who have a strong sense of loyalty, or for the *** that play the game, just gluttons for punishment.
 Fenrir.Yinsha
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-09-27 23:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Eiryn said:
Yea, but that's the reason why we were all addicted... the game punished you at every turn and made it tough to get almost any piece of endgame gear that you wanted. Not only that but you had to rely on the people around you so when you found a good group, you stuck with them like a family. THAT is the difference between FFXI and WoW/Aion and any other game out there. Most of us are masochists who have a strong sense of loyalty, or for the *** that play the game, just gluttons for punishment.
It hurts so good.
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-09-27 23:55:54
Link | Citer | R

All people do end game for is the gear, and for what? To be better a job for what? You get that gear, to get more gear, to just throw away what you worked hard for, to waste time and work hard for something that becomes useless, for what?

Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-09-28 00:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
All people do end game for is the gear, and for what? To be better a job for what? You get that gear, to get more gear, to just throw away what you worked hard for, to waste time and work hard for something that becomes useless, for what?

To be the best.
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 00:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

To not be a scrub like the rest of you newbs
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-09-28 00:32:11
Link | Citer | R

See why I say this game is *** up?
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-09-28 00:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

I recently came to that conclusion. Gonna wait to the point where I'm so outclassed that I'll be ashamed and quit. Kinda how like I quit Yu-Gi-Oh! They came up with so many sets and so many different card types that it wasn't the game I fell in love with and I lost interest. It would be totally foreign to me today if I even started to look at it again.

Mostly though, it's the people. That would be the hardest part to give up.
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 00:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
See why I say every MMO is *** up?

ftfy
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 00:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Paulus said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

I recently came to that conclusion. Gonna wait to the point where I'm so outclassed that I'll be ashamed and quit. Kinda how like I quit Yu-Gi-Oh! They came up with so many sets and so many different card types that it wasn't the game I fell in love with and I lost interest. It would be totally foreign to me today if I even started to look at it again.

But Yu-Gi-Oh! was fun to play :( Zombie deck ftw.
 Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-09-28 01:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

But Yu-Gi-Oh! was fun to play :( Zombie deck ftw.
Get your game on.
 Diabolos.Karisa
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-28 01:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Id delete my char and try to play as a lv 1 again. i bet id get over it real quick if i couldnt play my main
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-28 01:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
See why I say this game is *** up?

¿suck less?
By Vyrrtaru 2010-09-28 08:26:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Elaenia said:
telling all your ffxi friends to *** off is working pretty good for me so far, altho i don't plan on quitting, just not logging in as often
but mine were dickbags anyway so you might not wanna do that to yours if they're cool people :(

Yes, because we are dickbags for you freaking out on us and going on an emotional rampage just because you got rejected by somebody you actually "love." You tried to just say "no I think I'm just messing with him" and play your sarcasm game, but who believed you? Nobody ^-^.

If you guys want to follow Elaenia's method then you do this:
1) E-Crush over one of your best friends
2) Get rejected
3) Go on a rampage and *** out on everybody
4) Let said friend loot your character, proceed to QQ about how he was only supposed to loot RDM gear, and then come back to the game and get your ***back
5) Go back to "normal" for a few days
6) Get rejected again
7) Kick everybody out of your LS that is online and then break the shell (just because one person said somebody is AFK. . . still hilarious btw :3)
8) Hide everything on FFXIAH, delete all of the people that were in the Linkshell
9) Continue to log onto whoever you can (on here, of course. . . glad none of us were dumb enough to give you character info) and then block all of THEIR friends etc etc
10) ???
11) Profit definitely doesn't belong here.

IF you decide to tweak out on more people, please publicize your *** so we can update this step-by-step process for the people who are looking for the stupid way out. Also, I think we have basically told -you- to *** off and not the other way around, seeing as how you've done the above and completely avoided us.

Yes, you did try to talk to people, but guess what? They didn't want to listen to your bull anymore so they ignored you! Congratulations on not figuring that one out.

QQ moar you schizo.
[+]