Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » monk gear help
monk gear help
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-09-25 16:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Okay so here's the situation. My younger brother started leveling monk and I've been helping him out, but I am at a loss on how to gear monk really. I get the basic idea of haste acc and att. But im looking for something a tad more specific

I know his mnk isnt the best or anywhere near it... I dont want this to turn into a flame gimp mnk thing. All I want is some help on gearing him up

(cat's claws are dmg +15 delay -5 DEX+2 acc+3)
I'm atleast happy i can help him work on trial of the magians, we have been powering through it for 2~3 days

obvious upgrades would be mnk af3, replace the ecphoria and get rid of the beetle earring >.>

He probably will never have CoP done and ToAU is out as well. So he is limited to notorious monster stuff and AH stuff

{Help me out!}
Thank you for your time and thank you in advance for anyone who posts helpful info

Edit: he also has little to no merits in anything x.x
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 16:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Walhara turban over aurore if possible, minuet+mermans till brutal+aesir, tiphia sting or rse ammo, rings are ok, feet, legs, back and waist are ok, aurore gloves prolly beat those if ur not reaching cap and can use the 2% haste body is ok. str and attk magian h2h are nice also. Bout it for small changes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-09-25 16:59:50
Link | Citer | R

thanks ^^

he has a pair of the aurore gloves too, i just told him if he feels like he's missing alot throw the sasuke on since he has no h2h merits

his merits will get up there but most likely i'll be the one doing his merits and missions. He has some health related issues with his intestines so he doesn't really do anything too lengthy, thats where i'll be coming in
 Siren.Julio
Serveur: Siren
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2010-09-25 17:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Walahra Turban, Thew Bomblet, Peacock Charm, Merman's Earring(s), Sharpeye Mantle

(edit: I'm so slow ;;)
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 17:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Didnt mention thew as its 400k and losing acc when you lack merits for str and some attk isnt necessarily best idea, pcc obvious, sharpeye good idea though would allow you to use aurore gloves then most likely.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-09-25 17:09:03
Link | Citer | R

is Belenos' mantle good too? or how about nifty mantle?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 17:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Fuk the nifty dex doesnt do as much for h2h as dual wield acc wise, the belenos is nice, although I would still have to keep cuch mantle for sam and blu anyway so Ive just got that and cerb+1 depending on my needs.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-25 17:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Forager's is fine for TPing. Use Belenos' Mantle for Asuran fists.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 17:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Forager's is fine for TPing. Use Belenos' Mantle for Asuran fists.

You mean the other way around ; forager for ws where you can load what would be haste slots with acc/attk pieces and belenos for tp where youd want acc on the back if you need it and haste isnt an option.
 Midgardsormr.Zelfina
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Beciant
By Midgardsormr.Zelfina 2010-09-25 17:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Kemas Earring is really worth looking into for monk.