Enhances Rice Balls Effect for MNK in Abyssea
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Shyral
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2010-09-25 08:44:23
Link | Citer | R

The other day my LS was fighting Avalerion, and we triggered the !!! from elemental WSs (don't remember which one exactly, was a NIN WS I think) and we got the Atma of the WInged Enigma to drop. It gives Haste Minor and Enhances Rice Ball Effects.

With this Atma, Roshi Jinpachi, and Nobushi Kyahan MNK can now get 3 Enhances Rice Ball Effect items. I think that (ignoring other stats) a shogun rice ball will give you +150 ATK and +15% DBL ATK for 60 minutes with these buffs/gear.

So, I don't know what the haste % is that you gain from the atma, or what form of haste it is, but any monks out there think about experimenting with this? I recently bought the jinpachi and killed lividroot amooshah last night (no drop), but I think this seems to be an interesting option for MNKs. The main thing I'm worried about is losing 8% haste from Wahahra and Fumas, though like I said, I might get some of that back with the atma haste.

Any thoughts?
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-09-25 09:07:46
Link | Citer | R

If I remember correctly the haste is ~1% (Not even worth an atma slot), and the amount of haste+other stats you lose from giving up those slots will never balance out with the gains from Rice Ball items (Not to mention you give up normal attack food you may have anyway).

IMO you're better off working on AF3+1 pieces, though I am not sure the stats on those for MNK. Chances are very good they tear riceball builds apart.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-09-25 12:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Not worth in in Tp view point, but.... on the other side a WS piece maybe. MNK ws is largely ATT based and +150 attack double attack+15% might do well. Haven't used my mnk in a while but looks like you could test it to see if u get a improvement in WS.
 Asura.Nususu
Serveur: Asura
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-09-25 12:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Does Atma haste count towards gear haste or ability haste or something else? Magic haste perhaps?
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-09-25 12:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Gear i belive
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-09-25 12:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Stridentzephon said:
Not worth in in Tp view point, but.... on the other side a WS piece maybe. MNK ws is largely ATT based and +150 attack double attack+15% might do well. Haven't used my mnk in a while but looks like you could test it to see if u get a improvement in WS.

This highly depends on which WS you are using. Most single-hit WS do not benefit from the ATT due to them having a fairly good native Attack Bonus.
On the other hand, Asuran Fists already has 8 hits- So the Double Attack will never process and is essentially wasted.
I'm not really up to date on what MNKs are using these days. Remember though, if you aren't TPing in the enhanced Riceball gear you are giving up normal attack food during your TP phase, which is a good portion of a MNK's damage.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-09-25 13:11:40
Link | Citer | R

True but as we are seeing MNK ATT in TP gear is getting a overhaul. It use to be togi O.kote various other pieces or haste att based gear.SE seems to make MNK more veristal in acquiring TP. With H2H reaching the level of 2 handers and all the acc from AF3, I would test the bonus from it since it is reativily free. If having 150 attack doesn't do much you still have all your other gear. IMO 150 attack during AF is worth trying. Only other time you have close to that attack with with double songs and berserk. Which everyone hates MNK/WAR now so /NIN it is. : :
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-25 15:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Something to keep in mind it's not a 150 attack gain. Subtract the attack from the previous food and now it's more like 50 attack gained. Not worth fulltiming riceball gear for.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-25 15:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Also, if it is 1% haste, as said in this thread, there are better Atma to infuse.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-09-25 22:14:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Alphir said:
from personal exp, I suggest the rice ball gear, especially if you can get another buff effect. I use roshi and nobushi full time over haste gear because I feel I've seen better results from using rice balls. What I've found is that I tend to become the tank quite quickly and frequently on mnk/dnc, even with a pld and wars voking it's still a challenge to get hate off me. Which is another reason I love the rice balls, not only do I get 100 att and some datt, I also get a good def buff (80) so I can take a beating if nec. I have full H2H merits and pretty good acc build so I don't miss alot. Haste is very imp, but my general observation is the rice balls outweigh the haste...Monk hits pretty damn fast as it is. My advice is try both and see what you like and roll with what works best for you. Good luck and happy punching!

Damn there goes another kitten..... Rice Ball> Haste? really? .....
You must be one of those amazing STR ring Tpers I always love to see.

OP, 1% haste loss to a mnk hurts, no matter the attack your getting. If it truely is only 1% haste you get from the atma, your giving up 7 Haste for roughly 50 attack.....
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-25 22:29:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Alphir said:
from personal exp, I suggest the rice ball gear, especially if you can get another buff effect. I use roshi and nobushi full time over haste gear because I feel I've seen better results from using rice balls. What I've found is that I tend to become the tank quite quickly and frequently on mnk/dnc, even with a pld and wars voking it's still a challenge to get hate off me. Which is another reason I love the rice balls, not only do I get 100 att and some datt, I also get a good def buff (80) so I can take a beating if nec.

I have full H2H merits and pretty good acc build so I don't miss alot. Haste is very imp, but my general observation is the rice balls outweigh the haste...Monk hits pretty damn fast as it is. My advice is try both and see what you like and roll with what works best for you.

Good luck and happy punching!

.....what the ***
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-25 22:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Alphir said:
from personal exp, I suggest the rice ball gear, especially if you can get another buff effect. I use roshi and nobushi full time over haste gear because I feel I've seen better results from using rice balls. What I've found is that I tend to become the tank quite quickly and frequently on mnk/dnc, even with a pld and wars voking it's still a challenge to get hate off me. Which is another reason I love the rice balls, not only do I get 100 att and some datt, I also get a good def buff (80) so I can take a beating if nec. I have full H2H merits and pretty good acc build so I don't miss alot. Haste is very imp, but my general observation is the rice balls outweigh the haste...Monk hits pretty damn fast as it is. My advice is try both and see what you like and roll with what works best for you. Good luck and happy punching!
Who can't get hate off of a war or pld?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-25 22:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Is there a better set than full usu for a MNK with H2H?
All you need is AF3+2 legs to break full usu at this point. Having the head as well will push it even further above full usu.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-25 22:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Alphir said:
from personal exp, I suggest the rice ball gear, especially if you can get another buff effect. I use roshi and nobushi full time over haste gear because I feel I've seen better results from using rice balls. What I've found is that I tend to become the tank quite quickly and frequently on mnk/dnc, even with a pld and wars voking it's still a challenge to get hate off me. Which is another reason I love the rice balls, not only do I get 100 att and some datt, I also get a good def buff (80) so I can take a beating if nec.

I have full H2H merits and pretty good acc build so I don't miss alot. Haste is very imp, but my general observation is the rice balls outweigh the haste...Monk hits pretty damn fast as it is. My advice is try both and see what you like and roll with what works best for you.

Good luck and happy punching!
Won't even dignify this with a proper response, as it is clearly (hopefully) a joke/troll post.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-25 22:47:39
Link | Citer | R

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-25 22:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Alphir said:
I'm just offering input for Shyral, since I have tried the setup he's asking about, and personally I like it and it works well for me. I found I do more dmg overall with it, but it's up to each person to play with diff gear sets to see what works best.
You found nothing eyeballing, lol, except maybe a placebo effect.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-25 23:02:47
Link | Citer | R

75 attack from yellow curry and 8% haste in gear (turban + fumas) + the atma you can use for like +20 STR.
Or 150 attack and 15% DA and 1% haste? hmm...

Edit: Probably not 100% accurate, but yeah.. (6AM ftl)
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-09-26 02:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Ok i'm not saying full time it mnk DoT w/o food is great but as tiger said the total amount to add to WS is around 50+attack. I'm saying check the damage output that you gain for WS see how much gain it is. As mnk h2h base damage rises it starts to parse higher due to the scale ratio. So i would see how much damage is gained from the extra attack in WS. to see if its worth it. OP said he already has the drop item with the stats on it and the last item is praticelly free. Kvazz, iirc during AF STR and VIT have only 20% or 10% mod towards each or them which them att/acc takes pro over those two. In no way am i saying to tp in the item, tho you could do it in one of them cause MNK got another lvl MA, Haste>all atm.
 Bismarck.Shyral
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2010-09-27 08:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the responses. I was hoping maybe the haste gained from the atma would be more significant.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 09:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Alphir said:
Just remember to have fun, it is just a game.
I looove when someone says this lol. Basically implies that you can have fun with riceballs, but it'd be impossible to have fun in haste gear.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-27 09:47:18
Link | Citer | R

I have fun in haste gear =(
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-09-27 09:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Being effective =/= fun.

Dicking around with proven-inferior gearsets = fun.

Using a chat log parser to measure your damage/time =/= fun.

Hitting for 3000+ damage to get a hardon at the expense of total damage... Do I really have to say it?

Go ahead, have fun. Just keep it as far away from me as possible!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-27 10:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Being effective is fun for me =D
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-27 10:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Being effective =/= fun.

Dicking around with proven-inferior gearsets = fun.

Using a chat log parser to measure your damage/time =/= fun.

Hitting for 3000+ damage to get a hardon at the expense of total damage... Do I really have to say it?

Go ahead, have fun. Just keep it as far away from me as possible!

How does anyone have fun doing ***damage overall and having poor gear?

Hitting for 3k+ is fun of course, won't argue with that.

Parsing and doing well isn't fun? I like parsing so I know how I'm doing and if I need to change anything to improve. That's the point of an MMO, improving your gear. There's NO REASON you can't have fun while doing it.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-09-27 10:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the data but as i stated, mix the two, tp in haste ws with rice, Just to boost the ws. I think that on the test he stated he only had 2 of 3 of the items.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-27 16:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Mnk is 60-65% DoT and 35-40% ws.

There is no reason to ruin your DoT for WS damage, which isn't even that much. You gain like 50 attack, if you're using meat. If you're using pizza, you lose out on a lot of accuracy for DoT and WS dmg. The 15% DA does nothing for asuran, as it's already at it's 8 hit limit.

The riceball build does a ton more for mnk's DoT (which is still inferior to haste) than it does for mnk's ws dmg.
First Page 2