Walk Of Echo's (coin Farming)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Walk Of Echo's (coin farming)
Walk Of Echo's (coin farming)
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-09-22 16:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Confirmed that 5 is open now, but I think 4 and 6 are still locked? I'll check tonight when I get a chance to log in.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-23 08:17:17
Link | Citer | R

id love to check out some WoE.. but not had chance to yet.. i went in once just to have a look at it and got 2 shotted (lmfao!).. but w/e..

Even if i just sat back and skilled or w/e idc about coins or anythign just something different to do i guess
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-23 13:01:54
Link | Citer | R

I can solo the first mob pup with whm frame but after that is when it gets tricky, but i found out pups can do the hate free nukes on the crabs at the stairs soloing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-26 11:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else noticed the WoE leeches have been getting worse?

It's gotten to the point where we'll only enter if the zone is completely empty, and will still get 1-3 leeches who come out within 20 minutes of us entering the zone. Also an increase in the number of douchebags who lot stuff we farmed for our members or send us /tells saying "I just need X/30 more to finish!".

No ***, so do we. Why the *** do you think we're in there fighting?

It was annoying enough when people who were already there just followed us in no matter how many other empty battlefields there were. Last night we had a whm/sam duo stand waiting for over an hour for us to enter a battlefield, then follow us in. With their setup they could have easily farmed coins in any of the other confluxes, so why follow us besides laziness and greed? We even offer to leave the zone to them and take another conflux, but they just continue to follow us around until we give up for the night.

Being actively camped every time we run is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, especially when it's being done by people who have endgame Linkshells (we've been leeched by Kupo and LosNoobs members recently) that could easily help them with it.

Has anyone figured out a good way to keep these people off their backs, or does everyone else just suffer through the retards as well?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-26 11:25:05
Link | Citer | R

It's this way on every server. Suck it up and deal.

The gear isn't worth a ***, and the majority of your coins come from the top 5 chests anyway. So just let people alternate between pld,cor, and rdm (The three jobs that destroy in terms of total exp gained and top 5 chests obtained) and stop worrying about the people that come into the area.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-26 12:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
It's this way on every server. Suck it up and deal.

The gear isn't worth a ***, and the majority of your coins come from the top 5 chests anyway. So just let people alternate between pld,cor, and rdm (The three jobs that destroy in terms of total exp gained and top 5 chests obtained) and stop worrying about the people that come into the area.

No one gives a ***about the gear, like I said, we're there for coins. The issue comes when there are pouches in the final pool, and your members lose lot. It's the only point in the process where you can actually steer the correct coins towards the member who needs them, and it's frustrating when they get outbid by people who didn't contribute to the clear.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-10-26 12:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah majority of my coins came from getting top five and asking others to pass since they didnt have a single coin to begin with, usually just spammed #2 with random for the win, took about 3 weeks to get my GA not to mention being out lotted by people that have no idea what there were used for, it burnt me out i only go to it on Mondays and Saturdays now, but im looking forward to obtain two more weapons.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-26 13:18:52
Link | Citer | R

This is why I go with the JPs on the weekends in the wee hours of the morning. It's all random people, everyone participates, and no one whines when they lose lots on coins.

The system is set up as it stands. You'll just have to get over it, or stop doing walk of echoes.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-26 17:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
This is why I go with the JPs on the weekends in the wee hours of the morning. It's all random people, everyone participates, and no one whines when they lose lots on coins.

The system is set up as it stands. You'll just have to get over it, or stop doing walk of echoes.

Cool bro, I'm happy for you. I don't know why you keep saying get over it, I'm getting by just fine doing it while still wanting it to improve.
 Asura.Lecreuset
user: Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-10-28 05:23:31
Link | Citer | R

What's Walk of Echoes?
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-10-28 06:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lecreuset said:
What's Walk of Echoes?

Oh you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-10-28 06:32:03
Link | Citer | R

I am a leader of WoE, i experienced the same issues. Many leeches just came in and lot anything that drop even coins. I don't give ***about gears or anything, but coins for members that needed. I still think SE needs to do something about it. I am at 11/30 for Coins of Birth. It was not easy to do WoE with leeches, but I learned my lesson. We just do it and finish it. I told all members if i get outlotted by leech on any coin, all of my members just lotted it to beat them. it sucks. lol
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-10-28 07:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Marlboroman said:
Yeah this guy likes to leach ppls runs. But kinda fails at staying alive

Ahh I wouldn't let it worry you OP, he hasn't even posted since his first post, so definatley a hater, or a ***disturber.

Ya these are the A**hats you don't need to worry bout...looks to me he just wanted to troll.....
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-10-28 07:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
I am a leader of WoE, i experienced the same issues. Many leeches just came in and lot anything that drop even coins. I don't give ***about gears or anything, but coins for members that needed. I still think SE needs to do something about it. I am at 11/30 for Coins of Birth. It was not easy to do WoE with leeches, but I learned my lesson. We just do it and finish it. I told all members if i get outlotted by leech on any coin, all of my members just lotted it to beat them. it sucks. lol
Yup my ls does it the same way when a leecher out lots us ^_^, but im taking a long break from it enjoying my high numbers from my GA.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-28 14:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:

Yup my ls does it the same way when a leecher out lots us ^_^, but im taking a long break from it enjoying my high numbers from my GA.

I know that feeling, the weapons are putting out some pretty godly numbers. Three of our five members have weapons so far, and three people within 10 coins each of finishing another 3. We're not going to stop running regularly until everyone in our group has at least their first choice weapon. We're a small group of good friends, so we're dedicated to getting everyone what they want.

Then again, that's probably why we take it personally when people take drops from our priority weapons.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-28 14:18:55
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how retards can justify their leeching in Walk of Echoes. It may be an open event, but it's linkshells who are responsible for the organization and tactics of the battle.

We got so sick of leechers (And mind you, there is a difference between a contributing random member, and a leecher) that if we saw one of the "Trademark" leech jobs (Mostly PLD/WHM, but generally anything /WHM and not sac puller is a leech if they're on a Melee-oriented job) we would just up and leave the run. We did that 3 times, and our token leechers (They seriously started camping my runs, cause I was one of the few who could successfully do the Natrix fight with only 6-8 guys, as well as the Blob run) eventually lost hope. So if you want to get rid of them, you really have to opt for a MAD type position on the runs. (Mutually Assured Destruction)
[+]
 Asura.Lecreuset
user: Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-10-28 23:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said:
Asura.Lecreuset said:
What's Walk of Echoes?

Oh you.

/grin ;D
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-29 00:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I hate when people say "leech" off others' LS runs. This is the way SE designed WoE , anyone can join in , regardless if you organized the run or not , you can't stop them from joining in. Blame SE for making it public then or don't bash people around for joining in to farm coins.

This, this, 1000 times this
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-29 00:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I hate when people say "leech" off others' LS runs. This is the way SE designed WoE , anyone can join in , regardless if you organized the run or not , you can't stop them from joining in. Blame SE for making it public then or don't bash people around for joining in to farm coins.

This, this, 1000 times this

This would make sense, if 9/10 the people entering weren't completely *** PLD/WHM feeding the mob TP and making ***10,000,000 times harder.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [326 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-09-19 20:31:19
Link | Citer | R

how's the update? did coins really increased in drop rate
 Shiva.Odaka
Serveur: Shiva
user: Odaka