Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Whiteboxes and Blueboxes for everyone!
You can have this one.
 Valefor.Akitoshi
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Akitoshi 2010-09-14 11:03:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh, sorry. That was a typo. I didn't mean a set of Aurore. I wouldn't dare. >__<

But, thanks for the advice. I need to find out how to get the Iga seals. Only saw the one quest for the feet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-11-16 09:30:29
Link | Citer | R

I have another question concerning Gear. Mainly Weapons when dual wielding. I have Hochomasamune and Kamome. Which would I main hand in abyssea with Razed Ruin and Gnarled Horn atms on. I WS using Jin. Hochomasamune has higher base dmg but kamome has the incred crit dmg. I am currently stuck and want to know what the best decision would be.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-16 09:38:12
Link | Citer | R

I think someone said that the crit on kamome works in offhand as well. I havent tested it myself though, but shouldnt be too hard for you to parse and see for yourself which will be best.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-16 10:20:49
Link | Citer | R

To test, just hit level 0 stuff in such a way that only the mainhand will connect. Compare crit damages with and without Kamome and with the expected values predicted by the formula.
[+]
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-11-16 10:21:48
Link | Citer | R

yeah i might have to have a friend of mine do a parse since i don't play on PC.

I was hoping another Ninja already had the answer to this question.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-16 11:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it works offhanded, I've seen plenty of recommendations to that effect.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2010-11-28 07:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
I have another question concerning Gear. Mainly Weapons when dual wielding. I have Hochomasamune and Kamome. Which would I main hand in abyssea with Razed Ruin and Gnarled Horn atms on. I WS using Jin. Hochomasamune has higher base dmg but kamome has the incred crit dmg. I am currently stuck and want to know what the best decision would be.

i know this is an old ish thread but here is my opinions
Main: Hochomasamune
Sub : Kamome
i always put the lower delay on offhand and this actually works better, also

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
in abyssea with Razed Ruin and Gnarled Horn atms on.
i just tested out the difference between VV+RR and RR+Gnarled Horn atma combo's and the here is what i got in terms of results. (was fulltiming Yonin) i'd use VV+RR imo and this is why

RR + VV - Kparse File

RR+Gnarled Horn - Kparse File

this is why i ignore people tellong me to use RR+Gnarled Horn, the figures where parssed out of 113 WSs each. also i still havce the parse files if anyone wishes to look at the numbers in more detail and try say i am wrong. also if ya wondering what i TP/WS in to get these results then here is my items sets

TP (Hochomasamune should be Main hand)

WS

i am working to get AFv3 and working on my WS set. and yes i know my gear aint quite up to scratch but still do some decent numbers
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-28 12:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Gnarled Horn is more of a utility atma than a straight DD atma for non-Hi NINs. 25 eva (from AGI) and some counter combined with the +critrate isn't a bad setup at all. The gap would be much reduced with a more aggressive gear set though, not to mention the innate fallibilities of parsing.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-28 13:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lightvision said:
Sylph.Tsujikiri said:

i know this is an old ish thread but here is my opinions
Main: Hochomasamune
Sub : Kamome
i always put the lower delay on offhand and this actually works better, also

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
in abyssea with Razed Ruin and Gnarled Horn atms on.
i just tested out the difference between VV+RR and RR+Gnarled Horn atma combo's and the here is what i got in terms of results. (was fulltiming Yonin) i'd use VV+RR imo and this is why

RR + VV - Kparse File

RR+Gnarled Horn - Kparse File

this is why i ignore people tellong me to use RR+Gnarled Horn, the figures where parssed out of 113 WSs each. also i still havce the parse files if anyone wishes to look at the numbers in more detail and try say i am wrong. also if ya wondering what i TP/WS in to get these results then here is my items sets

TP (Hochomasamune should be Main hand)

WS

i am working to get AFv3 and working on my WS set. and yes i know my gear aint quite up to scratch but still do some decent numbers

Relic hands during day time as well? And I'm curious about usu feet. On SAM's ppl argue that the STP will let you ws 1 hit earlier, but why use them on nin?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-28 13:19:17
Link | Citer | R

Nothing wrong with using STP on a DW job, since it'll still reduce your average rounds to WS. If the accuracy is relevant I'd definitely say they're superior to Fumas, not 100% sure otherwise but I could see them being useful if you lack haste buffs or are low on attack.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-28 13:32:05
Link | Citer | R

So you're saying 7 STP > 1% haste?

I'm too old for this, aparently the whole game changed when I wasn't looking. look in any 1 year old gear advice thread and you'll see everyone go haste > everything (except for when 2 handers can ws 1 hit earlier).

Do you have a good explaination for fulltiming(?) relic hands too?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-28 13:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
So you're saying 7 STP > 1% haste?
No, I'm saying the combination of 7 STP, 7 accuracy, and 7 attack may be better than 1 haste. A sufficient amount of lesser stats may be superior than a single, more powerful stat. Would partly depend on the buffs you're receiving; if you're getting Haste + marches and have capped accuracy without Usu I'd probably (read: unmathed) go for Fumas but without outside Haste buffs I'd be completely unsurprised if Usukane won even with capped accuracy.

It's kind of like how full Perle beat builds with slightly more haste on DRG and DRK just because of the strong offensive stats elsewhere.

Quote:
No, that would be dumb.
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-28 18:50:03
Link | Citer | R

talking about stp, did anyone do the maths properly for the stp katana trial? I read and agree with any 2 hander would at current magian end products be foolish going for 10% ws increase when you can reduce your tp build by one hit and so ws more often for an effective ws dmg increase over time for way more than 10%. for 1 handers the effect is of course less since we need way more hits to hit a ws but is the store tp katana still better than the ws damage katana?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-28 19:22:52
Link | Citer | R

10% WSDMG is actually the better path for those weapons if you can x-hit (preferably 5-hit) them without the STP from the other path. Anyway, not sure; I'd imagine the STP path to be better DPS as NIN/DNC but otherwise TP overflow and other STP gear will keep them pretty close, likely favoring WSDMG. Margin would be very small though, >1%.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2010-11-29 06:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:

actually i use dusk during the day on TP, i dont have AF+1 so i dont really have anything for during the day fir WSing, just for the record the 3k WSs i done during the day.