FFXIV - Win Or Fail

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV - Win or Fail
FFXIV - Win or Fail
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 00:46:48
Link | Citer | R

The way I see it... is that it's so irrelevant that you might as well be complaining about the menu being a slightly different colour than you were expecting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Shirasoma
By Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma 2010-09-12 00:48:11
Link | Citer | R

The fact that believing UI choices are "okay" because they're essentially a carbon copy from an 8-year game, is definitely NOT okay, especially in the current MMO climate. I think this is the point most of us are trying to drive across. There's a multitude of ways to make doing things in-game that is more convenient. Of course, Square Enix think it's "okay" to just copy 11, I mean why change what works right? I mean, the console and JP players won't care about it, why does Square Enix have to cater to the ever progressing MMO market?
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-12 00:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
The way I see it... is that it's so irrelevant that you might as well be complaining about the menu being a slightly different colour than you were expecting.
Well no, because that actually affects how you'd feel about the game.

Having to hit Enter one extra time to sell an item isn't going to hurt anyone.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-12 00:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Well no, because that actually affects how you'd feel about the game.

Having to hit Enter one extra time to sell an item isn't going to hurt anyone.
Unless they have carpal tunnel.
 Sylph.Belmonth
Serveur: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-12 00:51:55
Link | Citer | R

I see that point though, they probably added a tons of windows to sell something because SE is probably sick of people constantly contacting them because they droped or npc'ed, an item or gear and are asking for refund o_o me being one of them. But still annoying, maybe just do it for gear and such? idk.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 00:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma said:
The fact that believing UI choices are "okay" because they're essentially a carbon copy from an 8-year game, is definitely NOT okay, especially in the current MMO climate. I think this is the point most of us are trying to drive across. There's a multitude of ways to make doing things in-game that is more convenient. Of course, Square Enix think it's "okay" to just copy 11, I mean why change what works right? I mean, the console and JP players won't care about it, why does Square Enix have to cater to the ever progressing MMO market?

I think you'll find that making content that is actual viable for casuals is evolving.

I mean having to press enter one more time might make some casuals think "*** NO, IF IT'S NOT ONCE THEN *** THIS ***!" but you know.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-12 00:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
I have tried selling things to NPC's and I don't see the issue. I honestly don't find it much worse than XI.
There's 1 more screen, obviously this will be a major, game breaking problem, oh noez!

Nobody said it would be a game breaking problem or even something that many people will notice. Is it something that bothers me? Yes, because I'm used to how it works in FFXI and by comparison it's much slower, especially when you need to completely clean out your inventory. Maybe you enjoy a drawn out process for selling your virtual items in a game but I'd rather sell my ***and get back out to having fun as quickly as possible.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-12 00:55:00
Link | Citer | R

All this talk of "casuals". It seems like it's becoming a new insult in game.

I've seen people be called "beta casuals" like crazy lately. It's such a stupid insult
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-12 00:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
i dont like tihs game cuz its not ffxi
Then just shut the hell up and play FFXI. No need to bash a different game because it's not the same thing you've been playing thus far.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-12 00:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
I have tried selling things to NPC's and I don't see the issue. I honestly don't find it much worse than XI.
There's 1 more screen, obviously this will be a major, game breaking problem, oh noez!

Nobody said it would be a game breaking problem or even something that many people will notice. Is it something that bothers me? Yes, because I'm used to how it works in FFXI and by comparison it's much slower, especially when you need to completely clean out your inventory. Maybe you enjoy a drawn out process for selling your virtual items in a game but I'd rather sell my ***and get back out to having fun as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't try to talk to Ent if I was you. FFXIV is god in his eyes =O
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma
By Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma 2010-09-12 00:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:

I think you'll find that making content that is actual viable for casuals is evolving.

I mean having to press enter one more time might make some casuals think "*** NO, IF IT'S NOT ONCE THEN *** THIS ***!" but you know.

The actual implementation is irrelevant. If SE decides to stick it out, then the players have to deal with it, end of story. What I'm saying is that this kind of attitude, which is obviously apparent at SE, is preventing any kind progression from taking place. It's assbackwards. What if SE actually decided to make selling things easier? Despite how you think such a change might only be saving you a few seconds of your time, you're still benefitting from it, and at least progression would be taking place, and all the "casuals" bitching can be happy too. WHY NOT PLEASE BOTH CAMPS
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-12 00:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
i dont like tihs game cuz its not ffxi
People who don't agree with me don't have valid opinions.

Well, while we're playing that game... What are you 12 years old? I compare how the interface works in FF14 to FFXI(mostly because everyone in this forum plays or has played FFXI) and all of the sudden I don't like the game because it isn't FFXI? Thank god I didn't compare the game to WoW, oh man, then I'd just be some random WoW fanboy.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:

The actual implementation is irrelevant. If SE decides to stick it out, then the players have to deal with it, end of story. What I'm saying is that this kind of attitude, which is obviously apparent at SE, is preventing any kind progression from taking place. It's assbackwards. What if SE actually decided to make selling things easier? Despite how you think such a change might only be saving you a few seconds of your time, you're still benefitting from it, and at least progression would be taking place, and all the "casuals" bitching can be happy too. WHY NOT PLEASE BOTH CAMPS

The entire argument is ridiculous, it's such a small stupid issue, and just proves that people will find ABSOLUTELY anything negative they can about XIV. I mean don't get me wrong some of the major issues like the lack of an AH may actually have long term effects, but something like this which is probably implemented due to safety reasons is just so small and insignificant.
 Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma
By Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma 2010-09-12 01:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

The entire argument is ridiculous, it's such a small stupid issue, and just proves that people will find ABSOLUTELY anything negative they can about XIV. I mean don't get me wrong some of the major issues like the lack of an AH may actually have long term effects, but something like this which is probably implemented due to safety reasons is just so small and insignificant.

Yes, UI selling is one small aspect. It's not perfect, but we'll deal with, OK. The more inclined we are to forgiving issues like these, the more likely you're gonna forgive the other ones too. And when this mentality pervades, SE will obviously think it's fine and they'll have no reason to change anything.

They don't have to change anything. They can do whatever the *** they want. But if it's in their interests to get players who are looking forward to progressions in whatever shape or form, they're going the totally wrong way about it.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-09-12 01:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Ya UI isn't important lolz. I'd dump a game in a sec if i can't play the damn thing.

Trying running around on ffxi with mouse controls.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:10:47
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Yes, UI selling is one small aspect. It's not perfect, but we'll deal with, OK. The more inclined we are to forgiving issues like these, the more likely you're gonna forgive the other ones too. And when this mentality pervades, SE will obviously think it's fine and they'll have no reason to change anything.

They don't have to change anything. They can do whatever the *** they want. But if it's in their interests to get players who are looking forward to progressions in whatever shape or form, they're going the totally wrong way about it.

If anyone is put off by that, I'm pretty glad they won't be on the same game as me tbh. If little issues like that stopped people playing a game XI would have no subscribers.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ya UI isn't important lolz. I'd dump a game in a sec if i can't play the damn thing.

I do. I use my mouse and keyboard.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-09-12 01:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:12:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

I control my camera and nearly everything with my mouse. At times I only use my keyboard for typing.
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-12 01:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

The UI in FFXI wasn't very good either and now we're sliding backwards rather than making improvements or *gasp* innovations in the market. SE has done some brilliant things with FFXIV. Why is it unreasonable to expect them to improve on the UI design from FFXI? WoW has one of the most intuitive, user friendly UI's of any MMO to date. It's high customizable and even the most inexperienced of gamers would likely be comfortable using it in a short amount of time. SE did say they wanted a larger slice of the MMO market right? If people find the interface clunky, they'll be lucky if the majority of people who have never played FFXI make it out of the front gate and to the first camp.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:12:57
Link | Citer | R

In fact I totally control movement with my mouse
 Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma
By Quetzalcoatl.Shirasoma 2010-09-12 01:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Except that is not the only issue. Last I checked there were tons. Single them out, they're annoying, but you can deal with it. I'm guessing that's the point you're trying to make. But add all those little problems together, guess what you get? You get a huge a problem. Which is where I think a lot of this bitching is stemming from. People will *** about the game, saying it's the end of the world, when to people on the other side look at it as the little problems only, and not as a whole.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

The UI in FFXI wasn't very good either and now we're sliding backwards rather than making improvements or *gasp* innovations in the market. SE has done some brilliant things with FFXIV. Why is it unreasonable to expect them to improve on the UI design from FFXI? WoW has one of the most intuitive, user friendly UI's of any MMO to date. It's high customizable and even the most inexperienced of gamers would likely be comfortable using it in a short amount of time. SE did say they wanted a larger slice of the MMO market right? If people find the interface clunky, they'll be lucky if the majority of people who have never played FFXI make it out of the front gate and to the first camp.

I honestly don't see how you're finding the interface that bad. Outside of the menu every bar etc is movable, the menu is only annoying due to lag the rest of it is not problematic at all to me.

Equipment is clunky due to lag, action bar the same... well nearly everything clunky is attributed to lag.
 Sylph.Cerilono
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-09-12 01:15:00
Link | Citer | R

I wish I had people to talk to on xiv :(
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cerilono said:
I wish I had people to talk to on xiv :(

Move to Trabia ^^
 Sylph.Cerilono
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-09-12 01:16:47
Link | Citer | R

I'll start a char right now if I can join a linkshell or something
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Except that is not the only issue. Last I checked there were tons. Single them out, they're annoying, but you can deal with it. I'm guessing that's the point you're trying to make. But add all those little problems together, guess what you get? You get a huge a problem. Which is where I think a lot of this bitching is stemming from. People will *** about the game, saying it's the end of the world, when to people on the other side look at it as the little problems only, and not as a whole.

Tons? What exactly? Please I'm interested to hear what the gigantic plaguing issues are with XIV that's causing everyone to make out the game is the next Daikatana.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cerilono said:
I'll start a char right now if I can join a linkshell or something

We've got a linkshell up on Trabia... Go here:

http://tehkrizz.net/names.asp

All our names are here, add a few of us and ask for a pearl. We've got about 40 people in the shell.
 Fenrir.Chiurilo
user: Chiurilo
By Fenrir.Chiurilo 2010-09-12 01:19:52
Link | Citer | R

14 is fine, runs on my PC np. It wants to d/c once in a while but probably because its beta. 14, the only thing thats kind of the same as 11 is the characters. I don't care much for the battle system, its a little weird to me. Seams like everyone coing from 11 to 14 expects it to be running perfect. Not only people from 11 are playing it, so people going to hate it or love it. 11 didn't start so great either. I give it 7/10 imo.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 01:20:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm wondering if XI had this many people whining about it in the Beta.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15