FFXIV - Win or Fail
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15
 Lakshmi.Kyi
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:21:36
Link | Citer | R

As for being an attention ***....look whose talking you do nothing but make yourself an attentions seeker. Guess it must take one to know one
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 18:22:26
Link | Citer | R

No Kyi, you simply said

"It will fail before XI"

This is called passing opinion off as fact. I know schools weren't quite up to scratch in your day, but do try to keep up.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
No Kyi, you simply said

"It will fail before XI"

This is called passing opinion off as fact. I know schools weren't quite up to scratch in your day, but do try to keep up.
It was an opinion look back at the logs I said wait and see.
By Artemicion 2010-09-14 18:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
As for being an attention ***....look whose talking you do nothing but make yourself an attentions seeker. Guess it must take one to know one

Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Flionheart said:
No Kyi, you simply said

"It will fail before XI"

You decided to make it a fact because it suits your argument. I still stand by the wait 12 months and see which is still around
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 18:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Flionheart said:
No Kyi, you simply said

"It will fail before XI"

You really didn't. Do I have to quote you to prove you wrong?
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
fail...so many initial problems are encouraging alot of people to not even bother looking at it any more
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Yes, and I know alot of people that arent going to try it. FFXI will stay because no one is interested in XIV now.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Who reads books....Out of the 10 ls I have with 100+ people 2 said they would be getting it the rest said no Im not bothering.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
98% rejection before release date is something to be proud of.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
young old indifferent whatever. FFXIV will be a failure. Good luck if your going. btw that wont be the xbox user or the ps3 users or anyone who needs to upgrade their pcs. Way to reduce your population before you start, lets hope you got new people lined up. Im betting only a handful will go and it fails within 12months.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Anyone buy FFXIII and is still playing it? FFXIV will go the same way.

Were all said before

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
You do realize your in the minority. Lets wait a year and see who was right.

You passed opinion off as fact WAY before you said "Wait for a year"
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-14 18:28:25
Link | Citer | R

Wanted to post this here instead of the LOL thread ~
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-14 18:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Flion and Kyi, wanna stop crapping up a good thread with meaningless back-and-forth retorts, or should I stop you?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Flionheart said:
No Kyi, you simply said

"It will fail before XI"

You really didn't. Do I have to quote you to prove you wrong?
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
fail...so many initial problems are encouraging alot of people to not even bother looking at it any more
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Yes, and I know alot of people that arent going to try it. FFXI will stay because no one is interested in XIV now.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Who reads books....Out of the 10 ls I have with 100+ people 2 said they would be getting it the rest said no Im not bothering.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
98% rejection before release date is something to be proud of.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
young old indifferent whatever. FFXIV will be a failure. Good luck if your going. btw that wont be the xbox user or the ps3 users or anyone who needs to upgrade their pcs. Way to reduce your population before you start, lets hope you got new people lined up. Im betting only a handful will go and it fails within 12months.
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Anyone buy FFXIII and is still playing it? FFXIV will go the same way.

Were all said before

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
You do realize your in the minority. Lets wait a year and see who was right.

You passed opinion off as fact WAY before you said "Wait for a year"

This thread was about fail or win. What else did you expect but opinions you seem only to want to know positive opinions and anything negative is trash....so whose expressing opinions and whose stating facts. Your fact is its a win and i dont wanna know what other peoples opinion is, so you say those are facts and are wrong.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 18:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Love the new trailer, shame the game is nothing like it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-14 18:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
You decided to make it a fact because it suits your argument. I still stand by the wait 12 months and see which is still around

Spoiler: They'll both be around.

Wanna know why?

"The people playing the game now, will likely be the ones playing it for the rest of their life." -MechaKass

XI will probably be "around" for quite a long time. Sure, it's practically dead due to the lack of new players coming into the world, but it'll still be there... Stagnating.

Same will hold true for XIV. People will play it and the game likely won't "die" ever(inb4 2012). How long it takes before the stagnation process hits is still a mystery, though.

That said, I still don't understand how comparing 13 to 14 is a valid argument. The only thing they have in common is that they're "New."
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-14 18:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Flion and Kyi, wanna stop crapping up a good thread with meaningless back-and-forth retorts, or should I stop you?

Stop them, so I can lol.. BTW, what are you doing, Friday? =O
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Not my opinion nor my mate just whats out there

Vigrim wrote:
If FF14 was a girl, I'd give her a 9/10 for looks, and a 3/10 for personality. "One Night Stand" ranking only.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 18:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Not my opinion nor my mate just whats out there

Vigrim wrote:
If FF14 was a girl, I'd give her a 9/10 for looks, and a 3/10 for personality. "One Night Stand" ranking only.

If you go looking for negativity on something, of course you'll find it. Try looking for positivity, and you'll be surprised when you find that as well.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:44:31
Link | Citer | R

balanced debates need positive and negative...just balancing up what was here.
 Sylph.Belmonth
Serveur: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-14 18:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:

Yours din't sound negative nor positive, just plain trolling.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 18:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Belmonth said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

Yours din't sound negative nor positive, just plain trolling.

Someone needs to explain what the heck that means trolling. Cos its not in the dictionary.

My opinion was out of all the people Ive spoken to 98% said they are not going to try FFXIV and therefore I would deem that a failure. But only 12months will show either way if it becomes fact.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-14 18:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Let's just acknowledge each others' opinions as they are, and leave our judgmental replies to somewhere more private. :/
 Ramuh.Tousou
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-14 19:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyi said:

My opinion was out of all the people Ive spoken to 98% said they are not going to try FFXIV and therefore I would deem that a failure. But only 12months will show either way if it becomes fact.

98% of the people you've spoken to say they're not going to try XIV, therefore XIV is a failure(in your opinion).

Which means:

If in 12 months 98% of said people still refused to try XIV, XIV is still a failure, regardless of subscribers/content/etc.

That aside... HOLY ***I'M A MINORITY! GIMMEH DEM DAYUM REPARATIONS, FOO'!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-14 19:21:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping there will be more classes, but it seems they have combined MNK and THF into Pugilists.. I dunno, Pugilist is the only class I have looked into.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 19:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I'm hoping there will be more classes, but it seems they have combined MNK and THF into Pugilists.. I dunno, Pugilist is the only class I have looked into.
Yeah, a lot of traits of other jobs on FFXI are in the new jobs on XIV.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-14 19:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

It seems Conjurer is like WHM & RDM. Idk. While, from what I've seen, it looks great, it seems to be pretty bare on classes. Once people start capping them, FFXIV will kinda lose a little of it's fun, if you like to XP, plus, we need a BST type job.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 19:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:

They found dats for BRD SAM fencer, Arcanist and a few other things too

Ah yeah Enforcer too

There was another but I forget.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 19:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

It seems Conjurer is like WHM & RDM. Idk. While, from what I've seen, it looks great, it seems to be pretty bare on classes. Once people start capping them, FFXIV will kinda lose a little of it's fun, if you like to XP, plus, we need a BST type job.

Pet jobs will be in the game, just not at release

Got to remember there were only 6 jobs in XI at release.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 19:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

If I remember, unless they've changed it, regardless the armour, it's the same level for the armour you wear.

So it's only one level cap anyway. It's unique, but they'll need a lot more story than FFXI had to keep the interest.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-14 19:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
They found dats for BRD SAM fencer, Arcanist and a few other things too Ah yeah Enforcer too There was another but I forget.

Oh!! A job I'd LOVE to see is one that has only made ONE main series appearance in FFV; Mystic Knight, In FFXI, RDM was half Mystic Knight, they enhanced their swords with magic spells. (For those who don't care to play FFV)
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 19:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
They found dats for BRD SAM fencer, Arcanist and a few other things too Ah yeah Enforcer too There was another but I forget.

Oh!! A job I'd LOVE to see is one that has only made ONE main series appearance in FFV; Mystic Knight, In FFXI, RDM was half Mystic Knight, they enhanced their swords with magic spells. (For those who don't care to play FFV)

Well Arcanist uses 'hilts' so it's assumed that the blade is made out of magic

that's all I know though, it's hard to get leaks.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-14 19:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Con is more of the WHM-BLM to me.
Thua is more of the RDM. It's got more enfeebs
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 19:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:

Just wanted to comment on this. Conjurer seems more like BLM and WHM combined more then RDM and whm. Its kinda hard to explain really, GLD and MRD(Maurader? idk its thingy) seem to be both warrior based, but each taking there own way. GLD being more mixed with PLD(Sword and shield, and some abilites for pld) while the other is great axe and a DD.
By Fouludragon 2010-09-14 19:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Fouludragon said:

Hmm

Just wanted to have the video here so people don't need to copy/paste XD

Edit:

I'd also like to mention that that video really puts the fatugue system into a nice perspective. Heck, I found some stuff out with it even XD

Thank you so much for posting this. It was difficult to find a legitimate unbiased approach to the fatigue system. Finally it makes a lot more sense.

You're very welcome.

I think the system of leveling up in this format fits perfectly. In another post, I compared FFXIV point alignment with dragon quest 7 or Starry skies [8]. By leveling multiple jobs you can save those aligned points to not only improve your stats but also learn abilities for the main job you want to work on.

Lancer was my first interest because of the constant critical hit I kept getting & don't have to be so close when engaging at an enemy. I have very high hp but a little inaccurate, but adjustable when dexterity is raised. When I learned Corrosive blow this move works so well on so many levels against high resilient monsters.

Now, when I leveled pugilist another great main I love playing, had a familiar "boost" move that I attached onto my lancer. So it works somethings like this ( forgot the name so you gotta forgive me on this. I stopped beta so I can save the fun of fatigue later on xD):

"Boost" move + corrosive blow = 245 damage on crab monster decent challenge per say.

My problem with pugilist is the reduced hp & burns stamina way too fast. Other than that, damage out put performs quite well than most other damage dealers.

Conjurer is just about as addicting to solo than being a melee. A wonderful BLM like job but can actually solo and for the love god can actually do some damage when using the weapon too. This time, instead of a few main magics used like in FFXI only now you have to use different kinds against monsters that are weak against it. I'm just trying to figure out how to recover MP without going to a CAMP stone to be fully recovered.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15