First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 20:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Example:
I thought Bleach was horrible, I watched it: not so bad.
But then I watched Naruto, and came to the conclusion that it was not so good.

I can't say it about 14 yet but eeeeeeeeeh I expressed my reasoning on that earlier lol.
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 20:44:36
Link | Citer | R

hmmmmmmmmm
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:
I thought Bleach was horribly, I watched it: not so bad.

Exactly my point. A lot of movies that I've loved have had bad reviews due to friends disliking the type of movie I like. I watched them and realised they were good, and now I'm glad that I tried it before I counted it out. It's one of the main reasons I pirate games. I like to try things instead of follow the opinion of others.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 20:47:12
Link | Citer | R

ive read a lot of bad reviews
watched the movie and hated it
shouldve saved my time/money by listening to the review

its stupid to think you dont have a gut feeling telling you something sucks.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 20:47:43
Link | Citer | R

do you think ffxi was fun when it first came out?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 20:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:

Exactly my point. A lot of movies that I've loved have had bad reviews due to friends disliking the type of movie I like. I watched them and realised they were good, and now I'm glad that I tried it before I counted it out. It's one of the main reasons I pirate games. I like to try things instead of follow the opinion of others.
the way i do it is as follows:
i have zero expectations for a game, or at least i prefer to.
doing that makes me enjoy the game so much because it removes all the hype. positive and negative and lets the game speak for itself.

By Zekko 2010-09-09 20:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:

Monopoly was more fun
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:

But you actually watched the movie, and therefore have a good standpoint for your hate of it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:

doing that makes me enjoy the game so much because it removes all the hype. positive and negative and lets the game speak for itself.

I do that for most games, but I must admit I was very positive for XIV because I was desperate for a new MMO. After the hype of playing it I got over it and got to the brass tacks, and it's a solid game.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:

About as fun as XIV is now. The freshness of it and the potential made me love XI.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 20:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:

I do that for most games, but I must admit I was very positive for XIV because I was desperate for a new MMO. After the hype of playing it I got over it and got to the brass tacks, and it's a solid game.
final fantasy hype annoys me more than final fantasy gripe :/

like my play on words there :P
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:

I do :D

Most FF hype annoys me too, I hated myself for being overly positive at the beginning. XIII was a huge disappointment, I regret getting that game @ release.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 20:51:17
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

But you actually watched the movie, and therefore have a good standpoint for your hate of it.

flion theres a lot of things in this world you simply dont try because you know you wont like them, stop forcing your opinion.

if you think you should try everything you think it sucks just so you have a solid opinion on it, go ahead and waste your time, other people like me, prefer to simply ignore it because they are really not that interested and will continue to say it sucks from an outside point of view, if you don't like that then filter out the people who don't have a 'solid' point of view simply because they observe and make up an opinion from their observations.

I'm giving an opinion from observation.
I'm not claiming experience, but observation is enough to make an opinion.
do you get it now?
I'm tired of going in circles about a same subject, it gets old and boring.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 20:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:

Most FF hype annoys me too, I hated myself for being overly positive at the beginning. XIII was a huge disappointment, I regret getting that game @ release.
I thought it was fine :/
I am sadly stuck in a self made hype for playing versus just due to the fact that i like the base concept that i've seen.

edit: my opinion on the current flidarki argument is that i think it's best to keep an open mind.
investigate what you do if that's what you like to do, by either watching clips are playing games.
seeing video clips have ruined a few games that i would have otherwise played :/
/forces his opinion in regards to visual entertainmnet
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:52:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

flion theres a lot of things in this world you simply dont try because you know you wont like them, stop forcing your opinion.

if you think you should try everything you think it sucks just so you have a solid opinion on it, go ahead and waste your time, other people like me, prefer to simply ignore it because they are really not that interested and will continue to say it sucks from an outside point of view, if you don't like that then filter out the people who don't have a 'solid' point of view simply because they observe and make up an opinion from their observations.

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

Would you write a review for something you had never tried?
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Example:

I thought it was fine :/
I am sadly stuck in a self made hype for playing versus just due to the fact that i like the base concept that i've seen.

Versus looks pretty good, They have a world map which is a huge plus for me.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 20:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

About as fun as XIV is now. The freshness of it and the potential made me love XI.

and now youre jaded because of something i dont care about, so im not sure how anyone in this thread atm is an unbiased or credible observer!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 20:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

Don't take it out of proportion.

I'm not writing a review, I'm giving you my *** opinion from what I've observed.
I repeat: if you don't like that, then filter it, ignore it, move on to someone who has experience like you.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 20:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

and now youre jaded because of something i dont care about, so im not sure how anyone in this thread atm is an unbiased or credible observer!
you should never take that dog picture away.
i will harass you if you do.
and
J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-JADEDDDDDD
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

I'm not writing a review, I'm giving you my *** opinion from what I've observed.
I repeat: if you don't like that, then filter it, ignore it, move on to someone who has experience like you.

I do most of the time, but I'll still point out how wrong it is to be so closed minded over something in entertainment. Freedom of speech.
 Asura.Meepy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ghysla
By Asura.Meepy 2010-09-09 20:57:13
Link | Citer | R

So after reading through this thread of arguing about which is better:

I have played FFXI since beta for 360. I love it! I have also played FFXIV beta. It's meh. It is beautiful - graphics wise. That is the only positive thing I can say about it. Other than that, I find it boring and much like many other MMO's of today. I will keep FFXI active until The Old Republic comes out. Then! {See you again!}
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 20:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

I do most of the time, but I'll still point out how wrong it is to be so closed minded over something in entertainment. Freedom of speech.

closed minded simply because i chose not to try it and gave an opinion based on observation? maybe you should rethink who's the closed minded here.

freedom of speech much? where is it?

yeaahh i thought so.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 20:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meepy said:

I have played FFXI since beta for 360. I love it! I have also played FFXIV beta. It's meh. It is beautiful - graphics wise. That is the only positive thing I can say about it. Other than that, I find it boring and much like many other MMO's of today. I will keep FFXI active until The Old Republic comes out. Then! {See you again!}

im definately getting the old republic

im either gonna be playing it or ff14 when i try it out and see if i like it or not
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Old republic looks awesome. That'll definitely be a game I try.

I liked Galaxies, but the bugs man... THE BUGS!

It makes XIV look complete >.>
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 20:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

I think it's fine to be closed minded, half way open minded, full open minded.
freedom of speech applies in all of these.
just because she disagrees and does something different than what you do doesn't make it wrong.
what may be right for you may not be right for some.
i have said this quite often here.
and i will continue to quote good times.
Asura.Meepy said:

/excited
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 20:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Old republic looks awesome. That'll definitely be a game I try.

I liked Galaxies, but the bugs man... THE BUGS!

It makes XIV look complete >.>

i played galaxies for a few months and got bored cuz my cousin who was gonna play with me on it stopped playing
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

closed minded simply because i chose not to try it and gave an opinion based on observation? maybe you should rethink who's the closed minded here.

yeaahh i thought so.

You're not willing to try something based of other opinion. That's being closed minded. You're not willing for XIV to impress you.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 21:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

do you get it now?

Ok then, riddle me this:

yeaahh i thought so.

You're not willing to try something based of other opinion. That's being closed minded. You're not willing for XIV to impress you.

wait.. its closed minded to make up my own opinion and not to try it based on my own opinion ????

wow... you're smart!

I think you're being closed minded because you can't accept my opinion
I think you're closed minded because you can't accept that others don't like what you do like.

By Flionheart 2010-09-09 21:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Ok then another Hypothetical: FFXIV comes out at retail with no lag and fully implemented AH like everyone is asking for. The entire game is catered to you and you loved it, would you admit that you were wrong?

If XIV turns out to be a gigantic steaming pile of *** @ 3 months post retail I'll be cancelling my subscription. I'm more than happy the admit the game is bad if it is bad, I did it with XI and I'll do it with XIV.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15