Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Empyrean Armor pushing for Footwork build
Empyrean Armor pushing for Footwork build
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-08 22:43:18
Link | Citer | R

So, looking at the stats of the Empyrean Armor so far and combined with OA2-3 Ursine Claws, it seems SE is really trying to push a Footwork build on MNK.

I was hoping to work on Verethragna(sp?) with trials since I can't see my galka full-timing Footwork with its half-*** kicks and all, but with the way the gear is going I suppose Ursine would be the appropiate path. At least its way easier to obtain.

What do you think?
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-08 22:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Wont know until you try it i suppose... you can always change your trial weapon up later if you wanted to
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-08 23:05:59
Link | Citer | R

It'd be nice if they let us do both though. I mean after all, its us that have to grind through the trials and its not like it would be gamebreaking or anything.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-08 23:06:36
Link | Citer | R

good, finally got a reason to use Footwork outside of Dragon Kick WS Build.
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 23:11:30
Link | Citer | R

I welcome the change. It's nice to have a new way of playing a job. Going from getting as many punches in as possible to a consistent 5~6 hit build like bigger DDs.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-08 23:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
I welcome the change. It's nice to have a new way of playing a job. Going from getting as many punches in as possible to a consistent 5~6 hit build like bigger DDs.
yup yup, now we can hit harder and consistent like the SAMs, and still look cool doing it.
[+]
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-09-09 00:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering, but would this set make poise shoes a filler until you got this? And... at the Original Poster... love the avatar xD
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Just wondering, but would this set make poise shoes a filler until you got this? And... at the Original Poster... love the avatar xD

Don't know yet to be honest. Testing has to be done to determine the damage on the feet and the effects of the "Augments Kick Attacks". They may be the same damage as Poise shoes or lower for all we know.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-09 01:10:28
Link | Citer | R

I guess it is time for something to come out that breaks the traditional mold for MNK. Plus being able to do x-hit builds consistantly, will definately see MNK pushed back in the fray with the "bigger DDs". Still don't no what hands and body will bring to the table, but it almost seems like they're going for a Usukane like set that focuses on Footwork. I guess I can give it a go and see how it works out.
Sylph.Elgorian said:

Thanks, as soon as I can get it to run for more than 5min at a time, I plan on naming my FFXIV characters after characters from the Amory Wars.
By Demonicmechanic 2010-09-09 01:20:50
Link | Citer | R

I wish i could buy all this new gear with crour got like 500k of it i barely use...but of course SE will make it a pain to get so ppl with multi high lvl jobs like me will have a tough time of it.... so sick of magian trials. Now more bag space taken up with items ill be waitin for NMs to pop or weather or right day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-09 01:33:54
Link | Citer | R

The Empyrean Armor can be purchased with Resistance Credits from a Bastion Prefect. Resistance Credits are similar to Cruor, and drop from the Bastion events in the new Abyssea zones. Best I can tell at this point is Bastion seems alot like Campaign except you get experience/limit points/cruor/credits per mob.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 01:34:27
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Good reason happened last update actually when ursine claws were released not just now. And idk if anyone saw what I mentioned i af3 thread and that is, the feet could well be quite low kick dmg+ and its just a piece you equip before the ja to enhance kick attacks then you swap to poise or w/e is best come further updates.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-09 01:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Good reason happened last update actually when ursine claws were released not just now. And idk if anyone saw what I mentioned i af3 thread and that is, the feet could well be quite low kick dmg+ and its just a piece you equip before the ja to enhance kick attacks then you swap to poise or w/e is best come further updates.

Seems completely logical pending testing of the feet. Although it also depends on how much the set bonus is as well. It would seem unlikely they would release Poise then 3 months later make it useless. But alas, this is SE we're talking about.
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-09 01:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
The Empyrean Armor can be purchased with Resistance Credits from a Bastion Prefect. Resistance Credits are similar to Cruor, and drop from the Bastion events in the new Abyssea zones. Best I can tell at this point is Bastion seems alot like Campaign except you get experience/limit points/cruor/credits per mob.

god i hope they add a way of getting TEs wile doing this... ill be spending alot of time there lol. also the key items for AF3 that's needed to upgrade them. any word on where to find those? probably a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE low drop rate on T5 VNMs? *crys a little*
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-09 02:01:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Danz said:
god i hope they add a way of getting TEs wile doing this... ill be spending alot of time there lol. also the key items for AF3 that's needed to upgrade them. any word on where to find those? probably a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE low drop rate on T5 VNMs? *crys a little*

I haven't seen anything yet, but best I can tell is they're upgraded through TotM and they're still digging up info on the new trials.
 Valefor.Madranta
Serveur: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-09-09 04:47:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna guess that acquiring the +2 versions of these is going to be very slow and painful. Considering how difficult the Empyrean Weapons are to get and these share the same name just makes me even more afraid to see the requirements. That said, I would be shocked if the Tantra Gaiters +2 DIDN'T overpower Poise Shoes. If they can be swapped in and out and still keep the enhanced Footwork effect then maybe Poise will still be worth using, but I'd still be willing to bet they have higher damage than Poise.

Also... 25% haste cap with just the head, legs and BB (add in a Tiercel Necklace to hit true cap) /drool. Makes me wonder if they're going to raise the gear haste cap at some point or just add non-haste stats to the body and hand pieces.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 04:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Madranta said:
Also... 25% haste cap with just the head, legs and BB (add in a Tiercel Necklace to hit true cap) /drool. Makes me wonder if they're going to raise the gear haste cap at some point or just add non-haste stats to the body and hand pieces.

I'm not sure why so many people are wondering if they are gonna raise the haste cap....is attacking once every 2s too slow? lol My sam at cap (double march, hasso, haste spell and gear) swings every 2s and I dont even hit the 25~26% gear haste cap. I'm at like 17 or 18% (no haidate so ya...but now with AF3+2 I should be hitting 20's)
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-09-09 05:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Boundsoul said:

not totally true the head piece are 20k cruor from the 3 new abby zones. each zone has certain ones
 Valefor.Madranta
Serveur: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-09-09 05:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Valefor.Madranta said:

I'm not sure why so many people are wondering if they are gonna raise the haste cap....is attacking once every 2s too slow? lol My sam at cap (double march, hasso, haste spell and gear) swings every 2s and I dont even hit the 25~26% gear haste cap. I'm at like 17 or 18% (no haidate so ya...but now with AF3+2 I should be hitting 20's)

No, of course that's not too slow. However with all the haste gear that is becoming available it seems almost too easy to hit the cap. And I'm talking about raising the cap for gear only, not the combined haste cap. That way you could get more of the total haste cap from gear rather than buffs, which would be nice in situations where you don't have a BRD or COR in your pt.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 05:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Madranta said:
No, of course that's not too slow. However with all the haste gear that is becoming available it seems almost too easy to hit the cap. And I'm talking about raising the cap for gear only, not the combined haste cap. That way you could get more of the total haste cap from gear rather than buffs, which would be nice in situations where you don't have a BRD or COR in your pt.

well that kinda makes more sense for your argument then lol... i guess i misinterpreted, sorry mate. would be nice as some of those gears have insane haste+ build on them lol (hi war pants with +7 lol)
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-09 05:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Another thing I noticed, for the +2 its says set "augments kick attacks" not enhances like they normally use. Wonder if its just different wording or somehow with set there'll be some kind of change besides increased dmg.

EDIT: I think that's the first time I have ever seen "there'll"
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-09 09:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Maybe it's just me, but to me there is awesomeness on paper and awesomeness in practice. I make my list of what gear I try to get, but the list of what I end up with is always a little shorter. Still, when I check my performance vs other people from time to time, I stack up pretty well. I am not sure how that introduces what I am about to say, but... whatever.

I like the full time footwork idea, but haven't pursued it yet. The talk of making monk a heavier dd kind of confuses me. When I parse things, I parse them in real conditions, and dps-wise (what I consider most important, usually) I am almost always among the top dd's in party/alliance. The perception that sam > all just doesn't hold true in my experience. So I wonder, does monk's dot > ws "style" stay the same with this new method, or does it actually become more like sam? Personally, I am pretty satisfied with my performance, and there are too many samurais (and samurai onry's) running around already.
 Asura.Zman
Serveur: Asura
user: Zman
By Asura.Zman 2010-09-09 13:55:05
Link | Citer | R

The thing is, that although I totally welcome the footwork push, there's no way i'm full-timing it on all mobs. Basically, it's the whole "***'s situational" thing, and i am totally glad to have the OPTION for having a heavier DD "stance" like thing. Regular h2h will be awesome still, even w/ this new set, and the extra kick attacks dmg will be a nice addition not only to FW, but to your regular H2H stuffs as well, since we'll still be throwin down mad boots to da head when FW is not on.

By ejiboo 2010-09-25 06:17:12
Link | Citer | R

anyone know what the enhancement to perfect counter is? 2 counters?
 Lakshmi.Alyte
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Alyte 2010-10-07 03:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Perfect counter is 1-3 counters. Maybe it makes it so that it is 2-3 or something to that effect. maybe 3 100% of the time!