DRK Empyrean Armor/AF3
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-09-09 08:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Finished Products: Say hello to our new friends.

One word: Butter!

Love every bit of it. Not to worried about the lack of haste. As a DRK, we picked a job that uses slow and powerful weapons. We are never gonna have as much haste on our gear as other jobs. But hoping we do get a bit more from body and hands. I wonder how this varying attack to HP thing is gonna work? I hope it procs as much as the Weapongs that occ. att. X.
Hope its not the lower your hp the more powerful... bet it will be though
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-09-09 08:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Not to worried about the lack of haste. As a DRK, we picked a job that uses slow and powerful weapons. We are never gonna have as much haste on our gear as other jobs.

Don't post garbage like this, people will believe you. Haste is just as important for drk as it is for any other melee DD and to not want to cap it because you have a natrually high attack or a slow weapon is just stupid.

Gradd and Kvazz, I'm not arguing that war can not wipe the floor with drk at the moment under optimal conditions but to sit here and QQ over Cata's haste needing to be seperate from gear haste or whine about what we were given compared to other jobs is going to do nothing. I'm just trying to be positive.
By Pawnskipper 2010-09-09 08:30:46
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
Pawnskipper said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Finished Products: Say hello to our new friends.
One word: Butter! Love every bit of it. Not to worried about the lack of haste. As a DRK, we picked a job that uses slow and powerful weapons. We are never gonna have as much haste on our gear as other jobs. But hoping we do get a bit more from body and hands. I wonder how this varying attack to HP thing is gonna work? I hope it procs as much as the Weapongs that occ. att. X.
Hope its not the lower your hp the more powerful... bet it will be though

That would be a bigger upset than DRK not being able to use Mercurial Sword or the fail that is "Knightfall". But something tells me DRKs time of being behind of other DD's is over. Im hoping it makes your attack what your current HP are. So if your sitting on 13k HP, then you will swing with that much attack occ. This would be spicey for Guillotine DMG. And I wonder if and additions to attacks will stack with this effect. Like DRK natural attack bonus, gear and Last Resort.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 08:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Don't post garbage like this, people will believe you. Haste is just as important for drk as it is for any other melee DD and to not want to cap it because you have a natrually high attack or a slow weapon is just stupid.

Someone needs to tell SE this. When it comes to DRK it seems like they're years behind.
By Pawnskipper 2010-09-09 08:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said:
Pawnskipper said:
Not to worried about the lack of haste. As a DRK, we picked a job that uses slow and powerful weapons. We are never gonna have as much haste on our gear as other jobs.
Don't post garbage like this, people will believe you. Haste is just as important for drk as it is for any other melee DD and to not want to cap it because you have a natrually high attack or a slow weapon is just stupid. Gradd and Kvazz, I'm not arguing that war can not wipe the floor with drk at the moment under optimal conditions but to sit here and QQ over Cata's haste needing to be seperate from gear haste or whine about what we were given compared to other jobs is going to do nothing. I'm just trying to be positive.

I didnt say it wasnt important, I said I'M.....key word being I'M not to worried about haste. That's an opinion. Right or wrong, its an opinion. But then again, im not a parse fanatic. Haste is a very important boost, if not the most important. But I am not gonna heckle square for the sweet gear we are getting because it dosnt have ZOMG haste +18%. I also didnt say I didnt want it capped. Would be nice to have it capped though. Assumptions my boy...assumptions.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-09 08:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said:
Pawnskipper said:

Gradd and Kvazz, I'm not arguing that war can not wipe the floor with drk at the moment under optimal conditions but to sit here and QQ over Cata's haste needing to be seperate from gear haste or whine about what we were given compared to other jobs is going to do nothing. I'm just trying to be positive.

I just want Apoc Drks to shine like they used to, and atm removing the haste cap is the only thing that is going to bring that into effect, if not then Apoc is just going to turn into another wasted Relic of Time effort and Gil just like Gugnir.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-09-09 08:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Check out these shinies fellow DRK bretheren (just starting to pop up on BG):

Ace's Sabatons Rare Exclusive
Feet
DEF:24 Accuracy-4 Attack+8
"Store TP"+5 Haste+3%
Lv85 DRK SAM DRG
(5 hit with new store tp+10 Reckoning go!)

Bale Choker Rare Exclusive
Neck
STR+5 Accuracy+8 Attack+8
Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv84 DRK

Veloce Zuchetto Rare Exclusive
Head
DEF:38 Attack-6
"Subtle Blow"-6 Haste+6%
Lv85 WAR PLD DRK SAM DRG

Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-09-09 08:47:54
Link | Citer | R

hmmm.... Well enough banter over its usefulness... Anyone have any info on where it comes from? (I know abyssea, I cannot log in to go find it myself) How to upgrade? Where to farm the ***to upgrade? I know its only a day after the update, but other jobs will be found and posted before ours.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-09 08:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Wtf is up w/ Ace's Gear having -ACC when Ace's helm had 7 ACC? X:

Drk neck looks sexy i'll take that, kills Justice Torque which I was never to fond of anyways.
By Pawnskipper 2010-09-09 08:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Mitchel said:
Check out these shinies fellow DRK bretheren (just starting to pop up on BG): Ace's Sabatons Rare Exclusive Feet DEF:24 Accuracy-4 Attack+8 "Store TP"+5 Haste+3% Lv85 DRK SAM DRG (5 hit with new store tp+10 Reckoning go!) Bale Choker Rare Exclusive Neck STR+5 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 Adds "Refresh" effect Lv84 DRK Veloce Zuchetto Rare Exclusive Head DEF:38 Attack-6 "Subtle Blow"-6 Haste+6% Lv85 WAR PLD DRK SAM DRG

Bale Choker!!! Its like a Chivalrous Chain and a Parade Gorget had a overgrown love child. Well minuse the store TP+ 1. But i can live with it. Drool

Mitchel, do you know what drops the Bale Choker?
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-09-09 08:52:43
Link | Citer | R

Not a clue, literally came across it on Bluegartr about 5 minutes ago, seems there's been some trouble retrieving the DAT info on new armour until now.

That accessory better not come from anything as annoying as Manannagal again...

The penalties we have to take with our new haste options is just pure ghey too.
By Pawnskipper 2010-09-09 08:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Wtf is up w/ Ace's Gear having -ACC when Ace's helm had 7 ACC? X: Drk neck looks sexy i'll take that, kills Justice Torque which I was never to fond of anyways.

Yeah, the ace's hose in abyssea Konschtat give -10 acc. So im assuming this Ace fellow dosnt connect with things very much. >=/
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 09:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Well sadly in the world of melee AF3s, you guys did get the shaft. Look at MNK and WAR sets. They get ***tons of haste and ownage.
By Pawnskipper 2010-09-09 09:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said:
hmmm.... Well enough banter over its usefulness... Anyone have any info on where it comes from? (I know abyssea, I cannot log in to go find it myself) How to upgrade? Where to farm the ***to upgrade? I know its only a day after the update, but other jobs will be found and posted before ours.

I know you get the helm in Abyssea Misareaux Coast for 20k cruor. As far as the legs and feet. Im still looking.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 09:08:53
Link | Citer | R

feet to my knowledge i've heard are dropped in gold chests in new abyssea zones (whether they vary by zone is beyond me) and legs you get from Bastion NPC's for doing the event/quests in the new abyssea zones...thats how you get the base armors
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
user: Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-09-09 09:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Look no further for more equipment, what has been revealed so far is really all that's worth mentioning. AF3, Ace's sabaton's, and Bale Choker, that's pretty much it.

Why SE, tell me why DRK cannot bask in glorious haste equipment?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 09:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
Look no further for more equipment, what has been revealed so far is really all that's worth mentioning. AF3, Ace's sabaton's, and Bale Choker, that's pretty much it.

wtf are you blathering about? lol drk gets a lot of good haste gears
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-09-09 09:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Lakshmi.Leondimas said:

wtf are you blathering about? lol drk gets a lot of good haste gears
Yeah and a lot of others job have a lot of good haste gear, especially after perle came out.

I've counted 11 AF3 sets with more than 6% Haste.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 09:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
I've counted 11 AF3 sets with more than 6% Haste.

so just because your AF3+2 doesn't have a ***load of haste, there aren't other haste options? awesome logic...
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2010-09-09 09:41:13
Link | Citer | R

My logic is very awesome. TP wise, it's hardly an improvement over what's been available. Whereas other DD's got a massive TP gearz boost.

I'd also like to utilize the set bonus (provided that it's good).

Until then, Hi Mr AF3, you're my new WS gear, meet my old friends spinning slash and guillotine. Those silly other DD's and their updated better weaponskills. They can't touch us!

/insanity
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 09:42:33
Link | Citer | R

lol ok..its not even worth arguing this point with ya Leo, sorry...I'm done here lol
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 09:43:20
Link | Citer | R

The guy is a moron. Just ignore him. It's a thread about the AF3 so of course we're talking about the AF3 and not every other piece of gear in the game.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Well the new optimal aftermath set is:

Apoc
Pole Grip
Firebomblet
Bale head+2
Justice torque
Abyssal Earring
Brutal Earring
Adaman Hauberk
Dusk Gloves+1
Rajas Ring
Strigori Ring
Cerberus mantle +1
Velocious Belt
Bale Legs +2
Bale Feet +2

The ammount of +str you can get on your basic TP set now is going to break apoc :/
 Hades.Ferusio
Serveur: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-09-09 10:29:03
Link | Citer | R

guys think of body stats when they come out lol
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Ferusio said:

I'm trying to think where I'm gonna find the free time to do all this *** :/
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-09-09 10:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Hades.Ferusio said:

lulz i quit for 3mnths and i come back to this i gotta do 4 jobs 75-85 and rdm 40-85 then all this ; ;
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Ferusio said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Hades.Ferusio said:
lulz i quit for 3mnths and i come back to this i gotta do 4 jobs 75-85 and rdm 40-85 then all this ; ;

Well I'm happy that I can do this in my spare time, and then the 99 update comes up on christmas break. I'll be able to keep up, just maybe a bit slower than other people ; ;

You should come to pheonix with me feru! Let me out parse that sam of yours.
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-09-09 10:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Hades.Ferusio said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Hades.Ferusio said:

Well I'm happy that I can do this in my spare time, and then the 99 update comes up on christmas break. I'll be able to keep up, just maybe a bit slower than other people ; ;

You should come to pheonix with me feru! Let me out parse that sam of yours.
we both know that'l never happen :P, would come to Pnizzle but i couldn't abandon kvag again. How u been anyway man.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-09 10:42:51
Link | Citer | R

This *** is mine.
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-09-09 10:48:00